Who Invited My Mother In Law? A Moderately Deluxe TR All New X 3 & PTR Link 2/3 !!

Yay!! Somehow I missed these updates, guess I've been busy not on the dis :confused3

Akershus is....well...very underwhelming, especially for the price. We did breakfast there on our first trip and it's safe to say I won't be back until I have a little princess in tow. I didn't find the food very good, the atmosphere was bleak, but the princesses make that meal a lot better.

I've met that Snow & Ariel, and Snow was amazing, she's great! I usually don't care for meeting her, but I do like that friend. And Ariel I know I've met and she was super good. Maybe it was just a rough day? She doesn't like doing meals? Who knows?:confused3

That dress is gorgeous!! I love the Merida dresses (and wigs ha!) that Disney has. Ugh, I just want to buy ALL the dresses. I was running around Walmart yesterday and saw that they had the pink Cindy dress! ACK! I love that one!

Also, did you know that they have costumes like Briar Rose, Tiana's waitress gown, and others kicking around?!?! I seriously want to see those dresses out in the parks!!

I love getting to see the Princesses and so does my DD. Glad that Maddie got to se Ariel and get the matching dress picture. That's always something my DD loves to do. Why can Disney have such a big variety of how food tastes from one place to the next. At least you had a great experience with the Princesses even though the food wasn't the best.

We have a lot of fun at the Princess meals, and yes-Maddie was delighted to be twins with Arial. I figure that people want to know the truth about how the meals were, but that won't stop us from going back! Not as long as DD loves those princesses!

well, this wouldn't have been anywhere near considered with Jackson, but hopefully in a few years with kaylee. I would LOVE me some salami for breakfast!!!!

:lmao: I bet that wouldn't have been Jackson's cup of tea. :lmao: You'll have a great time taking Kaylee though. Salami for breakfast is awesome!

That's strange that they wouldn't let you guys in until exactly 8! Epcot really does take some time to trek across!

I had no idea Cinderella wouldn't be at Akershus anymore!!! I mean, not that I don't like Mulan, but that seems like a bit of a random choice - is her movie still that popular? :laughing:

Isn't that weird? I wonder why Cindy got pulled? Mulan is still popular with the littles, you just never know who they're going to get hooked on, but not so popular that you'd replace Cinderella with her.

I'm all in favor of Disney letting some of the 'newer' princesses into the character meal game though. In fact I was hoping that Be our Guest would be a character meal and that some of the newer girls would appear there. Maybe some day though!

Well....did you think I had forgotten about your fabulous TR?! :upsidedow No way!! Like you, we've been ridiculously busy. Back in 2008, we did the F&G and loved it!!! It's amazing what Disney can do with flowers and shrubs. Too bad Stephen, 7 at the time, couldn't appreciate all the work that goes into such displays. We haven't been lucky enough to go again during this time. We liked Akershus, too, but probably won't go back again for the princess breakfast. One aspect that we really loved was getting into EP early! We had an 8:05am ressie, so we were like the second car in the parking lot that mornng...no lie! Here's the proof :laughing:

DSC02313.jpg

We did get some wonderful pictures while walking in...think they allowed us to go in at 7:30ish. Being in the parks when they're empty is so very different...love it!

You got some awesome shots:thumbsup2 Keep the pictures coming!!!
Heather

Thanks Heather! I was so happy to get there for F&G-it's amazing what they can do with those flowers! I wish that we'd had more time before breakfast to take pics, but the PP CD was loaded with F&G shots. I plan to share those in the next couple of updates!

Great upates! We went to Akershus for lunch last time we were there and my middle daughter ate her weight in salami! My husband and I had the cauliflower soup as part of our lunch and it was to die for!!!!! Cindy was there when we were there and my girls were happy, don't know if they would be thrilled with Mulan or Mary Poppins.

Thanks! If I'd know there was cauliflower soup I may have enjoyed my dinner there more-that sounds yummy! From what I can tell on AllEars, the Cindy replacement is a new thing. She's been there both times that we went. Maddie would be happy to see any characters, but Mary Poppins would seem a little out of place to me. I really do wish that they'd start rotating some newer princesses into the meals though. It would be nice to see Jasmine, Rapunzel, Mulan, even Merida make some appearances!

I'm very much looking forward to her first BBB trip as well. princess: I'm even more looking forward to her first WDW trip, which I hope will be this January but it's not certain at all. That's why I don't even have a ticker. Trying not to get my hopes up. :sad1:

Here are the rest of my comments. I think I was at Hollywood and Vine. (Speaking of, so far I've been watching Mickey Mouse's Clubhouse and Special Agent Oso with her. I like it!)

I can just picture Maddie telling you to “hurry up and get going” for her oh so important date with Jake. ;) 20 minutes with characters for a 30 minutes breakfast? Awesome! I’ll keep that character meal in mind for when Claudia is old enough.

That’s a good thing that you did not listen to that CM in the restaurant, otherwise you would have missed the early start to get to TSMM! First riders of the day??? Wow, awesome! :banana: I wasn’t sure what to think of this new thing of soft opening DHS, but so far it seems great, especially since we’d usually get there around 8:30.

Maddie would make a great CM one day, warning others about possibly getting wet, and no flash photography! :thumbsup2

Ooooh, those PP pictures of Maddie in front of Beauty & the Beast are very pretty! :cloud9:

I think it would be quite funny to dine at 50s Prime Time, but Ron would disagree with me. Still, I insist that we at least try it out if we ever make it there with a big group of family members or friends. Haha, so funny that Bryan kept his elbows on the table on purpose. I’m glad Uncle Tony took notice! :lmao:

I’m not a big fan of the Great Movie Ride at all. In fact, I almost fell asleep on it when we rode it 3 years ago. I do want to give it the benefit of the doubt though, and say that maybe we just got a boring narrator, but Ron insists that the ride just plain needs a major refurbishment. :confused3

Yay! :cheer2: Good job Maddie for being brave enough to go on TOT!! It’s the only ride that DD13 (then DD10) refused to ride back in 2009. She had ridden it at 7 and hated it. We told her that since she’s much older now, (and since there are so many other things that she was “scared of” that became her favorite attractions), she has to try it again one more time. If she truly hates it, we won’t bother her again. It may not become her favorite, but I have a feeling she won’t hate it. Especially since at the fair this summer she went on a similar ride (well, just the drop part). I made sure to wait until she was strapped in and the ride had started to rise to point out the similarities and that if she could do that one, she could do TOT. At the end she pretended not to like it, even though I clearly saw her smile.

LOL @ you wearing a Queen’s shirt while Maddie has a princess one.
I always love it when the PP makes the parents kiss while the child covers their eyes. Cute! :rotfl:

Oh Maddie! She’s such a funny and spunky little girl. :upsidedow

And now the newest update : It takes a while to walk through Epcot, but you don't really notice it because there is just so many nice things to look at.
Character meals are really all about said characters. Great food is a bonus, but certainly not a requirement. I'd love to see Mulan at Akershus!

Mel, I'm heading over to your TR to get caught up as soon as I'm done here!

Thanks for taking so much time to comment on everything. I really appreciate it. :goodvibes

I can't wait to hear all about Claudia's first trip. I hope that January works out, but i know what you mean about not wanting to get your hopes up. Our summer trip is almost certainly a go, but I'm not counting on it until it's booked.

I like Disney Jr! You should try Little Einsteins for Claudia. Lots of classical music. It's not Maddie's fave now, but maybe if we'd started sooner. :lmao:It's a fun breakfast for the Jr. Crowd.

We were so proud of her conquering ToT! She swears that the Yeti is next!

The soft open seems to work pretty well-the stampede was much less dangerous. :rotfl:

I'd like to see Mulan at Akershus too. I'd like some variety in my princess meals (but then we do more than the average park goer I'm sure). I've always liked Mulan's girl power message too. :thumbsup2

Oh, how the honesty of a TR stings:sad1:!
We discovered a love of breakfast and a disappointment in CRT this trip (just wait 'til THAT update in my TR:sad:), and for next year we were discussing a change in Princess meals and of meal time. Now I am greatly reconsidering, at least meal time. See, the thing is that I don't quite enjoy lunch or dinner at Akershus, either, so I'm kind of stuck. And I just don't know if I can bring myself to do CRT next trip. Perhaps salami makes up for it, but who screws up potatoes!?!? Even I don't screw up potatoes, and that's saying a lot:rotfl2:!
Also, that one picture of fingerprints on Maddie's seat kind of creeps me out, since I know there was no one there before you and the chair hadn't been wiped down from the day before. Leave it to me, with my house days past needing a cleaning, to find fault in someone else's cleaning job:lmao:!
(PS--I've never seen Mulan or Mary Poppins there, not in person or in anyone else's pictures. Way to go, Allears.)

OH NO! I don't want to hear about CRT being bad either!

We really didn't think that CRT was worth it for breakfast, but we did enjoy dinner there (and I made that ADR based on your lunch review! :lmao:) Akershus dinner was not good for us, so that's why we settled on breakfast. It's not bad, but it's really not great. The princess interaction is always fun though, and you know that's why we do these meals.

Maybe we have opposite tastes in meals? I know that you love Crystal Palace... I'm interested to hear how you liked H&V.

I've never seen Poppins or Mulan there either. Maybe AllEars is reporting a change that's about to happen. :confused3

Shannon, great update. We did NOT like our lunch at Akerhaus back in 2008 (Mark insisted we go as a celebration of my successful cancer surgery...he thought I should be with the Princesses :lmao::lmao::lmao:). Breakfast doesn't sound too bad, except I don't eat scrambled eggs, but I sure would love that Salami! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

When we were there, Cinderella was not. We had Aurora, Belle (at the entrance), Snow White, Ariel and Jasmine and Aladdin. So they seem to change it around which is good.

And congrats on passing the test and enjoying the new job. :)

Thanks Kathy! What a nice idea for a celebration meal!

We didn't love the food there for dinner. Princesses are always fun though.And so is salami!!

That's a fun line up! I've only ever seen Charming representing the boys at the meals. I think change is good too. I can't wait until they start to integrate Jasmine and Rapunzel more.

I love Maddie's Ariel Dress.

Thank you! It's been a favorite of hers since last years BBB visit!

Well, it sounds like Akershus (did I spell that right?) was sorta kinda a good reservation to have had. You went into the meal with the right frame of mind.....we're there for salami, Princesses, and salami. :rotfl:

That's exactly right! :lmao:

You'll have to keep that in mind for when you have a grandprincess to take! ;)

Sorry breakfast wasn't all that spectacular. I remember doing that one when my daughter was 4 years old, and we pretty much felt the same way--we're glad we did it...once. At least Maddie had a nice time.

It was a nice morning since we met Maddie's favorite people, but the food just wasn't great. Glad that we aren't the only ones who felt that way. Honestly-we'll probably be back though. :lmao: Only so many years to princess gaze.

Sorry the breakfast wasn't wonderful! Especially the potatoes. :crazy2:

Maddie looks so cute in her Ariel dress. And I'm sure she loved meeting the princesses....again. :rotfl:

And no, you're not the worst food photographer. That would be myself....just wait. :lmao:

Thanks Amanda! Luckily the average food was overshadowed by princess friends.

HAHA! I can't wait to see! (or not see ;))

Sorry that Akershush (sp?) didn't live up to expectations. We ate there once, for dinner, back in 2006 or something, and I didn't find it to be all that spectacular either.

I'm glad that the Salami saved the day and that Maddie had fun with the princesses. The pics of her and Ariel are very cute! I'm also sad to hear that the potatoes were a disappointment, it seems like such a simple thing to make!

And wow, in and out in 30 minutes! You guys are buffet pros! I can't wait until Everett gets to the point where he will eat without being constantly prodded and not need to be watched like a hawk. Speaking of which, I need to go intervene with lunch... :rolleyes2

Seems like most people have had the same Akershus opinions. That's too bad.

Salami always saves the day!

We are pros at not lingering. That doesn't mean that DD gets a balanced meal in. We spend most of our real life reminding her to eat and bartering for bites. On vacation we don't fight. :lmao:

Oh man, sorry Akershus wasn't all that great. I'm pretty sure we met the same Cinderella when we went!

I actually think it's a really pretty building on the inside! Our waiter said it was modeled after the real Akershus castle in Norway, but modified. I guess it's not all that castle-like though. :goodvibes

I really should be more worldly Marissa. My DH appreciates the history and detail of these places. I tend to be more imbecilic. :lmao::lmao:

Akershus is always saved by salami.

Thanks for the Review! I finally have a little princess, so I'm assuming we'll be visiting in the future!

Don't let the review keep you going! I think that seeing your little ones meet their heroes is always worth bad food.:goodvibes

Well, as I was reading about Akershus, I realized that we didn't get all the photos in the photo package that you listed. Then, I realized that we had actually walked over to Norway and canceled our reservation, as we were still too stuff from lunch at Le Chefs! No wonder we didn't get the photos! I was amazed my DGD never said a thing about dining with the princesses. Maybe she didn't remember. My DS doesn't like Akershus as we a problems with our reservations both times we ate there which resulted in very long waits. If we go back next year, we'll go there to again, as you said, it has princesses!

Thanks Karen

:rotfl2: That's funny! I hope to try Les Chefs next trip. We'll probably have done Akershus for breakfast that morning, at least I know I won't be too stuffed to enjoy Chefs. :lmao:

Akershus does always seem to have a wait- I wonder what that's about?

Oh yeah, I intend to do princess meals as long as DD wants to.

Such pretty pictures with the princesses! This is one restaurant I will not make it to until I have an all girl's trip!! I will not risk the wrath of Keith!! :rotfl2:

Thanks! I think that's a wise choice. Keith may never trust you again! :lmao: It would be fun for you and Madison to do together though!

Salami Rocks!:thumbsup2 We had very good potatoes there, but the eggs were kinda runny.
Kadence loved it there, I think because they were pretty chatty with her there. It's already is on our list for next year.

Maddie looked thrilled to see Ariel and to be dresses like her must have been cherry on top.

I can't wait to be there! 2 weeks!:banana:

And we had good eggs, but bad potatoes. Can't win 'em all I guess.

Mads loves princesses no matter the location. We'll be back next year too.

I can't wait to hear about your trip!

Great job on the dress, Shannon. And such a pretty model too. :goodvibes

Thanks Kathy! Watch for a shout-out to Mark in the next update-I referenced him while we were on the trip too!

Great job on the dress! :thumbsup2 Maddie is such a beautiful little princess! :goodvibes

Thanks Amanda! She's ready for me to make the 'adventurer dress' now. :sad2:

It's a shame that the food at Akershus is so underwhelming. I'll be enduring it in December with my niece...and will load up on the salami and skip the potatoes!

Maddie's Merida dress is beautiful, and she obviously loves it...she's glowing!

I hope that you enjoy your visit to Akershus. We really always have despite the food. I think that character meals are really about the experience anyway. Be sure to load up on salami!

Thank you! She loves it!

You did beautiful work on the Merida dress! Maddie is adorable in her new dress! All she needs now is the Merida attitude! Maddie is so fortunate to have a mom that is so crafty and willing to let her live her dreams!

Thanks for sharing, Karen

That's so nice of you Karen. Thanks.

I wanted to learn how to sew, so 3 years ago I decided to teach myself my making dress up clothes. And now here we are. :rotfl:

I honestly really enjoy making them for her. I'll be so sad when she doesn't want me to anymore.

Awesome job on the dress!!! Looks great on such a pretty little girl!!

Thank you!

Aw I am so sad that you didn't have a fabulous meal at Akershus! I haven't had breakfast there, but I have had lunch & dinner, and both times we were very impressed.
I had this: Mushroom-stuffed Pasta - with Swiss Chard, Oven-roasted Shiitakes, and Parmesan Cream, and actually think about it from time to time longingly..lol.

We had a friendly & charming Ariel there this year, she kept calling my dd "Little Angel Fish." I really wish there was more consistency, but at least Maddy didn't notice or mind!

Sorry but my dd wants to type for a minute:
qwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwq adisonnnnnnnnbbgw3erhfterbhenrrf

Now that meal sounds great! Maybe I've just ordered the wrong thing?

That's so great that you had a good Ariel. Mads has never noticed an attitude from her, but DH and I have. It's just so different from how she acts in M&Gs :confused3

I may end up buying my daughter as much princess stuff as you buy Maddie, but I will never make her a dress like this. I will never make her a dress at all actually. You got skills! :thumbsup2 (and I don't. None. Zero. :rotfl2:)

Thanks Mel. :lmao:

Yeah, that! :rotfl2:

:rotfl2:

OMG, I love the picture of your daughter in your avatar. She is so cute!! I have the same onesie for my daughter and she was actually wearing it today!!! :goodvibes

Sorry Shan for being :offtopic:

No worries! Some one has to keep my TR going!

I've been gone for a little while, but I wasn't as far behind as I thought I'd be. Great updates. We will be going to Akershus on our next trip and I hope we have a good experience. Maddie is adorable, as always, and you are awesome with your sewing skills!

ronmel - every time I see your avatar out of the corner of my eye I see a scary clown face! I think to myself that it is the strangest choice until I really look at it and see the palm trees and hammock dwellers. Sorry again to be :offtopic:, I just felt compelled to share!

Thank you!!

I thought that about her avatar for a long time too. And that her TR is called Zombie apocalypse made it work!

Sorry to scare you with the what-looks-like a clown face. You're the second person to tell me this, maybe I should have a bigger close-up on Stitch and Angel...

ETA I changed it, is that better? :goodvibes

:thumbsup2

I completely agree with all of your "phrases I never thought I'd say."

I didn't get a good breakfast this morning and now I'm suddenly craving a Krispy Kreme and a Pepsi. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

It is a shame that the potatoes weren't good. I'm kind of curious about how they were because, I don't know how you could mess something like that up. :lmao:

I guess the important part is that Maddie had a good time with the princesses and we all know that's why you booked that meal to begin with. :thumbsup2

I knew I could count on you to have similar feelings about food! Krispy Kremes and Pepsi is one of my favorite breakfasts!

Yup, that's the main goal. We'll keep going as long as she wants to. I can always have salami!

Yay!! Somehow I missed these updates, guess I've been busy not on the dis :confused3

Akershus is....well...very underwhelming, especially for the price. We did breakfast there on our first trip and it's safe to say I won't be back until I have a little princess in tow. I didn't find the food very good, the atmosphere was bleak, but the princesses make that meal a lot better.

I've met that Snow & Ariel, and Snow was amazing, she's great! I usually don't care for meeting her, but I do like that friend. And Ariel I know I've met and she was super good. Maybe it was just a rough day? She doesn't like doing meals? Who knows?:confused3

That dress is gorgeous!! I love the Merida dresses (and wigs ha!) that Disney has. Ugh, I just want to buy ALL the dresses. I was running around Walmart yesterday and saw that they had the pink Cindy dress! ACK! I love that one!

Also, did you know that they have costumes like Briar Rose, Tiana's waitress gown, and others kicking around?!?! I seriously want to see those dresses out in the parks!!

No worries Kat!

OMG the pink Cindy dress!!??!! Maddie would die!!! I am thinking of making that one for her next, but she would adore getting a "real one"

Maddie wants the dark Merida dress next, because until I make it she won't have them all. :rotfl2:

Mads would HAVE TO HAVE all of those dresses! She even wants them all for her Barbies! Maybe I'll go on a 'secondary' dress making spree before our next trip. She'd get such a kick out of it.

We were done with breakfast and back out into Epcot by 8:50 am.

IMG_5165.jpg

The app on my phone called for high crowds at Epcot that day, so as we wandered toward Future world I prepared my group for long waits.

We walked (and danced!) slowly toward the Land for rope drop stopping frequently to get some photos without hundreds of people in the way.

IMG_5172.jpg

IMG_5173.jpg

IMG_5174.jpg

IMG_5175.jpg

IMG_5182.jpg

IMG_5183.jpg

IMG_5187.jpg

By the time we made our way to the pavilion and parked our stroller, it was about 9:10. We hadnt seen much of the forecasted crowd by then, but being the Disney know-it-all that I am I warned Bryan and Maddie that everyone was likely inside the Land with Test Track being down for refurb.

IMG_5189.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

IMG_5194.jpg

We headed straight for Soarin and encountered& a 10 minute standby line. There was no one around! We grabbed some Fast Passes (with a 9:30 return time) and hopped in line. The wait was as long as it took us to make our way through that enormous queue and be separated into our flight groups.

We all enjoyed our flight, and once it was over we found ourselves with a little time to kill before our FP time was up. It was the perfect time to take in Living With the Land for the very first time!

As the only ones in line-we were able to board our boat very quickly and then we were off! It was a great ride for us on that particular morning as we were in a slow moving mood. We enjoyed seeing all of the fruits, vegetables, and whatnot. Maddie considered it a dark ride and was quite pleased with herself for not being scared.

IMG_5201.jpg

IMG_5208.jpg

IMG_5215.jpg

IMG_5217.jpg

IMG_5223.jpg

IMG_5226.jpg

After LwtL we headed straight back to Soarin for another flight over California. As it was our third trip in 12 hours we werent quite as awed by it as wed been the night before, but we had fun.

IMG_5234.jpg

IMG_5235.jpg

By 10 am wed done all we cared to do in that pavilion, and so we found ourselves standing in front of the Land with no particular plans. Maddie was/is still too short for Mission Space, we werent really in a Spaceship Earth kind of mood, we still remembered the ugliness that happened before our last Nemo ride, and Test Track was down. We were at a loss.

Maddie said that she could use a snack, so we stopped at a pretzel cart and grabbed her one along with an orange soda (cause seriously- thats what good parents do. They give their children sugar and salt at 10 am). While she snacked, Bryan and I consulted our Times Guide and planned our afternoon Princess Attack.

On our way back to World Showcase, we popped into Mousegears (wed only been there 3 or 4 times) where we purchased a shot glass for Bryans cousin and I finally settled on a picture frame.

IMG_5240.jpg

IMG_5241.jpg

Back to World Showcase we went. Mulan was scheduled to be out and about at 11, so we headed straight to China. Mulans a punctual gal, and wed hugged and chatted with her and headed on our way by 11:05.

IMG_5244.jpg

IMG_5249.jpg

IMG_5251.jpg

IMG_5257.jpg

We took our time walking along enjoying the slow pace and taking in all of the beautiful topiaries and stopping to make a little music and rest our weary bones.

IMG_5259.jpg

IMG_5262.jpg

Next stop was Germany where we picked up a T-shirt for Uncle Cory and paid homage to Mr. Mark and his funny hat pictures. The Maddie version is tiaras.

IMG_5266.jpg

IMG_5267.jpg

IMG_5268.jpg

IMG_5269.jpg

IMG_5271.jpg

IMG_5274.jpg

IMG_5277.jpg

IMG_5280.jpg

IMG_5282.jpg

Can you believe the crowds we had to contend with?

IMG_5284.jpg

IMG_5285.jpg

We kept wandering in the direction of Italy. It was almost time for lunch!

Our PP CD included lots of Flower and Garden Bonus Pictures, so I thought I'd share them now. Most will be duplicates (though much better quality) of the ones that I have already or will share in future updates, but I hope you enjoy them!

Photo0238FourBySix.jpg

Photo0240FourBySix.jpg

Photo0242FourBySix.jpg

Photo0244FiveBySeven.jpg

Photo0246FourBySix.jpg

Photo0248FourBySix.jpg

Photo0259FourBySix.jpg

Photo0263FourBySix.jpg

We have a lot of fun at the Princess meals, and yes-Maddie was delighted to be twins with Arial. I figure that people want to know the truth about how the meals were, but that won't stop us from going back! Not as long as DD loves those princesses!

I'm all for telling it how it is. Glad you'll be back for the Princesses!!! :cool1:

What a fun next update!! Wonder where the crowds really were? :confused3

I simply do not understand how you handled those crowds! :scared1:

I love it when the parks are like that!! :goodvibes Especially when you are thinking it is going to be crazy! I love Epcot but seriously think if it weren't for World Showcase we would be done with this park in 2-3 hours! With World Showcase (for us) this is a 2-3 day park-not full days but try to hot it often. I think Future World needs some additions desperately!!

I love Maddie's dress!! So precious!!

I love WS when it first opens, its so nice to have that side of the park to yourself. So glad Maddie was able to get her princess on again. It had been what two hours (!!) since she had last hung out with royalty! :rotfl:

The pictures of her twirling through an empty Epcot are priceless, she just looks so cute! :goodvibes

That was really a pretty good morning for what is supposed to be a crowded day at EPCOT! It really does change the way you'd tour that park with Test Track being closed. I hope it doesn't get pushed back any farther and is opened when we're there. :drive:

I have to agree with the decision to get a pretzel and orange soda at 10 am. That's what vacation is all about.:thumbsup2

Don't you just love when there are no crowds around? Love that one picture that looked like EPCOT was empty.

Empty Epcot looks wonderful! I really liked the pics of Maddie dancing toward future world. Ahhh, to be 5....

I love the pictures of Maddie dancing towards Future World! She has such a great spirit! :goodvibes

That's awesome that the crowds weren't there after all! Y'all were off to a great start with the rides!

Love the pictures of Maddie with Mulan. And her tiara pictures!

I seriously would have needed a nap after about 30 minutes of those crowds. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Love the pictures of Maddie dancing, with Mulan and her "resting" on the drums.

And tell Miss Maddie that Mr. Mark said she did very good with her hat demonstration and that she is MUCH prettier than Mr. Mark. :goodvibes

Hi Shannon, I'm back and finally caught up. Very weird now to be commenting with experience behind me instead of asking advice. We did the Akershus Dinner and had a fantastic dinner, I am part Norweigian though so maybe I am just used to the food slightly better. Even DH quite enjoyed it though. As of September 20, the princess were, Cinderella, Snow White, Areil and Aurora (With Bell at the entrance). So Cindy was still there. It was a little disappointing as this was literally the 3rd time we saw her in 4 days. With 11 princesses now in the line up, you would think they could replace her somewhere. Love Mad's dresses. Can't wait to see the Halloween pix. Can't wait to show you the pic of Kailtin in her Snow White Dress with Snow White at Akershus. Definately the best Snow White out there. She was awesome! I'll save the rest for my TR.

Mel, I'm heading over to your TR to get caught up as soon as I'm done here!

Thanks for taking so much time to comment on everything. I really appreciate it. :goodvibes

I can't wait to hear all about Claudia's first trip. I hope that January works out, but i know what you mean about not wanting to get your hopes up. Our summer trip is almost certainly a go, but I'm not counting on it until it's booked.

I like Disney Jr! You should try Little Einsteins for Claudia. Lots of classical music. It's not Maddie's fave now, but maybe if we'd started sooner. :lmao:It's a fun breakfast for the Jr. Crowd.

We were so proud of her conquering ToT! She swears that the Yeti is next!

The soft open seems to work pretty well-the stampede was much less dangerous. :rotfl:

I'd like to see Mulan at Akershus too. I'd like some variety in my princess meals (but then we do more than the average park goer I'm sure). I've always liked Mulan's girl power message too. :thumbsup2

I'm looking forward to reading your comments on my latest updates. :)

You're welcome. I enjoyed reading everything and keeping a Words page opened to jot down my comments.

I'd love to watch Little Einsteins, but I have no idea when it plays. :confused3 That's why we watch the clubhouse the most, it just fits well in our schedule, she winds down in her swing watching it before her first morning nap.

I'd like some variety in the princesses and other character meals as well, but it's true that since we go more often then most people, we notice those things. For them, the "major" ones are available and that's what counts.

That is so awesome that the crowds did not materialize that morning!

I never thought of Living with the Land as a dark ride, but I guess the first part is quite dark. My mind just always "skips" over that part when I recall the ride.

In Disney cupcakes are a perfectly acceptable breakfast, and so is salt and sugar before 10am. :thumbsup2

Well of course Maddie would try on different tiaras. I wouldn't expect anything less from her. ;)

It's already time for lunch? I feel like you just finished breakfast! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter