Where To Live During CP!?!?

You guys are so helpful!!!

So because of my age should I not bother requesting Wellness? Does Wellness housing tend to be more quiet?

You guys are so helpful!!!

So because of my age should I not bother requesting Wellness? Does Wellness housing tend to be more quiet?

not that i have anything against the youngins (i'm 33), but there may be a bit more possibility of drama and times you may be put in a situation where you may have to put down your foot.

I would hope that by 18 or so learning to accept responsibility for one's actions would happen, but it also coincides with the first living experience from home.
Not to say that everyone fits into that, but you increase the chances of it happening.

But even with being over 21 doesn't guarantee quietness...just make sure that when you sit down with the roomies you try to find a common ground. Or at least agree on set quiet hours. Not that your neighbors will fall under it, but then that is the benefit of having security too.

how big is the cs program.....like how many people come with the cs?

Not very large in the grand scheme of things. I was told by a couple people that it's around 100-150 participants. Considering the programs together represent 6,000 cast members, the number of CS participants is not hugely significant. To the best of my knowledge, that number CS participants is not a set quota, but more fluid based on the recruiting numbers of other programs and housing availability.

do they have the roomate notifactation for CS people?

Unfortunately, not yet. Hopefully that's something they'll add in future seasons.

I'm well outside the age range for them as well (I turn 25 in August lol,) but it was recommended I request wellness housing due to asthma and smoke sensitivities. I have my phone interview tomorrow and I just want to be well informed so I can ask the questions I need to, to make sure that IF I do get in I will be healthy while there.

I wouldn't worry too much about wellness vs non-wellness. The only difference is alcohol- absolutely no smoking is allowed in any of the apartments (doing such subjects those responsible to fines and further discipline).

I read that if you are unhappy with your rooming situation you can request to be moved for a fee. Is this true and has anyone ever done it? Is it more trouble then it's worth?

I read that if you are unhappy with your rooming situation you can request to be moved for a fee. Is this true and has anyone ever done it? Is it more trouble then it's worth?

Yes. It is $50 to move.

Let me share my roomate experience.

I was lucky and lived in Chatham and had a 1-bedroom. So I thought, on many levels. One was my roommate was gone most of the time, which is ideal sometimes, but who comes to Disney to spend all their time alone. Sure at times I reached out and hung out from time to time, it was a bonus I had my car then, so there was always someone who wanted to join me on my many adventures. For the most part though, I tend to not be the first to reach out to others socially. So with one roommate and having that kind of personality can work against you.
Plus I have a short term memory from time to time in the kitchen...but work well when there is a timer to remind me. I don't think ours had one...so I forgot. The dangerous thing was I had the kettle boiling water on the stove and left the apartment. Yeah! we were fortunate nothing burned but the plastic piece on the kettle, which btw when burned makes an awful stink! I don't blame my roommate for being a lil scared. A LOT of horrible things could have happened w/ my not being able to pay attention.
Of course I didn't have to pay the $50 fee since it was not something I was requesting. But I would not recommend taking that route because depending on the situation and how it is handled, I could see it being grounds for dismissal.

So housing thought it would be better that I live with more people, simply to cut down the chances of my forgetfulness happening again. It ended up being a good move, going to a 3 bedroom. I was luck to have a great group of girls who I still am in contact with. Plus I see it as more chances to avoid having to deal with one roomate you may not get along. With more people, more chances of at least having one of them to get to know.

Of course I prefer 3 bedroom because at least each room had a bathroom, so only 2 people per bathroom. Plus we all get the same size of fridge...so in a 4 bedroom I can only imagine how packed it gets. Ours was always overflowing.

Not that this would apply to everyone, but if I thought along the lines of getting to know people instead of trying to avoid having to deal with them I may have avoided a few speed bumps.

Just my 2 cents

does anybody know if theyll give me a new id on my 21st bday??? cause i know if ur under it says it on the id. but my bday is less than a month after i get there.

does anybody know if theyll give me a new id on my 21st bday??? cause i know if ur under it says it on the id. but my bday is less than a month after i get there.

Yes. You will be able to get a new ID when you turn 21.

do i have to go somewhere and apply for it?? or will they just give it to me?? thanks for your help!!

do i have to go somewhere and apply for it?? or will they just give it to me?? thanks for your help!!

Just head to your apartment complex's front desk the day you turn 21, and they can get create you a new ID on the spot.

You may need to get another picture done for it (I needed to), but it can be done in the clubhouse.

So from the pictures ive seen of chatham i was confused. It looks like the bedroom is connected to the living room...with no door? Can someone explain the layout to me?

So from the pictures ive seen of chatham i was confused. It looks like the bedroom is connected to the living room...with no door? Can someone explain the layout to me?

This is not going to be perfect, but I've gotten a quick drawing of how a Chatham two bedroom is setup. Not drawn to scale, but the bedroom/bath furthest away from the main door is proportionately larger than the other bedroom. The whole setup is probably about 1200 sq. ft. or so.

chatham-2bd.gif

Sure. As soon as you walk into the apartment there is the kitchen, dining/eating area, and the living room. Each bed/bath has a door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter