What's the funniest thing a cast member has ever said to you?

We have had many funny moments with CMs, but one that stands out was with the Mad Hatter. We had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and when he visited our table, he kept calling my 4 yr. old son "Mr. Guess" (he had on a guess jeans t shirt). My son was confused and the Mad Hatter goes into a spiel about how it says "Guess" on his shirt so that must be his name and if it isn't, he really shouldn't try confusing other people by wearing it.:lmao:

It was hilarious. Our son finally gives in and tells him that he really is "Mr. Guess". Mad Hatter says that he knew he'd convince him to come around!

A couple of hours later we were in the MK near the teacups and we hear someone yelling, "Mr. Guess! Mr. Guess!" It's the Mad Hatter. He insists that son join him for a tea party and they proceed to ride the teacups. The entire time, Mad Hatter is introducing son to everyone as Mr. Guess! Our son is now 19 and still remembers that.:thumbsup2 It's been so long that I've forgotten alot of the "conversation" but that day the Mad Hatter was in perfect character!!

StephMS said:
We have had many funny moments with CMs, but one that stands out was with the Mad Hatter. We had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and when he visited our table, he kept calling my 4 yr. old son "Mr. Guess" (he had on a guess jeans t shirt). My son was confused and the Mad Hatter goes into a spiel about how it says "Guess" on his shirt so that must be his name and if it isn't, he really shouldn't try confusing other people by wearing it.:lmao:

It was hilarious. Our son finally gives in and tells him that he really is "Mr. Guess". Mad Hatter says that he knew he'd convince him to come around!

A couple of hours later we were in the MK near the teacups and we hear someone yelling, "Mr. Guess! Mr. Guess!" It's the Mad Hatter. He insists that son join him for a tea party and they proceed to ride the teacups. The entire time, Mad Hatter is introducing son to everyone as Mr. Guess! Our son is now 19 and still remembers that.:thumbsup2 It's been so long that I've forgotten alot of the "conversation" but that day the Mad Hatter was in perfect character!!

This is amazing!

Female Skipper who looked and acted like April Ludgate of Park and Rec- *comes up to the plane crash scene* "Oh man, look it's a plane crash, that could only mean one thing folks... That's right! We're on the set of LOST! I wonder where that cutie Sawyer"

She also told a story about how her parents left her on the jungle cruise as a child and they made her be a hula girl in It's a Small World until she was old enough to move up to Skipper.

Ours was at DLR actually. DW and I were on ToT. The CM assigned to the elevator was the best ever. He was really in character and made us all laugh.

These are some the lines I remember.

"Raise your hand if this your first time riding. No one?! You all came back?! Did you not learn the first time? I pity all of you."

"I need you all to tug on the yellow rope connected to your seat belt, just in case there’s a sudden drop in the elevator. We don’t want bodies flying everywhere because there’s a hole in the corner, and we had a hard time cleaning up the last set of bodies” as he pointed to the lady sitting in the corner seat; afterwards he tells her “Good Luck.”

After telling the lady good luck, he looks at DW and me, and asks us; “Would you like me to show your bags to your room?” I tell him “sure” to which he replies “I bet you would. If you want to see your bags again, you best find a way to hold on to them.”

He was one of the best CM's ever.

While we were in Disney World on our trip a few weeks ago...

My husband and I were hanging out in Japan, waiting for our friend to come back to meet us (he'd just run back to Beach Club where were all staying because his wife was sick, wompwomp).

While we were waiting, I decided I really wanted to go get The American Dream over in The American Adventure pavilion. My husband said he would wait back, and off I went.

As I was crossing into The American Adventure, I noticed a large amount of seagulls hanging out in that area, and I recall thinking to myself, "Please don't let any of them poop on me."

As I continued on my quest for a delicious refreshment, I suddenly felt a something sharply pelt me right on the sleeve of my Epcot 30 t-shirt (brand new, by the way). With dread, I knew what had happened... and looked down to confirm that I had indeed been crapped on by a seagull.

At that point I picked up my pace to get over to the stand where they sell The American Dream, and at this point I just want a napkin to take care of bird poop. I'm sure people I ran past saw the horror on my arm as I held it out with a look of disgust on my face.

As I got to the front, I cleaned my shirt off quickly, and the CM at the stand asked me how I was doing. As I finished cleaning my sleeve, I looked down, then replied, "Well, um, I just got pooped on by a seagull, sooo..."

He looked at me and tried to stifle his laughter, but I just laughed really hard because it was ridiculous, and so did he.

Anyway, after we finished laughing, he asked me what I would like to order and I told him, "Oh! The American Dream!"

His reply, "Well, I am pretty sure you already got The American Dream on your arm there."

:laughing:

We both then cracked up again, and I told him he was right.

I wished him a nice day as I walked away sipping on my drink.

And just in case you're wondering if it was worth getting pooped on by a seagull... My vote is yes!

(It got all melted together but I swear it looked super patriotic prior to this!)
americandream_zpsa4d6f45b.jpg

On an early morning bus during a low crowd week, we were on a bus from POFQ to HS, the bus driver announced that HS had reached maximum capacity, the park was closed and our bus was being diverted to take us to another park. The whole bus went silent for a few moments.

A few years back, a friend of mine came to Disney with us. She is Russian, and speaks Russian fluently at home. It was my friend's first time there, and we were in Epcot, joking that there was no "Russia" area for her. A CM outside heard us say this apparently, and came over to my friend greeting her to Epcot and apologizing that there was no Russia. Although, she didn't hear that my friend speaks perfectly fine English, lol, because she was screaming and talking very slowly at her, as if she didn't speak English and apparently couldn't hear either... We went along with it and laughed as we went on our way... :rotfl2:

I was on the phone with a CM making reservations... she was having some computer issues and said that sometime you just have to wiggle the mouse..... I told I didnt think wiggling the mouse was allowed at Disney...

About 20 years ago, my sister and I were watching a dance show on the stage by the castle.

Chip and Dale came running on the stage and Chip immediately grabbed his tale from behind him and brought it through the front of his legs and held it there while bouncing left and right along the stage in a very exaggerated fashion.

Disboards won't allow it and I simply don't need to explain the implications of this body language, except to a 17 year old (me), it was hilarious, and to a 12 year old (sister), it was somewhat traumatic...

Very few people really understood or even noticed at first, and he didn't do it very long.

Needless to say, I suspect that CM doesn't wear the Chip outfit anymore or perhaps that was the day he submitted his resignation and was trying to send a message himself.

It's probably in this thread somewhere...maybe that's where I heard it...
didn't happen to me, but a woman was walking around in Magic Kingdom with a Winnie the Pooh shirt on and a CM approached her and said "Ma'am, I hope you don't think i'm out of place, and I'm not quite sure how to tell you this....but... you have Pooh all over your shirt..." - or something like that. I just thought that was too funny.

It was while we were ordering food at I think at Cosmic Rays
DH was a step behind me trying to figure out what he wanted.
I ordered the kids and my food went to turn to him and the cashier said your total is ...
DH said - wait! I'm with her
The cashier responded with I'm sorry
without missing a beat both DH and I looked at the girl and said not as sorry as I am.
The poor girl turned red, and everyone that heard the exchange just started laughing.

We were watching the jammin jungle parade. My daughter was eating a long spiral sucker. One CM in the parade was a horse on stilts. She grabbed my DD's sucker, held it to her forehead, and told my DD she was now a unicorn. It was cute!!

This wasn't something a cast member said, but did.
We were in MK while Woody and Jesse were out interacting with kids when we walked by. My dad, deciding to be funny, yelled "Andy's coming!" and Woody and Jesse stopped what they were doing and just instantly dropped to the ground, not moving. The whole crowd around us burst out laughing and it took us quite a while to stop. :rotfl:

This wasn't something a cast member said, but did.
We were in MK while Woody and Jesse were out interacting with kids when we walked by. My dad, deciding to be funny, yelled "Andy's coming!" and Woody and Jesse stopped what they were doing and just instantly dropped to the ground, not moving. The whole crowd around us burst out laughing and it took us quite a while to stop. :rotfl:

There's been tons of talk about this in the last few days. When was this?

we were at CP for breakfast and ds had a piece of bacon in his hand when you guessed it... Piglet walked up. He started quivering and acting like he didn't want to get next to ds because he was afraid he might get eaten too. So cute!

It was the summer after my freshmen year of college. The crew? Myself and my three friends all aged 18-19. We had rented a trailer at Fort Wilderness (they are now cabins) and we went to WDW for the first time. We were so excited! First trip on our own, first time at Disney etc.. So we check in and then a driver takes you to your trailer. Did I mention it is July in Florida? As we pull up to our trailer the driver says "You were told there is no air conditioning in the trailers right?" Umm...no! He was met with silence as we all looked at each other. Finally he cracks up and says "Just kidding! You will be nice and cool with your a/c in your trailer" Phew....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter