When is your next vacation

My wife has some meetings she has to go to in Orlando in mid-Nov, so we might make a late anniversary trip out of it and do a long weekend in Orlando.

No vacation for me until WDW in 2021 for the 50th. We would usually be going this year because we go on the odd numbered years, but we want to wait until a good chunk of the construction is finished there and some of the hype around the new stuff dies down. I'll probably spend a few days in Wildwood, NJ next summer, but for some reason I don't count it as a 'proper' vacation because I spent all of my childhood summers there and it's still the same.

Wildwood is still the same as when you were a child?

I'm not sure. We are lucky to take a week long vacation once a year (that just became financially feasible in 2015). I've been also trying to work in a more local weekend as well, but that's it. I'm hoping for Orlando (Universal) in February, but we are looking at health challenges for my in-laws (DH and I are only children) which may not allow us to travel at that time.
If not, maybe we can take a short trip in February (our anniversary is in Feb) and postpone Universal until April/Spring Break (our APs will still be good although I will have to upgrade some around blackout date)

Not sure yet where or win but sometime next year to somewhere.
:). Told my DS's (26 and 19) and oldest ones fiancé (just fount this out yesterday) this year instead of presents for Christmas we wanted to give them a family trip. Wife and I will pick 3 or 4 places and then let them pick which one and what time frame since our schedules are more flexible then theirs. I am turning 60 in December so wanted to do this one last trip where dad pays.

Wildwood is still the same as when you were a child?

Well...the things we do are the same. Beach, boardwalk, pool, repeat. The only difference I can see is condos everywhere now. And of course now that my grandparents are gone we stay in a motel. It just gets boring, because things are either geared towards kids (which I don't have), or adults in bars (and I don't drink much, so loud drunks annoy me).

Disney World in 12 days!

After that somewhere undecided in Europe next spring. Portugal? Scotland? Belgium? Brexit is making me a bit nervous about picking anywhere in the UK, so I want to see how that goes before we make a final choice.

Not sure yet - we just got back from WDW on Sept 1, and probably won't go back there until 2021 at the earliest.

If we can get our passports in order, we may try and visit my dad next year - he retired and bought a bed & breakfast on the western coast of Mexico 2 years ago, and we haven't been to his new place yet!

We're also looking at an adults-only vacation with a couple that we're friends with, probably a 4 day weekend in New Orleans next fall.

A lot will depend on what happens with hubby's job in the next 6 months, if things go well we may have the resources to do a lot more than we have been able to in the past. Fingers crossed!

A couple ideas I had were Boston or Chicago, right now I’m learning towards doing 4-5 days in Chicago followed by 4-5 in the Wisconsin dells. Maybe spend a day or two checking out other cities in Wisconsin, still in the very early stages of planning.

If you need any advice about Wis Dells, lmk! We go there often (in fact, we were just there Labor Day weekend and will be going again this weekend, lol). There are plenty of ways to do the Dells affordably. 4-5 days in Chicago, that’s a different story... 🤑

I have a few smaller trips coming up. Wisconsin Dells this weekend, Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg in Oct, and Branson in Nov. I’m working on next year’s plans but it is hard! There are too many places I want to go and not enough time. On my short list are Charleston/St Augustine (road trip New Orleans/gulf coast (road trip), San Antonio and/or Vegas. I would also like to take an east coast road trip. We are trying to visit all 50 states (or at least the lower 48+DC), and still have a few to check off our list. Im thinking about skipping WDW next year to focus on other places, but it’s hard...

Well, I am on vacation in WDW right now (rn) AND I am a registered Nurse! Lol...I thought that was hysterical.😊
Next vacation is to Santa Barbara, CA for Thanksgiving;
then a 2 week Holidays cruise (Christmas & NY).
That rounds out this year.....there a couple of things planned for next year too.
I love that people are out there going on a variety of vacations......love this thread idea! ☺

If you need any advice about Wis Dells, lmk! We go there often (in fact, we were just there Labor Day weekend and will be going again this weekend, lol). There are plenty of ways to do the Dells affordably. 4-5 days in Chicago, that’s a different story... 🤑
We would definitely be booking some kind of condo, thinking of wilderness resort. I know in Chicago accommodations will be expensive and we will definitely be looking for somewhat less expensive accommodations in the dells. Definitely a 2-3 bedroom.

Orlando - Universal and Disney Sept 26-Oct 6. North Florida - Family Thanksgiving, Panama Canal cruise in Jan and maybe Bermude cruise in May :)

Leaving September 26th for our annual beach vacation with my mom. Later than usual this year because of what we are calling “surgery summer” (2 for me, 1 for DD and 1 for mom). After all that we definitely need a break and chance to relax. Still nice beach weather in Southern California and much cheaper prices for house rentals so that is a nice bonus. Also planning a road trip to the Grand Canyon, Sedona and Phoenix with DD in April 2020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter