which bothers you the most

• screaming kids in the lines at the parks

• screaming kids in the shows at the parks

• screaming kids in the restuarants

• drunks adult at your resort

• drunks adult at the park

• insulting adults at the parks

Results are only viewable after voting.
Here's an example of the insulting adult at the park: (true story)
I was in Epcot, travelling alone, in my mid-20's. I am female. A man, with his friend in about mid - 40's, with young children around, screams at the top of his lungs to me:
"Hey baby! why don't you come over here under the tree - I will make sure that you aren't lonely anymore!"
Um - gross and completely insulting.
Jo

O now that is just awful. Awful in Disney, Awful Anywhere. Awful Awful men in this world! :sad2:

Not leaving someone alone when you are asked too....

any name calling is insulting. - "good looking", "sex-pot", are just as insulting as "fat".

and at WDW as any place - some guys and gals for that matter don't understand "NO" means "NO" - don't kept following me around I am not interested period.....

these were ADULTS - not always somber adults - but adults that should have know better.

One got so back that a security guard asked me if this person was bothering me - when I say yes - he took him away - don't know if they kicked him out of the park - or just feed him some coffee - it didn't matter to me - he was no longer bothering me.

I am not attractive - believe me...

pixiedust -you are a very kind person!!!

but the girls in the south can be absolutely beautiful - and many are....I am not in their league and won't ever be.

Don't sell yourself short Spiceycat - true beauty comes from the inside.... :D

Originally posted by Toad
Don't sell yourself short Spiceycat - true beauty comes from the inside.... :D

Wouldn't it be great if that were true day to day?

(sigh)... future hottie to be.... 18 lbs gone! : )

<B>Spiceycat</B> - You seem to have the same tendency to put down your appearance that I do to put down mine. I am VERY sensitive about it due to having an always "cute" older sister who coughed up the bucks for three or four liposuctions and a complete face lift! But anyway . . .

Regarding the poll - For me it's a tie on all counts! I just can't choose one over the others. When unpleasant things happen, it always seems to be the worst possible thing at the time. The only thing I would add to the list is public diaper changing in my immediate vicinity (in a restaurant, on the monorail seat, on the park bench where I am sitting, etc.) instead of on a changing table in the restroom.

Tough choices! But screaming kids at a show won by a nose!

It's not that the kids are screaming, I mean they ARE just kids. Its that Mom and/or Dad won't take little precious out of the show!

A close second was a screaming kid at a restaurant. The only reason this came in second is that I eat everyday, I don't get to see WDW shows everyday!

I really like children, honest! It's the parents I can't stand! :teeth:

Insulting adults??? I'd like to see examples of that. I think this poll is frought with those with kids......

Yes I have never in all my years at Disney (were talking 18 years) have I ever experienced an insutling adult. But screaming kids are everywhere, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Drunken adults in the parks. They should know better.

I was physically assaulted by a drunk man at PI a few years ago. It was scary. Thankfully I had a friend with me, and we got away from him quickly but not before he grabbed at me. He ran before we could find security.

I voted screaming kids in the restaraunt. Last year my husband and I were at the world for our birthdays (September 23 & 24). We had booked a dinner late in the evening at the Yachtsman steakhouse. Well we were surrounded by tables with kids, not that this is bad. However, the table directly to our left allowed their four year old to run around the table yelling like she was on fire. (This was no precious angel).

I believe their are certain restaurants that very young children should not be allowed in after a certain hour. (There are several restaurants here in Dallas which do this) At WDW this would include places like the California Grille, Narcosses, Citricos, the Yachtsman, etc. We spent close to a $150 that night and while the food was excellent the atmosphere was terrible.

I have learned that in the future I will not ask but demand to be moved when sat next to a table like this (this also applies to sitting next to loud drunk adults that cackle when they laugh and can be heard half way across the room.

Screaming kids will always be present: it appears that some parents think of Disney as a place to let all manners go and to let a free for all take place.
As for screaming kids in the restaurants: I think that some of the more upscale/ and expensive restaurants should have an adults only section, where the constant screaming and running children are prohibited.
What I dislike the most are the drunk adults at the resorts: particularly the ASSports, where they hang over the guardrail on the upper floor and yell down to the people in the pool below. Worse is there attempt at drunken humour, which no sober person undertands or thinks is funny.
A few things that need to be added to the poll list:
1...back packs that are so large that they take up the place of one if not two people in lines and on buses. Once a back pack is so large that it takes a second person to help you get it on and off: it may be time to think that you are taking too much stuff with you.
2...rolling coolers: the paths are blocked now with strollers of all sizes and shapes. Rolling coolers and rolling suitcases have no place in the World: if you need that much material with you leave it in a locker, don't take it everywhere in the parks.
(What happened with the ban that used to be in place for rolling items???)

I have been going to both Disneyland and Disneyworld since the mid 70's and I have seen a steady deterioration of the "family atmosphere".

Drunk adults in parks. My best example is at Epcot during TON in 2000. We were right up front for the parade. It was our first trip. DD was 2 1/2 and in a stroller. As the parade started 2 women with 2 pre teen girls start pushing their way through the crowd behind us. One woman was obviously very intoxicated. When htey got behind us she todl hte girls to stand infront of my DD's stroller because "babies are to young to watch parades". CM's came by and told the girls to move back behind the line. Thsi happened a few times. Each time they would move back ot the women, the drunk one owuld tell them to go back as soon as the CM was gone. Finally the drunk moved our DD and her stroller. DH picked DD up and we put the stroller behind us, between us and the drunk. the 2 girls stood where DD had been in the stroller. DS moved away form them over to the other side of us. Next thing I know the drunk is going through our stroller yelling "what you got in here it sure as hell stinks". I finally turned around and said the only stink is your drunken breath. I don't think she heard me because she just kept going on and on. She pulled at DD's diaper and was just being a loud obnoxious pain in the you know what. It took every bit of strength I had to keep from knocking her on her butt. I just kept telling myself that I spent to much $$ on the trip to spend it in jail for knocking her out. I could tell the girls were embarrased.

Originally posted by sha_lyn
Drunk adults in parks. My best example is at Epcot during TON in 2000. We were right up front for the parade. It was our first trip. DD was 2 1/2 and in a stroller. As the parade started 2 women with 2 pre teen girls start pushing their way through the crowd behind us. One woman was obviously very intoxicated. When htey got behind us she todl hte girls to stand infront of my DD's stroller because "babies are to young to watch parades". CM's came by and told the girls to move back behind the line. Thsi happened a few times. Each time they would move back ot the women, the drunk one owuld tell them to go back as soon as the CM was gone. Finally the drunk moved our DD and her stroller. DH picked DD up and we put the stroller behind us, between us and the drunk. the 2 girls stood where DD had been in the stroller. DS moved away form them over to the other side of us. Next thing I know the drunk is going through our stroller yelling "what you got in here it sure as hell stinks". I finally turned around and said the only stink is your drunken breath. I don't think she heard me because she just kept going on and on. She pulled at DD's diaper and was just being a loud obnoxious pain in the you know what. It took every bit of strength I had to keep from knocking her on her butt. I just kept telling myself that I spent to much $$ on the trip to spend it in jail for knocking her out. I could tell the girls were embarrased.

OMG!!!:earseek: :eek: :earseek: :eek:

Honestly, where do these people come from?

Originally posted by cdntourguide
As for screaming kids in the restaurants: I think that some of the more upscale/ and expensive restaurants should have an adults only section, where the constant screaming and running children are prohibited.

The only problem I see with this is that it penalizes those of us will well-behaved kids because many of the parents will view a designated kids section as a green light to let their children run wild. I have 3 kids who have been dining out since they were born and are extremely well-mannered in all restaurants. I certainly don't want to be banished to the kids section and have to put up with obnoxious behavior from children who are allowed to create havoc. And I can guarantee you that any designated kids section no matter how nice the restaurant would be a zoo.

I've noticed that some restaurants around here do, in fact, seem to have a 'kids section' though it is not advertised as such. They simply try to seat all families with younger children together in a separate part of the restaurant. Whenever they attempt to seat us in what appears to be a rowdy kids section, I insist on another table. They have never refused although it does piss them off. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter