Whats the one show/attraction you have never done and why?

Never been to Tom Sawyers Island.....seems like a total snooze

Actually there are a couple of things that are pretty cool. There’s a barrel bridge to cross that’s fun and the caves and secret passages are cute. If you read Tom Sawyer as a kid it’s cute to see the references.

I may have you confused with someone else but I thought you’ve posted that you pack meals. If so there is a space there for a seasonal restaurant overlooking the water that is really peaceful. I was sad it wasn’t open to sit and have a snack (drink would be better, but ... MK). I think there were a couple of tables and chairs out but I can’t swear to it (I don’t have the greatest memory). If I were packing a lunch that’s where I would want to go to eat.

I definitely think it’s worth going once even if you don’t have kids in the target age. Caveat this all with the fact that we go in May so it’s not super hot. It’s probably not so pleasant in August.

There is a lot still undone at WDW for me, and some of it will probably remain undone, though I hope to have enough future trips that I'll do almost everything.

One thing I never got to do was the Great Movie Ride at HS. Tried once 17 years ago and it had closed just as we walked up. Tried again in 2016 and they had just closed to prepare for Symphony in the Stars. And it was already closed for good by the time we got back there this past December. And I really wanted to ride it too. Oh, well.

Anything that is a "spin and puke" (teacups, Primeval Whirl) is a big NO. And I'm a little sensitive to the simulation rides (Star Tours made me sick) so I'm hesitant about FOP and even Soarin', even though I know both are cool experiences and I want to try them. I just don't want to spend part of my expensive vacation throwing up if it can be helped.

I don't see myself doing Enchanted Tales with Belle either. Seems like it's geared more towards young kids (says the woman who will ride Pooh every trip).

Full disclosure: we've only been once but we did pretty much everything--except Splash Mountain. It was in refurb the first few days and we planned to rope drop it the first day it was open that we were in MK. It didn't open with the park--a couple hours later when it did open it opened to an hour wait. Later that night we almost went on it but it was just cold enough that we decided we didn't want to get wet. I'm hoping for next time--or maybe the time after that (the next time will be the Christmas Party in December and unless it's just weirdly warm I'm pretty sure we'll have a similar "do we really want to be wet for the Christmas Party?" discussion.

On a side note we did go see Enchanted Tales with Belle. I had my doubts about this one as well, being two childless men in our forties, but we thought it was adorable--seriously we really enjoyed it.

Of those open when I have been there (not counting any that opened since my last visit because obviously I haven’t done those), Tom Sawyer Island. Why? Because when I was a kid my dad said it cost extra to go out there. And I guess it is still in my head that it does even though I know it doesn’t.

I think just the Playhouse Disney show and Triceratops Spin (I've been on Dumbo and the Aladdin flying carpets, I don't need to ride another spinner).

I've done Enchanted Tales With Belle a few times just to go through the magic mirror. The show is cute enough, but walking through the mirror is magical.

Primeval Whirl is about the only one I haven’t done. I love thrill rides other than the wild mouse type style. From reviews I’ve read it doesn’t seem like I’ve missed much.....

I'm a huge wuss when it comes to drops, so that should explain some of this list.

Magic Kingdom:
- Splash Mountain
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (Pooh-Sized Problems)

EPCOT:
- Mission SPACE Orange Side
- Impressions de France (will probably go this trip)
- Reflections of China (will probably go this trip)

Disney's Hollywood Studios:
- Tower of Terror
- Disney Junior
- Star Wars fireworks (sorry, I love Fantasmic! too much to give it up)

Animal Kingdom:
- Flight of Passage (haven't been since it opened, plus Pooh-Sized Problems)
- Na'vi River Journey (haven't been since it opened)
- Primeval Whirl
- Finding Nemo the Musical
- Kali River Rapids
- Expedition Everest (which looks amazing theming-wise, I just HATE DROPS)

Actually there are a couple of things that are pretty cool. There’s a barrel bridge to cross that’s fun and the caves and secret passages are cute. If you read Tom Sawyer as a kid it’s cute to see the references.

I may have you confused with someone else but I thought you’ve posted that you pack meals. If so there is a space there for a seasonal restaurant overlooking the water that is really peaceful. I was sad it wasn’t open to sit and have a snack (drink would be better, but ... MK). I think there were a couple of tables and chairs out but I can’t swear to it (I don’t have the greatest memory). If I were packing a lunch that’s where I would want to go to eat.

I definitely think it’s worth going once even if you don’t have kids in the target age. Caveat this all with the fact that we go in May so it’s not super hot. It’s probably not so pleasant in August.

Yep, we do pack all of our food. We don't want to take the time to trek all the way over to Tom Sawyers and back just to eat lunch, so that's why we never bother for that. Our kids have gone there with the babysitter, but DW and I haven't.

Liberty Tree River Boat...like taking the ferry to nowhere.
Speedway...like driving a miniature car to nowhere.
People mover...like taking the tram to nowhere.

Hmmmm, there are a number of them we haven't done. MK - Enchanted Tales like you but we haven't done it because my son is 37 and that would be a little creepy. We have never done the big eye in the sky thing in Tomorrowland (can't think of the name) or the laugh floor. Never done Barnstormer or the Teacups (that would make me sick cause when he was young my son would have loved spinning as fast as he could).

Epcot - Mission Space, my son is claustrophobic and has PTSD and those kind of rides make us both sick (we did do Body Wars once when it was around).

AK - Can't think of anything we haven't done at least once, the water ride was a one and done for us because I don't like walking around wet.

HS - My son hasn't done the Frozen show but I did do it just to say I had (I dislike the movie). We haven't done the Muppets show. We've only done Star Tours maybe two times, once when it first came out and once last year after riding FOP and deciding it wasn't horrible so maybe we could handle it. We remembered why we didn't ride it and won't do it again. We haven't done the Little Mermaid show, I never saw the movie and again 37 year old man and old woman.

There are rides we don't ride any more because my son has permanent nerve damage in his spine and can't - RNRC, Space Mountain (I ride it when he isn't with me) Dinosaur (I ride it when he isn't with me) Splash Mountain (we will ride it if it's raining but I don't like walking around wet). I don't ride FOP unless he is with me, I get a little whoozy and the glasses fall off my face ( I did learn to wear an old fashioned cloth headband and tuck them under that last time, looks weird but works and I just wrap it around my wrist the rest of the day). We can only ride EE once during a trip because it hurts him but he likes the ride.

Hmm...we have some at each park I think.

MK: Hall of Presidents. It just always seems there are better ways to spend our time.
Epcot: The film in China. Just no desire to see it, and most in other world showcase countries that have them.
HS: Lights, Motors, Action - we've wanted to see this, but it just has never fit into the schedule.
AK: This one pains me - the Nemo stage show. I really want to see it, but can never convince my now soon to be 13-year-old son - my travel companion - to do it.

Not really lack of interest, just low on the interest scale and just run out of time or waits too long and end up doing something else.

This is my list .. my wife and kid's list is MUCH longer :)
DHS:
Beauty and the Beast

MK:
Astro Orbiter (maybe I went as a kid .. can't remember)

Epcot:
FEA

AK:
Triceratops spin.

MK: Stitch's Great Escape, my parents did it when it was Alien Encounter and are scarred - passed that down to me
Epcot: The film in China...until I joined DISBoards I didn't even know it existed! :rotfl2:

HS: Frozen sing-a-long; I loved Frozen, I think my fiance is too afraid to hear me belting songs for 30 min straight

AK: Kali River Rapids---it has either been too cold or the wait has been 90+ min!

I hope this isn't to sad but the films in Epcot. While I follow my shopping daughter thru the World Showcase we have never watched a single countries film.

I never went to Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends at Animal Kingdom because I dislike snakes.

Be careful doing things just to check them off your list. My mother and I did that once with the Tiki bird show... yeah, there's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Ugh, awful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter