What's the funniest thing a cast member has ever said to you?

On Jungle Cruise, at the beginning of our ride, the CM asked: “Hey, are you ready to have fun?”
All of us went Yeah!

“Well, you are the wrong attraction then… I suggest you try the Carousel of Progress…” :upsidedow

Years ago at Catastophe Canyon

Those of you on the right side of the tram are going to get a little wet.

Those of you on the left side are going to get a lot wet.

We had a couple moments this past trip one month ago, one from a CM and the others from Meet and Greets. Because hey, those characters can 'say' a lot without saying anything.

- Mickey kissed my sister's hand when we met him at the Epcot Character Spot. She immediately tattled to Minnie when we reached her five minutes later. Minnie tapped her foot at Mickey, mime-ing a kiss and pointing at my sister, to which Mickey just shook his head before waving his hand at Minnie as if to say "Oh, it's no big deal." Minnie ended the spat by tapping her ring finger and having us sing "If you like then you should have put a ring on it." It was quite funny.

- At another M&G over in England, Tigger and Piglet were having fun with my sister's autograph book. Tigger kept holding out the pen to Piglet then taking it back over and over. They also took turns giving me 'Rabbit Ears' behind my back when the other toy had my attention and kept trying to tattle on each other. Had the two of us in stitches by the end.

- Buzz and Woody had a load of fun with my Woody plushie. Buzz made sure to point out that not only did my toy not work but Woody's pull string also didn't work. Woody was quick to point out how Buzz's button to make him talk was also dysfunctional. The little kids behind us in line loved the scene.

- Jungle Cruise. The tour guide said he was turning off the lights and going to be quiet for a bit. Not three seconds later we rounded a bend, he leaned over the bow pointing to the left and yelled "DUUUUUUCKS!!!!" Sure enough there were a pair of wild ducks sitting on a rock.

I used to wear my Walley World t-shirt to the parks all the time,you know that mythical theme park from the movie National Lampoons Vacation,well a security guard saw it and obviously had to put up the hand and say"Sorry Folks parks closed,Mouse out front should have told You".Unfortunately that shirts days are done and even though they still do have others for sale on the net,they're not of a good quality and they don't have the true original design of the park logo from the movie.I bought another one and it faded after 2 washes.The original one I had was even licensed by the movie and had the true logo and was great quality.I believe they've stopped making it,and every so often I'll look online to see if a good one is available because that shirt would get an average of 2-3 comments a day.

I have a couple:

One year it was just me and my dad in the parks. Being from Michigan my dad wore a blue hat with a maize M on it all week. Getting ready to board Spaceship Earth one day the CM at the bottom of the hill looked at my dad and sneered "Michigan". Without missing a beat I looked at him and sneered back "Ohio, right?". Bingo!! :rotfl2: It was very funny, and I love it when CMs play with guests like that. In case you live under a rock, our 2 states don't like each other much.

Another trip I was with my sis and her family, and we were staying in an All Star Family Suite. When you go to the pool you use the towels from your room, they are not provided by the pool. We would swim at night and I would call down and ask for more towels so we could shower. First night, fine. I call, they bring towels. Second night the CM on the phone said something like "Now Miss T, didn't you call for towels last night? And now you need more? Where do you think you are, Disney World, that you can call and expect us to bring you towels night after night?" I laughed and said yes, I sure did think that! The best part was when there was the knock on the door, I opened it up, and there stood a CM just loaded down with all sorts of towels! Enough to last us a week! :lmao:

I love that kind of interaction with the CMs.:cutie:

Recently we were in the single-rider line for RRC, and the CM loading the ride was hilarious. One couple asked to take the next car so they could ride in the front seat. He said, "Miss, there are no front seats on this ride, only back seats." She was completely confused as he repeated this in a serious tone. Then he broke down in a smile and put her in the line to wait for the next car.

On our last trip my five year old was itching her nose (itching, I swear!) while she was walking up to meet Aladdin and Jasmine. Jasmine says 'are you digging in your Cave of Wonders?'

Choked on a bit of Grey Goose Martini on that one!

Overheard while at the Hall of Presidents in Magic Kingdom.

Cast Member was talking about Washington, DC and said, "Nobody actually lives in Washington, DC."

Wow. I bet that surprises a lot of Washingtonians.

Okay, this isn't exactly a CM's comment, but it was sure funny at the time...

A bunch of us were leaving DTD en masse on the bus due to a sudden rainstorm, and it was already getting close to closing time for most of the shops, so folks were mostly calling it a day. We were a bus packed with tired, wet, cranky folks, quietly riding (supposedly) back to the hotel, when it became apparent the driver had started on the wrong route. People started commenting that he was going the wrong way, his walkie-talkie started beeping like crazy, but he was undeterred.

Finally, someone on the bus says, "You've got a busload of tired, cranky, desperate people who want to go home, and we just don't care anymore. We're wanted in six states. We're taking over this bus and heading to Universal." That starts the crowd laughing.

A few minutes later, still refusing to acknowledge the warnings of the passengers that he was going the wrong way, the driver pulls over at the next stop, gets on his walkie-talkie, and after some conversation, apparently reaches the conclusion was that he had boarded the wrong bus back at DTD. He gets up to exit the bus, and some wiseacre cracks in a supremely sarcastic tone that (in)famous Disney line, "Have a magical day." And the busload of folks explodes in laughter.

A new driver boards a few minutes later, and we were back on track :)

Happened with two seperate trips through security. First one, while checking our bags, security mentioned they were searching for Mouse Traps. Next day through, my daughters asked different security if they were searching for Mouse traps, to which this security officer replied "those are WMDs around here, Weapons of Mouse Destruction".
:rotfl2:

This cracked me up. On my last trip, I was wearing a shirt from the South Pacific musical on Broadway that said "I'm in love with a wonderful guy". So I am going through bag check at AK and the (male) CM looks at it and bursts out in the song. He had a rather nice voice. :laughing:

We were next in line to ride the Winnie the Pooh ride..DD was holding her Duffy Bear. The CM said to us " I love Duffy, I mean he is great and the ONLY bear Disney has". ???? My DH said, well there is Winnie the Pooh!

We were next in line to ride the Winnie the Pooh ride..DD was holding her Duffy Bear. The CM said to us " I love Duffy, I mean he is great and the ONLY bear Disney has". ???? My DH said, well there is Winnie the Pooh!

Tell that to the Slesinger Family. :thumbsup2

Yea I'm being that guy. Disney only rents Winnie.

Years ago at 3am in the morning our fire alarm went off. The sound was piercing. I got on the phone to report this (it was quite obvious once they picked the phone up what was going on) and the cast member said ' hold on i'll transfer you to maintenance.......HAVE A MAGICAL DAY!!'

Guess that was etched in their mind and routine but pretty funny after the fact, not during.

Years ago at Catastophe Canyon

Those of you on the right side of the tram are going to get a little wet.

Those of you on the left side are going to get a lot wet.

I had a similar experience; I was a single rider and a couple that had just gotten married (they had the bride and groom ears) were in front of me.

Of course, I knew the drill, so I stayed on the right hand side of the tram.

In front of me, groom on the left and bride on the right.

When they said those who are on the right hand side are going to get a little wet, he pointed at her and laughed.

When they said those of you are on the left hand side are going to get really wet, he tried to climb over her and push her over to the left hand side. She held her ground.

She looked at me and I said, "I guess chivalry is almost dead."

One of the bag checker guys had me convinced my little boy couldn't take in the sword he got from CRT breakfast the day before into the park because they don't allow weapons. He had it in his belt loop an wouldn't part with it. I was trying to tell the guy it was just a toy trying to talk him into letting us take it in when he saw the look of worry on my face as I tried to figure out how I was going to deal with telling my son he had to throw his sword out and started laughing and said "just kidding". It was pretty funny.

Was not to me, But. I recently heard a CM yell at a Justin Bieber look alike "Hey Justin, when's the next album comin out". The poor guy was with several of his classmates/friends and was totally embarrassed when they all busted into laughter. I too couldn't help but laugh, but then felt bad after.

Sitting outside by the water features at EPCOT with Ex DH and DD11 and DS9...We were approached by a cast member ( we were resting and enjoying an ice cream treat).

CM "How do you like EPCOT so far?"
Us: General raves all around.
CM "Do you know what EPCOT stands for?"
My kids "Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow"
CM "Every Polyester Costume of Torture" She then calls over another cast member....
New CM "Every Paycheck Comes on Thursday" He then calls over another cast member...
Newest CM "Every Patron Comes Out Tired"...

This was about 15 years ago but my now adult children can repeat the routine verbatim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter