Who knew choking each other would earn us fastpasses?

I am so sorry about Jesse's grandmother.
Lisa we have some hectic days, haven't we. Maybe I should take you on our trip! :lovestruc

I love your lost pictures. It's neeat to see you in some more pictures. If my mom comes with us, it wil lbe just like being with Skip in the picture department. She has a camera, but she never even brings it along on trips.

I'm coming back to post replies as soon as I can get my boss to stop coming in here and pestering me. I guess he thinks just because he pays me, I have to do what he says.:laughing:

In the meantime, Happy St. Patrick's Day! I hope you all remembered to wear green. If you didn't, I'm sending out a "virtual" pinch to you. :shamrock:

Hi Lisa:goodvibes

Trying to get caught up again. I'm so sorry to hear about Jesse's grandmother. I'll keep his family in my thoughts and prayers.

Love the lost pictures!!!:thumbsup2 But...wow!:eek: Look at the crowds in Fantasyland!!! Good choice heading into IASW!:thumbsup2

I'm coming back to post replies as soon as I can get my boss to stop coming in here and pestering me. I guess he thinks just because he pays me, I have to do what he says.:laughing:

In the meantime, Happy St. Patrick's Day! I hope you all remembered to wear green. If you didn't, I'm sending out a "virtual" pinch to you. :shamrock:

:guilty: You got me - I was one of the ones who forgot.

Loved the pictures! I know what you mean about 2 cameras. I loaded the entire sd cards from both my cameras to phtobucket just as they were and lets just say its a challenge to find anything considering I had a years worth of everyday pics on both cards to!

Those crowds in fantasyland look crazy but I think I'll have to get used to that. I'll have to start going in June because of River being in school. I like the fall because its less crowded and cooler.

I hope things start to calm down for you so you can enjoy the wedding "stuff" and planning your vacation!

In the interest of judicial economy.....oops, sorry, the paralegal in me was starting to show....:lmao: Seriously, thanks for the posts that I haven't gotten around to replying to. I promise to do better from here on out.

In the interest of saving time, I'm going to go ahead and post another update. If I don't get this darned trip report finished, I'll never have time to start a pre-trip report and I want to do that ASAP so I can share our plans for our May trip.

Mama had decided to stay at the resort while we enjoyed the morning and mid-afternoon at the Magic Kingdom. We had a dinner ADR at the Crystal Palace which is a tradition for us. We absolutely must finish up our trip with dinner there. We had stopped in one of the stores where Hunter took a picture of one of the spinning toys:

SANY3825-1.jpg

We continued on down Main Street and out of the park. I took a picture of the monorail which was stopped on the track above us:

SANY3828-1.jpg

As we walked along towards the CBR bus stop which is, by the way, one of the last stops at the Magic Kingdom, we saw that there were workers on the monorail track. I couldn't tell what they were doing but I took pictures:

SANY3829-1.jpg

SANY3830-1.jpg

SANY3831-1.jpg

I guess my memory is correct on where I took these pictures from but when I look at them, something doesn't look right. I know we didn't walk further down than the CBR stop. Anyway, no matter where I was standing at the time, I took pictures. There were two workers (that you can't see in these pictures) and they were leaving off the front of the train/car thingie and reaching down into the track. That was certainly something we had ever seen before.

Hey Mary Ellen, that's one of the "firsts" I can add to my list.:thumbsup2

Anyway, a bus came and we were on our way back to the resort. We were a bit hot and sticky so we changed our clothes before going back to the Magic Kingdom. Here's John and Hunter leaning back and resting while at the bus stop:

SANY3833.jpg

How the heck can Hunter do that without hurting his neck? Dunno?:confused3

We were lucky and a bus arrived fairly quickly after we sat down. There weren't very many other guests on the bus when we got in and we were able to get seats right up front. Good! I can take pictures:

SANY3834.jpg

SANY3835.jpg

Soon, we were seeing this beautiful, although slightly blurry, sight:

SANY3836.jpg

SANY3837.jpg

I guess I've never really paid attention to how tight a squeeze it is for the buses to go through here:

SANY3838.jpg

but it seemed pretty darn tight to me. John said it wasn't that bad but to me it was.

About that time, I looked down and saw some pretty Mickey confetti on the floor:

SANY3840.jpg

Mickey confetti makes me smile.:)

This is right around the spot where our morning bus driver saw the people walking down the middle of the median instead of using the walkways. Seriously? I wouldn't want to walk in Disney traffic!

SANY3841.jpg

Oooh baby baby, buh buh buh baby (anybody else remember that Salt n Peppa song?), soon we were pulling into the Magic Kingdom bus stops:

SANY3842.jpg

We made our way through security and the turnstiles in no time at all. John took a picture of the three generations at the most magical place on Earth:

SANY3843.jpg

*** Continued in next post

Barging in in the midst of your update...

I really like the picture Hunter took of the Pirates sign...the one with the sun beaming down in the upper right corner...it has a certain "washed up on a deserted island" feel to it.

I wish I could look at the floor here and see some Mickey confetti! pixiedust:

Love that 3 generations picture! :goodvibes

**Sorry, was texting racefanof88....they may try and meet up with us in May!

Back to report.......

We made our way down Main Street. Mickey confetti makes me smile and so do Disney balloons!

SANY3844.jpg

Before heading to the podium to check in, I snapped a picture of my dream home away from home:

SANY3845.jpg

I left the family and went to check in as did about 159 million other people. Okay, so maybe I'm exaggerating how many people were there but it sure did seem like a lot.

There was one lady on the porch of the Crystal Palace who was fussing up a storm....cursing, throwing her hands in the air, yelling....yep she was doing it all. She was mad because somebody told her the wrong way to the Crystal Palace and she was 10 minutes late checking in for their ADR. Geez lady, 10 minutes isn't anything to go ballistic over!:sad2: She then started to fuss because there wasn't any place for all of them to sit down. Again, geez lady, it's the Magic Kingdom don't you expect to stand? There was a guy with her who I assumed was her husband who was trying to calm her down which seemed to make her even madder. She was telling him not to touch her and to back off. There were a couple of teenage kids with them and poor things just kinda slinked off like they didn't want anybody to see them with her. Whoa! If my mother acted that way, I'd be hiding in a corner, sucking my thumb and wishing for my happy safe place.:laughing:

Anyway, she did provide some "entertainment" while I and the other 159 million other people waited our turn. When I got to the window, I gave them my information and they told me that they were running a bit behind (about 30 minutes) and gave me a buzzer. I threw my hands in the air, started cursing, told everybody to BACK OFF and give me their blankety blank seat on the bench! Just kidding! :rotfl2: I took the buzzer and walked over to where the rest of my group were waiting. Of course, I had to tell them all about ranting and raving woman.

We were able to keep ourselves entertained while waiting. I don't know what Hunter was doing but it was making Mama laugh:

SANY3846.jpg

I asked them to both "smile pretty" for this picture:

SANY3847.jpg

The next one is of John and I in our "smile pretty" picture:

SANY3848.jpg

Just kidding, here's a better one:

SANY3849.jpg

You may be able to tell from our pictures and our semi-red faces that, even though it was later in the day. Mama had to make a potty stop and I took a few pictures of our surroundings:

SANY3850.jpg

SANY3852.jpg

I don't know what the heck I was doing when I took the picture above. Obviously, I was leaning slightly....maybe withering in the heat. :rolleyes:

SANY3853.jpg

SANY3854.jpg

You can see Mama (blurry but still Mama) in the background of this picture:

SANY3855.jpg

Still waiting:

SANY3856.jpg

SANY3857.jpg

Obviously, the wait was fairly long because I was still snapping pictures:

SANY3859.jpg

SANY3858.jpg

**Continued in next post

Your castle pictures are so pretty!

I wonder if the people who throw huge fits in public ever feel bad about it later? :sad2:

John pretending the buzzer is a phone:

SANY3851.jpg

I took a few more pictures and then noticed that it looked like there were some empty seats on the porch of the Crystal Palace.

SANY3860.jpg

SANY3861.jpg

I walked over to check it out and lo and behold, there were quite a few empty seats. I motioned my crew over before the seats were taken by other people.

***Well, the office phone is ringing and I've got people on hold. I guess I'll stop here. Up next, dinner with Winnie the Pooh and friends!

Awesome updates, Lisa. I think that woman needed her pacifier and a nap! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I really don't understand why some people get so nuts; I mean it wasn't like it was an hour and ten minutes! :confused3

Great photos of the MK while you were all waiting for your table at the CP. And John just cracks me up...I think he should just get one of those things that attaches to his ear so he feels like he always has the phone there. ;)

Barging in in the midst of your update...

I really like the picture Hunter took of the Pirates sign...the one with the sun beaming down in the upper right corner...it has a certain "washed up on a deserted island" feel to it.

I wish I could look at the floor here and see some Mickey confetti! pixiedust:

Love that 3 generations picture! :goodvibes

I liked that picture too! I thought he did a good job with it.

Honey, if I had some Mickey confetti right now, I'd throw it all over my office floor but, for some reason, I don't think I'd like it as much here as I do at Disney.:laughing:

Your castle pictures are so pretty!

I wonder if the people who throw huge fits in public ever feel bad about it later? :sad2:

I thought the castle pictures turned out pretty good too.

I felt so bad for the husband and the kids. I would have been soooo embarassed.

Awesome updates, Lisa. I think that woman needed her pacifier and a nap! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I really don't understand why some people get so nuts; I mean it wasn't like it was an hour and ten minutes! :confused3

Great photos of the MK while you were all waiting for your table at the CP. And John just cracks me up...I think he should just get one of those things that attaches to his ear so he feels like he always has the phone there. ;)

She sure needed something....either a good old fashioned spanking or a strong alcoholic drink.:lmao: She was something else.

John and his darned phones. He likes to make fun of how much Lacey is on the phone but it's definitely not any more often that he is. I think that I may just have to take pictures of both of them on the phone during our next trip and see who was on it the most. I betcha John would win hands down.

Hi Lisa! I have been away for a while (long story, lots going on but all good now) but I have caught up on your TR and cannot wait to read the rest of it and then start on your Pre-Trip once you start that.

Can you believe you only have 3 months til your next trip?

Hi Lisa! I have been away for a while (long story, lots going on but all good now) but I have caught up on your TR and cannot wait to read the rest of it and then start on your Pre-Trip once you start that.

Can you believe you only have 3 months til your next trip?

Glad to see you back! Hopefully, things are going more smoothly for you.

Actually, it's only a little over 2 months before we are back at Disney!:cheer2:

Glad to see you back! Hopefully, things are going more smoothly for you.

Actually, it's only a little over 2 months before we are back at Disney!:cheer2:

I meant 2 months, but I guess I hit the 3 by accident! Whoops! :rolleyes1

Yeah, everything is going well for me now. Getting ready to start planning my next visit to the world, which won't be til next year.

I meant 2 months, but I guess I hit the 3 by accident! Whoops! :rolleyes1

Yeah, everything is going well for me now. Getting ready to start planning my next visit to the world, which won't be til next year.

I've hit a few wrong buttons when typing too so no problem. Thank goodness there's an edit button. :laughing:

I don't know what 2012 holds for our Summer vacation since Lacey's getting married this August. I am sure I'll be going through "Lacey" withdrawals by then so we may be headed to Tennessee.

About that time, I looked down and saw some pretty Mickey confetti on the floor:

SANY3840.jpg

Mickey confetti makes me smile.:)

Mickeys anywhere make me smile! My parents picked me up some Mickey holiday sprinkles, I love using them on random cookies and brownies...even if other people don't notice, I still get a nice little "hidden" Mickey! ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter