Which sunscreen is your favorite?

I too get severe prickly heat during my vacations. I just always thought it was from sun exposure. After a week in the sun, I'm a spotted, itchy mess. Do you find the type of sunscreen you use really helps with the prickly heat? Anyone else have this problem and what do you do about it?

ugh- i have the same problem. i have never found anything that helps. let me know if you figure out a way to get rid of it. :(

caitycaity - have you tried Hawaiian Tropic. It's the only kind I've found so far that doesn't contain Benzocaine, which I think causes my rash. It would get so itchy it would keep me awake at night, which didn't make for pleasant vacation days!!! :(

I also suffer from prickily heat and use Piz Buin's sun allergy range. It comes in spf 15 and 8. It works for me, is not to greasy and also waterproof. It has the added bonus of the first time I used it we were in Orlando.. so now when I smell it I think of Florida, which is very pleasant if you are in a typical rainy English summer!!
I also use an antihistamine tablet - as I also suffer from hayfever(piriton, resonably priced, also non-drowsy version) the pharmacist told me if taken approx 3 times a day it would help with the prickily heat as well.
Hope this is of help..

;)

Dumb question...

My family just puts sunscreen on (liberally) once in the morning, and none of us tans or burns. We like the Avon or the Mustella since they the UVB protection also, but they are both "greasy" to me.

Anyway, none of us even tans after being in the Caribbean and So. California sun all day. (no swimming, we do reapply after swimming)

Does this mean that we are protected? Or just lucky?

I tan right away with no sunscreen, so it leads me to believe that the sunscreen lasts all day. Is this possible????

Tink2, I have posted here earlier about a great product called Clinique City Stick. It has been a miracle product for my kids, who burn easily. It is a makeup with sunscreen built in. It is smooth and creamy and does not burn the eyes. It is a swivel-up type stick and you can coat the kids' eye area with the makeup. If you don't rub it in (like you would do if you were using it as a foundation) it offers good sun protection. I make little "racoon masks" around my kids' eyes and reapply as needed. It is fairly swim-proof too!

Hope this helps.

I finally to try the Clinique sunscreen, mostly because of the free gift! I used the oil free spray spf 15 and used the cream spf 30 on the kids. I loved this stuff. It was oil free and fragrance free. It was extremely hot during our stay. I had a little prickly heat on my arms but none on my chest like usual. I don't know if it had anything to do with the sunscreen or if I just got lucky this trip. I did buy small tubes so I will need to buy more sunscreen for the summer. I may give the Mustela brand a try next time.

We are planning our first trip as a family to Disney in August 2003 - so exited (DB's are 18 mos. and 4 years). The DIS really is the best! I feel empowered knowing that I will have packed and planned wisely. As for the sunscreen, I really must reccomend AVON BUGGUARD plus sunscreen. The SPF 30 Cool-n-Fabulous is pediatrician tested, water proof, hypo-alergenic and DEET FREE (the bug repellant is a German made Citronella derivative). This is all my family uses and it really is wonderful. No burns yet for either of my DB's. BugGuard really is the best, no flies, noseeums, ticks or skeeters and SPF 30 - I have never heard of an allergy and I would know. You will need to purchase from a Rep. as BUGUGARD is not found in stores. Can go to www.youravon.com and a rep. will be assigned to you. I happen to be a rep. and have it for 60% off ($5 each, reg. $12 plus shipping). Contact me at www.youravon.com/ablue (password-skincare). Sorry for the shameless self-promotion!
Best Regards,
Amy Blue

I just discovered the Sunblock of a lifetime for me. I HATE HATE HATE the greasy feeling of sunblock. It almost makes me want to not use it. I also hate it when I sweat and it runs into my eyes. On my last trip I discovered "Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock." I used SPF 30, but I think it also comes in 50. It's amazing! It's PABA free, Waterproof and Non-comdeogenic. Best of all, it went right into my skin and NEVER felt greasy or slimey. I am a convert!!!

TJ Munk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter