What You Learned From Your Last Disney Trip...

On my first trip to WDW in Feb. 2000 we had to come home early because my grandfather passed away. I was so upset - about my grandfather of course - but also because I had been dreaming about going to Disney for my entire life, finally convinced DH to go, saved for months, then had to leave after only 2 days. Luckily we had gone through a travel agent who had put trip insurance on our package. I didn't think much of it until I called her to let her know we had come home early and she said she'd process the paperwork. Huh, what paperwork? Oh yeah, trip insurance! We got enough money back that we were able to go on a second trip in Sept. (for my 30th birthday!) :banana: Now we are planning to go back with our kids this December and I made sure we got the trip insurance - I will never travel without it!

i HAVE JUST RETURNED AND WAS IN ALOT OF PAIN WITH MY LEG. i beleive i may have Dvt and am due to see a doc today,what i didnt know was that my travel insurance did not cover dvt or non emergency medical care so i was very scared all week. Please check your medical insurance esp peeps from europe. i tried not to let it spoil my holiday too much:goodvibes

I would see a doctor anyway, a DVT can become a medical emergency if not treated. If you have medical insurance, it should cover even if you are in a HMO, just call you PCP first.

Just to let you know i dont have DVT:cool1: HAVE MUSCLE DAMAGE.. probably from lack of excersise and walking too much ... my insurance def said exclusions does not cover any sympton of DVT ,ENGLISH INSURANCE CAN BE A MINEFEILD, they never want to pay...

My DH and I both work full time and have 2 beautiful DDs. Needless to say we really look forward to our yearly trip to WDW....however we are on the go the entire time. This time we booked CSR with the intention of slowing down and enjoying the pool and some "down time". Hope we stick to this!!!:banana:

Oh, and never miss the Hoop Dee Doo Reveu:love: :rotfl2:

I learned to NOT run in line for Space Mountian in rubber flip flops! My husband and I were wearing rubber Old Navy flip flops on our day at the Magic Kingdom on our Honeymoon... I know I know, I shouldn't be running in line anyway, but I was... my shoes burned the bottoms of my feet and I had huge blisters for the rest of the week... It was horrible!!! pirate:

* Shari *

WDW College Program - Fall Advantage '04 - Lifeguard at Blizzard Beach
Too Many Trips as a Kid to Remember!!!

If traveling with little kids- take 2 sets of extra clothes. DS had two accidents last time and we had to buy an extra outfit. :laundy:

AAA is cheaper! yaaay! lol

Also during slower months you can plan what park you want to go to, make dining ressies, etc. But don't expect that you'll need to devote 1 day to each park. I had a lot of time I didn't know what to do with!
:)

Never do the trip commando style. We did this the last time we went, trying to see everything. By the 3rd day or so, we was so tired. This time around, we can go without feeling like we have to be there when the park opens and when it closes.

Take advantage of those fast passes. We got a few here and there, but I learned that if one fast pass is coming close to the time you can use it, you can get another one.

Take your time and enjoy the sights.

If you really look at a souvenir twice, buy it. There are a few things I regret not buying last trip...

If you really look at a souvenir twice, buy it. There are a few things I regret not buying last trip...

Yeah, because if you think you'll find it at another store, say at the World of Disney or somewhere else, it won't be there! :sad1: :sad:

I learned that although going with friends is fun (4 families), it's hard to keep everyone happy-we ended up just meeting up for meals once a day and then going our separate ways. :thumbsup2

We learned that Florida is as hot in July as everyone says :scared:
but, we quickly learned our commando style had to be toned down due to the heat.
we are going again in July this year, and added extra days just so we could go slower - relax and swim like we always say we are going too :cool2:

2) To bring some airfreshener for the bathroom - no explaination needed.

I was just thinking about this, this afternoon - have you tried Zorbex????

6) During the week leading up to your trip, ALL of your co-workers will start to get on your last nerve. Just keep telling yourself...THERE's NO PLACE LIKE DISNEY...THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE DISNEY....that's why your here....THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE DISNEY.

This is where I am so at right now!!!!! Only 4 more working days til Disney!!!!

7) Enjoy every moment of your vacation because in 10 days you will be back at work dealing with those co-workers and they will be pissed that you can afford to go Disney. Then those same co-workers will spend 20 minutes explaining to you why they cannot afford a Disney vacation while holding their $5 twice per day Mocha Frappinco, half-foam, half-cap, skim latte from overprice CoffeeBucks![/QUOTE]

Amen!!!!

1) Drink lots and lots of water... I swear my son got nauseaus from dehydration.
2) Follow a plan, you can do most of what you really want to do by 1:00... at least we could... that really means no shows
3) Slow down a little, and relax more. The resorts are really nice a relaxing. Enjoy them.
4) Don't go to parks on EMH days. I know I read this a million times, but I didn't listen. It is really true.

We learned that Florida is as hot in July as everyone says :scared:
but, we quickly learned our commando style had to be toned down due to the heat.
we are going again in July this year, and added extra days just so we could go slower - relax and swim like we always say we are going too :cool2:

FROM ANOTHER COMMANDO, WITH YOU SISTER. WE WERE GOING IN SPRING BREAK BUT HAVE TO START GOING THE LAST WEEK OF JULY AGAIN DUE TO OUR WORK SCHEDULES, HEAT IN FLORIDA IN JULY IS INDESCRIBABLE. I THINK I HAD A MINI HEAT STROKE IN JULY 2002 THERE, I WAS STANDING OUT IN THE 104 DEGREE SUN WAITING ON MY FAMILY AND GOT CHILLED THEN DIZZY AND NAUSEOUS. DRINK UP.!!!!!:rolleyes:

Are you serious? Morning or evening? Exactly how busy are they and what time of year did you go?

We went August 12th 2005 for 2 weeks, the am ones were fine if you got there for rope drop and left mid morning but the pm ones :scared: it was so crowded it was silly we did them at MK and Epcot before deciding against it! We went to Epcot on a non EMH day and rode soarin 3 times and TT 4 times in one morning :thumbsup2

Yeah don't go the day that there are magic hours. The other parks are almost deserted while the MH park is packed. People usually work their schedule around them...I never even needed the extra time I just did it because it....well... I have no idea lol! This year I'm avoiding the park that has MH for that day. :thumbsup2

We went August 12th 2005 for 2 weeks, the am ones were fine if you got there for rope drop and left mid morning but the pm ones :scared: it was so crowded it was silly we did them at MK and Epcot before deciding against it! We went to Epcot on a non EMH day and rode soarin 3 times and TT 4 times in one morning :thumbsup2

OK. Can you get FastPasses during the EMHs or is it just standing in line?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter