Where To Live During CP!?!?

It is optional. Unfortunately I don't really know too much about it, as I have never done it. All I know is that you fill in something, and it pairs you with one other person.

Eh, I might try it if I get accepted. I'm gonna go for a room with the most amount of people (which I believe is 8) so I don't know how useful it'd be for me. I'm a pretty social person but more importantly I want the cheapest rent I can possibly get.

I won't be doing it for this summer. I am going to go with random roomies (like I have always done). I want to get a 3-BR again. It's cheaper then the 1/2 bedrooms, but not as big as a 4-BR.

I won't be doing it for this summer. I am going to go with random roomies (like I have always done). I want to get a 3-BR again. It's cheaper then the 1/2 bedrooms, but not as big as a 4-BR.

With random roommates do you just meet them as everybody's moving into the apartment?

With random roommates do you just meet them as everybody's moving into the apartment?

Yes. You have no idea who you will be rooming with before check-in. I actually met one of my roomies at check-in (though we didn't know it at the time).

I'm super nervous about roommates but I know I probably shouldn't be. I mean if you want to work at disney for a few months, you gotta be pretty quality right? lol The thing I'm wondering about is if our jobs will be like super draining from interacting with people all day long if it would be better to come home to a more quiet place (like Chatham is sounding like) or a more rowdy place (like vista way).

im really nervous about the roomie notification thing too. but i think id rather know the person a little. i def want to live in Chatham. look at the videos on youtube.. they help!!

I'm super nervous about roommates but I know I probably shouldn't be. I mean if you want to work at disney for a few months, you gotta be pretty quality right? lol The thing I'm wondering about is if our jobs will be like super draining from interacting with people all day long if it would be better to come home to a more quiet place (like Chatham is sounding like) or a more rowdy place (like vista way).

It really just depends on all of the factors in terms of quiet vs. rowdy. I think it should be looked at as quiet vs. social... (but don't get me wrong, people say Chatham is social, too.)

What do you want to do after work?
If you are a quieter person who is looking for more of a quiet environment and a few friends to hang out with really low-key, then Chatham is a good place for you.

If you are a more outgoing person who is looking for a social environment and the opportunity to interact with more people in an atmosphere more conducive to interpersonal interaction, then Vista Way is a good place for you.

But no matter where you go, there are chances you won't like it, there are chances you will like it, there are chances it will be quiet, there are chances it will be loud, there are chances your roommate will be great, there are chances your roommate will be horrible. Unfortunately, you really can't determine what your experience will be based on the stereotype of the building. However, you can get as much information as possible (which it seems like you are doing, since you are on these boards) and make the decision that seems best for you.

do careerstart program-ers get the same kind of pick of housing like CPers? or are all careerstart people living together?

do careerstart program-ers get the same kind of pick of housing like CPers? or are all careerstart people living together?

Well, CS people room together. But they live in the same complexes as the CPs.

Oh my gosh.. Chatam all the way.

My apartment in Vista had rats. Yes... Rats. :scared:

Well, CS people room together. But they live in the same complexes as the CPs.

My daughter has a Carreer Start girl in her apt, three international students, and one that just has her stuff there but stays with her boyfriend but I think she is a regular CP.

Liz

They tend to keep CS participants together, if for no other reason than them all having the same check-in day(s). Housing is a mixed environment though, and they can (and do) mix different programs in one apartment.

Which complex has the wellness houses, or do both have a dry house?

I think they all have wellness apartments. Although I do not know for sure if they have them all in the same area or what not, since I am well outside of that age range

I'm well outside the age range for them as well (I turn 25 in August lol,) but it was recommended I request wellness housing due to asthma and smoke sensitivities. I have my phone interview tomorrow and I just want to be well informed so I can ask the questions I need to, to make sure that IF I do get in I will be healthy while there.

I'm well outside the age range for them as well (I turn 25 in August lol,) but it was recommended I request wellness housing due to asthma and smoke sensitivities. I have my phone interview tomorrow and I just want to be well informed so I can ask the questions I need to, to make sure that IF I do get in I will be healthy while there.

wellness apartments only are different by not being able to have alcohol anywhere inside of it. It is not necessarily wellness because of health reasons. And since you only have to be 18 to buy cigarettes anyone on the program can smoke. NOT that they can do it in the apartments. And it does not save you from roomies who choose to smoke outside the door of the apartment or out on the balcony. I would suggest letting roommates know the importance to you in keeping that far away for your health. And hopefully they will be caring enough to respect that.

I personally love smoke free air and although don't have medical reasons backing up that desire, can understand your concerns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter