Where?

from the land down under
where the beer does flow
and men chunder
cant ya hear, cant ya hear the thunder
Ya better run
ya better take cover

Gee, and all these years I've been singing "Where women glow and men plunder." I don't know what chundering is, maybe it's more fun than plundering. Every now and the the toilet backs up and I have to use the plunder. That's not too much fun. I'll have to try a chunder instead.

i was buying bread from a man in Brussels. He was six foot four and full of muscles. I said, "do you speak-a my language?" He just smiled and gave me a vegemite® sandwich.

Vegemite Sandwich - Vegemite is a fermented yeast spread that is pretty much a national institution in Australia. Some people love it and can't start the day without a piece of toast spread with Vegemite, and some go so far as to carry a small jar of it with them when they travel overseas. Some are indifferent to it, and others can't stand it. It kind of resembles smooth black tar, and is similar in taste to the English "Marmite," but Aussies will always tell you that Vegemite is far superior.

Vegemite Sandwich - Vegemite is a fermented yeast spread that is pretty much a national institution in Australia. Some people love it and can't start the day without a piece of toast spread with Vegemite, and some go so far as to carry a small jar of it with them when they travel overseas. Some are indifferent to it, and others can't stand it. It kind of resembles smooth black tar, and is similar in taste to the English "Marmite," but Aussies will always tell you that Vegemite is far superior.

sort of like Spam to Minnesotans! :lmao:

..."Where women glow and men plunder." ...

This sounded correct to me as well...so I looked up the lyrics...and were BOTH right....two different choruses in the song:
Traveling in a fried-out combie
On a hippie trail, head full of zombie
I met a strange lady, she made me nervous
She took me in and gave me breakfast
And she said,

"Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover."

Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscles
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich
And he said,

"I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder

Lying in a den in Bombay
With a slack jaw, and not much to say
I said to the man, "Are you trying to tempt me
Because I come from the land of plenty?"
And he said,

"Oh! Do you come from a land down under? (oh yeah yeah)
Where women glow and men plunder?

SO...what the hell does CHUNDER mean...well, ya know wikipedia is very dependable as a source of iron clad correctness....and as I kind of always figured...its Australian slang for barfing!!! Men At Work were a very deep and meaningful band, only writing about the important things in life!!!

Just looked up PLUNDER as well....thats ROBBERY...like pillage and plunder.

vegemite.jpg

Um.....where is this thread heading???? Why?

This sounded correct to me as well...so I looked up the lyrics...and were BOTH right....two different choruses in the song:

SO...what the hell does CHUNDER mean...well, ya know wikipedia is very dependable as a source of iron clad correctness....and as I kind of always figured...its Australian slang for barfing!!! Men At Work were a very deep and meaningful band, only writing about the important things in life!!!

Just looked up PLUNDER as well....thats ROBBERY...like pillage and plunder.

Um.....where is this thread heading???? Why?

There you go, never argue lyrics with a man that plays music for a living. :3dglasses

As far as where, and why? The Shadow knows!

Ya know...I just looked closely at the vegemite label....."CONCENTRATED YEAST EXTRACT"...no wonder they chunder!!!

Well, somebody else has to clean it up, I'm in a hurry. :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter