What's the closest/best? beach to Disneyworld?

My vote if for the little bit longer drive south of Clearwater and enjoy Longboat Key. Quite nice. I truly love Sanibel but that's a good 3.5 hours away or more.

We're gonna go down I-95 since there appears to be a ton of construction on I-75..:( ...
I think I might see if I can locate Cocoa Beach, or possibly stop in St. Augustine...:)

Shep -

Just a warning, I-95 is undegoing widening to six lanes the entire length of St Johns County (where St. Augustine is), about 30 miles. Traffic still moves pretty well, but the road is narrow, & you have to really keep your eyes open.

If you stop at St. Augustine, the SR 16 exit has a Belz Factory Outlet Mall with a "Character Premier" Disney outlet in it.

If oyu go to the beach, the SR 207 exit (5 miles south of SR 16) will take you east to SR 312, which will take you straight to the beach. It has just undergone a 2 year, multi-gazillion $$$ restoration, so it's nice and wide. The state park is foot traffic only on the beach, and St. augustine Beach is open for driving, but is well controlled and safe.

Stop in, Spend money, Have fun!!!

Thanks Jim..
Might stop in the foot traffic only part..
Last time we were in St. Augustine was when cars just started driving on the beach, so it kind of discouraged us from going back..:(

Figure out a way to get to the Gulf coast! It is SO much prettier and relaxing IMHO;) ! Can you tell I grew up near the Gulf and it is still closest to us. :p ! We really are partial to it for its beauty. Gulf beaches often rank in the top 5 best beaches. :cool: You really don't want anyone to drive over your precious girls now do you:eek: ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter