which hotel/which park?

juliej2001

Earning My Ears
Hi all:
Going to WDW in about 2 weeks for a very quick visit.

Can anyone recommend a hotel near the airport? We'll be arriving at 11:30 p.m. and would like to get something closeby and not waste a night's stay.

Also we'll have only 2 days for Disney, and we're using 1 day of what's left from old passes, but it's not a park hopper. We're not sure what to purchase for the next day. We haven't been to the Animal Kingdom, we love both the Magic Kingdom and Epcot, but MGM and the other minor parks can be dropped.

Can anyone recommend an itinerary, or know what the best value would be? No kids this time, just me and the old man.

We stayed at the Sheraton Suites on Augusta National Drive near the airport. It was very nice.

I had actually reserved and prepaid (thru Travelocity) for a 1-bedroom suite at the Hawthorne Suites up the road from the Sheraton. However, when we arrived, our room had been given away (even with our guaranteed late arrival) and we were sent to the Sheraton instead, at no additional cost. The Sheraton was a step up from the Hawthorne so we didn't complain too much.

Augusta Drive is packed with just about every national hotel chain that you can think of and it's about 4 miles from the airport. It took about 15 minutes for us to get there and that was only because it was dark and we were driving ourselves.

There is also a Hyatt right in the airport itself. Sometimes you luck out and you can get a good rate for it. I booked a room there for the night before this summer's cruise. I managed to get an online special on their website for $86 for the night. I did have to pay in advance for it back in October but it was well worth the savings and convenience. If you qualify for a senior's discount, you can book a room for $99.

As far as which parks to visit, it would depend on what your preferences are. The AK closes earlier than any of the other parks. Since you will not have park hopper passes, I would pass on the AK if you and the "old man" like to sleep in. On the other hand, EPCOT opens later and remains open later. My recommendation would be buy a 1 day/1-park pass and do EPCOT and MK during this visit.

Thanks very much for the advice, Mad.

Actually, we're only in our 30s. We must have some post-1960s hippie blood.

So, no senior discounts for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter