what's the worst thing you've eaten at wdw?

A couple a years ago we had lunch at the Hollywood and vine - that was horrible

I have also had 2 bad meals at Le Cellier- we wil never go back

Also, I dont get people's obsession with the Premium Mickey bars :confused:

I see this old thread was resurrected:goodvibes

Next week we're giving The Brown Derby another chance. We had a dreadful meal there 2 years ago (bad steak/bad service:headache:) but I figure one bad experience may have been an fluke:confused3. We'll see!

Ironically, my WORST has also been one of my BEST ! And that (they both) would be a Turkey Leg from the "Turkey Leg Cart". If you ever want to feel like a "cave-man" (or cave-lady !) and are up for a truly unique experience, you've gotta' try it. I've actually had three or four of them, and - overall - other then the shear amount, they really are quite tasty.
However, the second one I had was just horrid ! Besides tasting like a used sneaker, it was almost completely raw. Yuck ! It smelled over-seasoned, and burnt... and after one bite, I took it back to the cart, and they immediately replaced it and apologized... over, and over, and over again ! But as I've noted, it sure didn't stop me from going back again. They really are that good !

DISCLAIMER: I have an allergy to black pepper and so all my stuff at WDW is specially cooked.

That being said, some of the chefs think no black pepper equals no flave at all.

THAT being said, the worst food I ever ate in WDW was at Chef Mickey's for dinner. The chef prepared some plain chicken mess that I wouldn't even feed a dog. The items I could have on the bar were terrible as well. Most of it reminded me of cardboard.

My DS, who's a garbage disposal, didn't even want to eat the food there either. It was the first place on property he left food on his plate.

I cant remember if I have already replied to this thread-but this like a train wreck- I dont want to read these, but I just can't look away:lmao:

Food poisoning:sick:- For those of us that have had it, we never forget how awful it is:scared1: I can only imagine having it on vacation. I was at least lucky to get it after eating at a restaurant in my home town. It's the worst and for me, lasted about 3 days. I can still remember driving by myself and throwing up into my husbands baseball game giant foam finger:rotfl:

Some of these posts are pretty scary and just reading some of these are making want to gag,lol.

My contribution for the thread would be the "Crap on a plate" that we got from the Cantina in the Mexico pavillion-I think it was supposed to be beef nachos.

Bon Appetite everyone :eek:

Well, I ate some awful grasshoppers from the lawn between The Beach Club and Epcot, but they were raw. It was just a little worse than anything at Kona.:rotfl:

Chicago style dog at Casey's Corner. - Stale bread, too many toppings, everything just disintegrated, it was really late at night, so to be fair, it might have just been an off time/day.
The Beer/Cheese Fondue at Territory Lounge. - Hands down one of the worst things I've eaten at Disney, I was like a deer in headlights when I tasted it. So odd and pungent tasting....
Cinnamon bun at bakery at Coronado Springs. - So stale, no flavor at all. Best cinnamon buns I've had were from Main Street Bakery at MK.

The worst thing I ever ate at WDW was the frosting on a cupcake at Baby Cakes in Downtown Disney.

I have been eating organic foods since 1999 and I've tried (and I'm used to) vegan foods, raw foods, etc.. I actually make a wonderful vegan chocolate cake and peanut butter frosting.

The frosting on the cupcake was disgusting :sick:. It tasted like coconut flavored lard. Like they took a bowl of vegetable shortening and added coconut extract and sugar to it. I will never, ever forget eating that bite, it was an awful taste experience.

Kouzzina-I sent the raw lamb dish back :sick: I never do that, but it was disgustingly inedible!

Hollywood & Vine-one of the grossest meals we've ever had (anywhere.)

Garden Grill-Most everything was deep fried & nasty.

ABC Comm-And how is this place still open? Because ABC is in the name??

Flame Tree-Beans are NEVER done! They obviously don't soak them NEAR long enough. Ribs over done.

O'hana's dinner-This used to be our #2 MUST-do. Nope. Not anymore. Yuck!

Kouzzina-I sent the raw lamb dish back :sick: I never do that, but it was disgustingly inedible!

Hollywood & Vine-one of the grossest meals we've ever had (anywhere.)

Garden Grill-Most everything was deep fried & nasty.

ABC Comm-And how is this place still open? Because ABC is in the name??

Flame Tree-Beans are NEVER done! They obviously don't soak them NEAR long enough. Ribs over done.

O'hana's dinner-This used to be our #2 MUST-do. Nope. Not anymore. Yuck!
O'hana's really sucks! You should try 'Ohana though, it's fantastic!:rotfl:

There's not much we don't like but I have to say the grapefruit cake at Brown Derby was not good...:sick:

The worst thing I ever ate at WDW was the frosting on a cupcake at Baby Cakes in Downtown Disney.

I have been eating organic foods since 1999 and I've tried (and I'm used to) vegan foods, raw foods, etc.. I actually make a wonderful vegan chocolate cake and peanut butter frosting.

The frosting on the cupcake was disgusting :sick:. It tasted like coconut flavored lard. Like they took a bowl of vegetable shortening and added coconut extract and sugar to it. I will never, ever forget eating that bite, it was an awful taste experience.

After having eaten pretty much all of their cupcakes (we have 2 stores here in LA) I agree with you....to a point. I personally think it depends on the flavor of frosting. There are some that are much better than others. I also just take off half the frosting before i eat the cupcake....I don't like regular frosting to begin with and I find their frosting way too sweet. Oh...and all their frostings have coconut oil and coconut milk in them so they all taste kind of coconutty

However, the frosting is the ONLY thing that I have not liked at babycakes...otherwise everything else is:cloud9:

The worst thing I ever ate at Disney was at the Hawaii kiosk at the Food & Wine fest last year - Tuna Poke. It was huge chunks of raw tuna with a seaweed salad and Lotus Root chips. I couldn't even finish the first chunk.

Just remembered....the Berry Cream Puff from Norway! Looked so good, but the cream inside was just like eating unflavored lard. It was so bad I don't think I'd even try it again to see if it was a mistake. They ran out of School Breads and Strawberry Rice Cream that night. :(

The only less-than-great thing I've deliberately eaten at WDW was a sort of dry cupcake from the food court at Port Orleans French Quarter. Everything else has always been tasty.

The worst thing I've accidentally ingested was when I didn't shut my mouth in time going over the drop in PotC and got a mouthful of pirate water.

I am very easy to please, so although some meals at Disney have not been exactly stellar, I would never consider calling them out here.

That said, the reuben sandwich that I ordered at Sci-Fi last October was HORRIBLE! :sad2:
Rye bread was so dried out, I could barely bite through it.
Corned Beef was also dried out, like it had been reheated again and again and again.

Thank goodness for the cucumber salad:rotfl:

I can easily say my worst meal ever at WDW was at Tonys Town Sq...omg it was awful. The pasta was mushy (us Italians know good pasta should be al dente!!) and the sauce tasted like ketchup from a can. Maybe I am picky because Ive grown up with incredible Italian chef influences in my family, but I know good pasta and sauce and THIS was not it. I have never gone back since!

Pizza from Pizza Planet. It was doughy and all I could taste were the cornmeal pieces on the bottom of the crust. The accompanying salad was also browning. Pair that with the bird flying around, pecking at everything. We've never gone back.

A close second was the three queso dips from Paradiso 37. All were served cold and lacking flavor. (The rest of the meal was good though.)

The worst thing I ever had at Disney was chicken....raw and way undercooked. Both times we were in DHS, once at Brown Derby about 6 years ago and the second time at Fairfax Fare this past December.

Both times I had a terrible time convincing the servers that chicken should not be served red bloody raw, not pink but bloody! :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter