• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where and when to Pin Trade at DLRP?

heathrow42

3 castles down.. 2 to go!
I am leaving in a few days and had a few last questions. Is there a place where folks hang out to pin trade? Do they only pin trade at certain times?

For example @ WDW you can usually find folks trading at Epcot Pin Central, or Downtown Disney Pin Traders (store) ... and then every Friday night there is Pin Trading (hosted by Disney) at the Contemporary Hotel's pin shop. In California, everyday at 1:30, Super Traders come out at Disneyland.

Also, how is the trading there? What/how many pins should I bring..? What characters are popular? Also do the cast members where lanyards to trade with? I am trying to get my pins together and am not sure what and how much to bring!

Thanks so much!
--heather

My DD's and DS only trade with CM's so can't help with organised events. Hopefully someone else will come along who can help.
Enjoy your trip to DLP :)

Reid

Hi,

you will find the traders at the tables near the pinstation at Plaza Square. The trading boards at either at Fantasyland pinstation or at the Emporium around 5pm.

Greets Renate :wizard:

Look next to Dapper Dan's on Main St as well as Disney Studio 1 it also sometime is worth a look in some of the other shops and check the official pin trading website of future releases and dates and locations I only found out about this after our June trip to Orlando after trying to find 'Happiest Celebration on Earth pin number 1(Tinkerbell).Never did find it anywhere in the park only on the web site .I'm sure someone has the full web address just can not think of it at the moment.Be sure to check the pin mag too ! :wave2: Wifey

Pin Trading in Paris was an experience in itself. First off I found very few of the traders spoke English. They just pointed and grunted or I found a girl to translate for me and it helped me to make a few trades. I mostly traded WDW rack pins for DLP rack pins so I didn't have to spend the money to buy them. I did most of my trading at Plaza Square which is at the end of Main St on the right. Also as someone else mentioned they have a Pin board they take out in the afternoons at the Emporium. Be aware that once they find out an American is in the park they put out an APB and you will be aproached everywhere by traders looking to trade. The most popular character I found was Pooh. I traded a bunch of those crappy jeweled Pooh's that were $.59 at the Disney store for retired DLP rack pins. They were crazy for Pooh. Please post your experience when you come home. I'm always curious to hear.

As far as pin trading nights, I know they have them but I don't know if it is a regularly scheduled thing or not. I read a thread a while back (it may have been on Dizpins) that at Paris PTN they released a LE 250. People lined up and bought the pin and left. No one hung around to trade, they got their pin and bolted. If you are used to WDW pin trading you may be disapointed.

Yepp I agree with miachel632.
I always feel that there are a lot of sharks there. PTN are usually every 3. or 4. Friday in the month, but in August there will be a Pinday at the 27th.

Oooh, this is the thread for me -- DS9 and I are almost as excited about pin-trading as we are the rides!

My French is awful, but I've had my dictionary out and seem to have cobbled together a few key phrases. I figure we'll just be trading with CMs, most of whom speak English I'm told, but it can't hurt to use some French if we can. Maybe somebody whose French is better than mine can tell me if I've got it right? (I'm leaving out the accents because I'm not sure how to use the special characters here.)

Bonjour mademoiselle/madam/monsieur, pardonnez-moi, est-ce que je peux regarder vos pins?

Est-ce que je peux echanger cette pin (pointing at my pin) pour cetta pin la (pointing at their pin)?

I seem to recall it might be rude to point . . . suggestions?

My boys 11 and 6 didn't have any problems trading with the CM's in English, many of them asked the boys if they wanted to trade. I seem to remember reading somewhere that CM's wearing "Green" (I think, perhaps somebody else can confirm that) lanyards only trade with children and early in the day is the best time when they're issued with new pins. :flower:

jillrobinson said:
My boys 11 and 6 didn't have any problems trading with the CM's in English, many of them asked the boys if they wanted to trade. I seem to remember reading somewhere that CM's wearing "Green" (I think, perhaps somebody else can confirm that) lanyards only trade with children and early in the day is the best time when they're issued with new pins. :flower:
Both of these are the case at DL and WDW; my hunch is they'd be true at DLRP too.

No the green colour of the lanyard dont mean anything at DLRP. I noticed them at my last trip and asked the CM and he did not know anything about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter