• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

which character meal??

cricket429

Mouseketeer
I am looking for suggestions on which character meal I should reserve for our 5 yr old daughter. We have never been to Disney and she definately loves the princesses.

Thank you

Our DD's are 2 & 5. We alsways do the Princess Storybook Breakfast in Norway each trip. They have Jasmine, Aurora, Belle, Mulan, and Snow White. The food is served family style. When you first get there, you get muffins, danisg, etc. Then it's typical breakfast french toast, eggs and bacon. We have always had a great time.

We did do the Cinderella Castle breakfast once. The food was just okay. It is preplated so you get everything they serve on your own plate. For all of the work to get the PS, it wasn't anything to write home about. Plus, in the last few years, Cinderella has become easier to find in MK. So we eat dinner in the castle each trip so the girls still get the thrill of it, but thay can order what they want of the menu.

A meal much easier to get a PS at is the dinner at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian. Characters are Cinderella & Prince Charming along with the mice and Fairy Godmother.

This meal is a buffet.

We like CP for lunch. It is a nice way to break up your day. And gotta love Pooh & Friends.

Kae

DD (almost 5) and I enjoyed both the PSB and CRT. The food was great at both. PSB was a little more relaxed (and dd was picked as Princess of the Day!) but eating in the castle is sooo special. We're doing both again in January!

:) Michele

We did not have any kids on our last trip but I will say that I thought the garden grille was outstanding as far as the character interaction and individualized attention. We also had breakfast at CRT and I must say I was so disapointed. The food was great, the server was great but we ended up sitting on one of the side of the restuarant that is kind of elevated and I can honestly say not one princess visted our area the entire time we were there! Like I said we didn't have kids with us but I felt so bad for the other little kids in our section. One of the little girls at the table behind us looked like she was going to cry as she was looking at all the other kids who had just walked in interacting with the princesses. Then to top it off someone had a birthday so they all did a happy birthday thing for the child. The little girl behind us said " i wish it were my birthday." :( It was such a sad sight.

All in all the breakfast is good but they need to do a better job with character handling otherwise CRT could possibly be a very sad event.

In February 2004 my family and I had Priority Seating at Chef Mickey's at 11 AM--it was the last breakfast seating available and we treated it like lunch but got the breakfast rate! (They only serve breakfast and dinner, though...) By 11 AM the place was pretty empty and the characters came over to our table 3 or 4 times to interact with our children (5 yo son and 7 yo daughter)--they loved it. It was buffet style and everything was very good and very fresh--nothing had been sitting there very long...

Here is the link to a site that has their breakfast menu...
http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_cmb.htm

We definitely will go back!!!

Hope this helps!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter