Where/how do you keep a personal bag safe at Castaway Cay?

I feel better leaving my stuff on a chair on CC than at a rando Shore. The only people on island are employees and one cruise ship. If something was taken, I would think the traceability would be easier. We only take 1 cell and our KTTW, because you need that to get back onto the ship.

What we find interesting is all the seagulls picking thru open beach bags. We watched a seagull empty a beach back to find nothing and move onto the next bag.

Another vote for the KYSS bag! I have 2 different sizes and have used them for multiple cruises over the years. Not only at castaway but also on the pool deck. Love them!

What is your method for keeping a personal belongings bag safe at Castaway while you swim and are away from your beach chair?
I have purchased a waterproof phone case w/lanyard for ID, phone, KTTW card and a small amount of cash that we will probably just keep around our necks, so nothing majorly important will be in our bag (.Just sunscreens, water bottles, books, change of clothes possibly) But, I still wonder how everyone handles this?

:beach:
KTTW card, driver's license, as well as cash can get wet. DH and I just put those things in our swimsuits. I also have a waterproof camera (not a phone) that's always on my wrist. Beyond that, towels, sunscreen, hats, etc just stay in whatever chairs we manage to find.

Never had an issue leaving my phone or anything else in my bag. Not that there is a need to bring a wallet credit card or passport on the island. If you think about all of the guests are well off to be able to afford these trips and have no incentive to risk taking everything. Same with staff at the risk of their jobs. Now on any other beach on a shore excursion different story. That's staying on me at all times

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter