What's one place you have been to which you would never go back to?

What part of Los Angeles did you go to? Not judging your answer, genuinely curious. It’s also been an interesting area to me because the city and surrounding cities are all SO different!

We went to the Rose parade but stayed at the Westin in the financial district (arranged by the tour) also went to the walk of fame - was shocked by the
Strip clubs - in my mind all of LA was going to be like what I see on TV

Really liked our separate trips to San Diego, Simi Valley and San Francisco- don’t plan a return trip to LA area

San Francisco. It was the dirtiest place I've ever been

A few years ago, San Francisco had the World Championship for some big video game. The guy that won was a shepherd that literally lived in a yurt among the sheep. They asked the people about the desired location for the next year. The answer was "Not here, it is disgusting", including from the guy used to sheep poop.

Cancun for several reasons. First, almost got crushed to death in a club where they do impersonations. They kept packing people in, it was St. Patrick's Day and it was a huuuuuuuge club. We were up on a balcony and no one could move literally packed like sardines, literally. You couldn't go to the bathroom, get a drink, they handed you two drinks when you went in. I was up against a rail and started to get crushed. People started to panic and they were telling people to go out the exit but I looked around and didn't see any exit signs, just they were telling people to go a certain way and the club was do big you couldn't find your way to that exit or even see. We started making our way out towards the way we came in which was really hard bc you couldn't move and a guy grabbed me by the hand (husband was following me) and started helping me get out. We finally busted out a door which had no exit on it bc the rules there are so lax. I honestly think people got killed in that club that night. And you know what, they were still packing people in, a long line when we got out and I even saw elderly people going in. It must have been thousand people in there. Another day we took a bus trip thinking we were going to go around the city, but it ventured out of town and then stopped and let us off in the middle of no where when bus driver said his shift ended. Finally after a long wait no one around anywhere another bus came by and we start making our way back, a couple people get on along way and a guy gets on and stood up in front of bus and started yelling calling us names like dirty Americans read some long list of political things and we all gave him some money and then he paid off the bus driver. We didnt know what he was going to do. Then on way home our flight was delayed on plane stuck on the tarmac for over 24 hours. This was Jet Blue but we all got free plane rides from it. But What a nightmare will never go back there.

Last edited:
Ocean City, MD
Boston

Oh boy -
#1, you are 200% right about OC, MD. I am in and out of there on occasion for work. It's just ..yuck.
and...I'm headed to Boston for work next week! I'm going a day early to 'check it out', my brother refused to come up early and is flying in for the day of meetings because he's been before and doesn't have high opinions of the place.

Wow can you say why? Just curious never been myself.

I'm not the quoted poster, but I did mention not needing to go back to Madrid. It was alright, but lacked personality. Also, the siesta hours were really difficult to adjust to as an American.

We had spent 4 days in Seville before going to Madrid, so that probably didn't help. Seville is amazing and Madrid was lacking in comparison.

Honestly? Bermuda. OK, so the air quality and architecture is beautiful and the beaches sumptuous, but that's it. Otherwise there's nothing to do.

I should clarify why I said the locations I said

San Francisco - beautiful city. But we were in the touristy area (close walk to Fisherman's wharf) with kids in the winter when it got dark early.
The kids were scared of the number of homeless people around us when we tried to leave the hotel after dark. They were aggressive with panhandling and sleeping in all the doorways. We have been in other large cities - NYC, Toronto, London - and never felt so unsafe as we did in San Francisco. It really gave us a negative outlook on the city. Went to pick up supper at In and Out and take it back to the hotel and the restaurant was filthy and it was scary walk back.
We did enjoy the sights we saw in San Francisco. Maybe try it again without kids and do some hiking in the area?

Nashville - just country music out. It's a one and done. Too many screaming bachelorette parties. Perhaps go see the Smokey Mts sometime but lots of other things I would like to do too so can't imagine we would do that anytime soon.

I can't say I'd never go back because you know that old saying of "never say never". There are a few places I have no desire to return to for no particular reason, there are too many places I would like to visit without using up my time for revisits. Just to name a few:

San Diego
San Francisco
Portland, OR
St. Louis, MO
Hot Springs, AR
Eureka Springs, AR
New Orleans
Ruidoso, NM
Columbia, SC
Nashville
Memphis

What's one place you have been to which you would never go back to?

Well, probably Mackinac Island. Not because it's a bad place, but it's just TOO touristy and tons of people just sitting around and causing lines everywhere (meals, snacks, tours, whatever). I could see how, in times long gone, it was probably a very nice getaway place, but not now.

Cancun for several reasons. First, almost got crushed to death in a club where they do impersonations. They kept packing people in, it was St. Patrick's Day and it was a huuuuuuuge club. We were up on a balcony and no one could move literally packed like sardines, literally. You couldn't go to the bathroom, get a drink, they handed you two drinks when you went in. I was up against a rail and started to get crushed. People started to panic and they were telling people to go out the exit but I looked around and didn't see any exit signs, just they were telling people to go a certain way and the club was do big you couldn't find your way to that exit or even see. We started making our way out towards the way we came in even tho you had to go down a long hallway bf you got to the club and a guy grabbed me by the hand (husband was following me) and started helping me get out. We finally busted out a door which had no exit on it bc the rules there are so lax. I honestly think people got killed in that club that night. And you know what, they were still packing people in, a long line when we got out and I even saw elderly people going in. It must have been thousand people in there. Another day we took a bus trip thinking we were going to go around the city, but it ventured out of town and then stopped and let us off in the middle of no where when bus driver said his shift ended. Finally after a long wait no one around anywhere another bus came by and we start making our way back, a couple people get on along way and a guy gets on and stood up in front of bus and started yelling calling us names like dirty Americans read some long list of political things and we all gave him some money and then he paid off the bus driver. We didnt know what he was going to do. Then on way home our flight was delayed on plane stuck on the tarmac for over 24 hours. This was Jet Blue but we all got free plane rides from it. But What a nightmare will never go back there.
Agree completely. It's the only place I've ever been to that I would never go to again.

On our way to the airport for our flight home, we got pulled over by a cop for speeding. No radar gun, nothing to prove we were speeding. Demanded cash or we were going to jail. Pretty terrifying experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter