what's the worst thing you've eaten at wdw?

Last week we had some of the worst WDW food I've ever had!

The quick serve scrambled eggs at the Gasparilla Grill were inedible.

They were precooked (as expected), and left in a warming pan. I like my eggs 'well done' - like you'd say for steak. (Some parts of the USA use the the term 'dry' when it comes to scrambled eggs.) My sister asked for eggs 'well done' (i.e cooked until dry) and the lady was kind of funny. In a heavy Southern accent she said, "Honey, these eggs ARE well done!" (as in cooked well - I think. I don't think she understood 'well done' the way my sister intended...;) )

The eggs which had been sitting on the bottom of the pan were gummy. Not well done as in grilled, but more undercooked eggs that sat on heat too long. The eggs from the middle of the pan were undercooked. But the truly bad part was that they were (likely) powered eggs that had been VERY heavily oversalted and over-peppered. It was like eating a gummy salt lick!

The bacon was not much better. I think it ws gooked in a fryer- the meat was chewy, and the fat was raw-ish. Eww!

The only redeeming part was the Mickey waffles, and the sausage patty wasn't too bad. I'm not a huge fan of sausage, but the patty wasn't bad.

None of us could eat the eggs or bacon much.

Honestly, the worst thing we have had is the pulled pork sandwiches at Flame Tree BBQ in Ak. We were so excited to try these because everyone raved about how good they are. I don't know if we caught them on a bad day or what, but husband took two bites of his and couldn't stomach anymore; he had to walk away because he was so close to bringing it back up. I got a few more bites down, but it was just not good at all. We were so disappointed and had a hard time eating the rest of the day.

Probably the worst imo is the nasty passion fruit sauce they put on a lot of the desserts at the wave. It looks like snot.... and tastes like rotten apples. Yuck.

I AGREE!!! OMG it was THE worst thing I ever had in my life!!! And I LOVE desserts...what a disappointment!!! My DH could not stop laughing at the look on my face! I had almost forgotten it til I read OP...must have been trying to supress that memory!!!:laughing:

O Hana dinner. All of it. My DH and I both thought it was disgusting and felt ill the next day. Not food poisoning ill, just nasty, fatty, gross meat ill.

I thoroughly agree!! Went in aug2010 after trying with no luck to get an ADR there on our previous trip. Disgusting meat- very fatty!!

What's the worst thing you've eaten at wdw?

The tough, fatty, gristle laden steak at Le Cellier.

AK's Key Lime Pie. I am a huge key lime pie lover, but WDW's is nasty. It tastes....ah.... sticky - too tart.

We've only had one bad meal in all of the years we've been going to Disney and that was dinner at Crystal Palace. We weren't over the top impressed with the buffet as it was just ok, but once my DH cut into his salmon and it was RAW, that was it for us. That was our first time eating there (2004) and we haven't been back since.

I guess I've been lucky, I can't remember anything that was particularly bad. But then again I've never eaten at a lot of the places mentioned ... San Ángel Inn, ABC Commissary, Yakitori House, 1900 Park Fare. And I thought the POFQ food court left a lot to be desired, but the quality of the food we got was always excellent (from our limited choices, no substitutions allowed, if you're vegetarian too bad, with breakfast you get bacon or nothing).

The one thing I would definitely not get again is a frozen raspberry lemonade from the cart outside The Land. I thought it would taste like the Minute-Maid frozen raspberry lemonade you can get in some places, but instead if was an icee like you'd get at 7-11.

We wouldn't go back to Sci-Fi for the food (although we would for the experience), but the food was perfectly fine, just not outstanding ... reasonable quality but boring. We had excellent food at Kouzzina.

has to be sci-fi. I ordered the ouion rigns GREASEY and my chicken ceaser sald way too much dressing. Lighing in there is very dim to the point of having to read your menu by small flash light. The theming is great but realy needs an update and better food choices. by the way i couldn't finshe my meal. I was using the dining plan:sad2::mad:

The burgers at the CS locations are, hands down, the worst burgers anywhere! You would think they'd at least make them better than McDonalds', especially since most other things seem to be pretty good. But I'd rather eat McDonalds than a Disney CS burger.

Other than the burgers, I've had two meals that stood out as being pretty bad.

The first was some kind of grilled chicken sandwich from Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. It just didn't taste that good and it was slimy. Even the awesome shakes aren't enough to bring me back to Sci-Fi after that.

The second was at San Angel Inn Restaurante in the Mexico pavilion. I had some dish with beef, don't remember what it was called. The beef was dry, tough, and bland. Everyone else in my group didn't like their meal there, either. Nice atmosphere, terrible food.

My boyfriend told me he once ate at a Disney sit-down restaurant and it was so terrible he'd never eat at another sit-down place there again. What restaurant was it? San Angel Inn. I'm going to introduce him to some of the good restaurants there next time we go.

I am NOT a picky eater at all. There have been things I did not care for but downright gross were ABC Commissary and taco salad at Pecos Bills and Pirate and Parrot. I could not eat them. The ground beef was like greasy sawdust.

Honestly, the worst thing we have had is the pulled pork sandwiches at Flame Tree BBQ in Ak. We were so excited to try these because everyone raved about how good they are. I don't know if we caught them on a bad day or what, but husband took two bites of his and couldn't stomach anymore; he had to walk away because he was so close to bringing it back up. I got a few more bites down, but it was just not good at all. We were so disappointed and had a hard time eating the rest of the day.

I am not a HUGE BBQ fan and I only ate there once. While I did not find it gross, I did not finish my very overpriced, dry sandwich.

I think the worst food I've ever had at WDW is several different versions of scrambled eggs:sick: I am a big fan of scrambled eggs and I can even tolerate the likely fake ones at McDonalds, Burger King, and Dunkin Donuts, but most WDW ones were disgusting! Tried CS at Poly, WL, and MK. Tried TS at WCC skillet and CRT and they all tasted like cardboard.

The only ones we found to be edible were the ones at Pop Century food court-those tasted like real eggs.

The hot dogs at every CS place are really nasty as well. I recently found out tha Universal Studios has Nathan's hot dogs. I wish WDW had a good hot dog brand sponsor as well instead of the garbage ones they serve.

The burgers at the CS locations are, hands down, the worst burgers anywhere! You would think they'd at least make them better than McDonalds', especially since most other things seem to be pretty good. But I'd rather eat McDonalds than a Disney CS burger.

Other than the burgers, I've had two meals that stood out as being pretty bad.

The first was some kind of grilled chicken sandwich from Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. It just didn't taste that good and it was slimy. Even the awesome shakes aren't enough to bring me back to Sci-Fi after that.

The second was at San Angel Inn Restaurante in the Mexico pavilion. I had some dish with beef, don't remember what it was called. The beef was dry, tough, and bland. Everyone else in my group didn't like their meal there, either. Nice atmosphere, terrible food.

My boyfriend told me he once ate at a Disney sit-down restaurant and it was so terrible he'd never eat at another sit-down place there again. What restaurant was it? San Angel Inn. I'm going to introduce him to some of the good restaurants there next time we go.

Totally agree about the CS burgers~and I'm not real picky about burgers!! People kept telling me to try the burger @ Pecos Bills!!! :sick: Bleh!! Never again!!

The Angus Burger at Pop Century, the pizza at Pinocchio Village Haus in MK, and the tacos at the Mexican pavillion in Epcot, in that order. I threw out over half of my hamburger because I just couldn't eat anymore. The pizza at PVH was greasy and tasteless, and I believe the Mexican pavillion's food made me ill to my stomach that night.

Last October I went back to Yachtsman to see if they had gotten any better. Answer was no; one of the worst steaks I have eaten in a long time. Little flavor and a lot of fat. It changed our idea of eating full time at Disney. During our upcoming visit we will be dining outside of Disney. Shame that Disney has downgrade the quality of their meals.

AK's Key Lime Pie. I am a huge key lime pie lover, but WDW's is nasty. It tastes....ah.... sticky - too tart.

I am trying to think about where in the Animal Kingdom theme park you are getting key lime pie. Is it those cheap little pudding parfaits with key lime flavor they serve at the quick service locations?

If you love key lime pie, you should check out the version at Olivia's or there is a key lime tart at the GFC.

Ribs from flame tree BBQ, eww! I was so disappointed as I had heard so many good things about that place. I couldnt even eat them they were so rock hard, it was like it was just sauce on a bone. :(

a chicken dish I had recently at california grill(but it was probably fine because it tasted like fried chicken and I hate fried chicken)

the tap water:crazy2:

The Sci-Fi Diner the food, movie and atmosphere was boring and bland to me:bored:

And by far the worst (drumroll please:rockband:) the beef tips I had last week at akershus. the beef was really rough and I had to swallow a piece whole cause I couldn't swallow it. Plus I found a bone in it which is a dealbreaker for me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter