What You Learned From Your Last Disney Trip...

xWishes

Future Minnie Mouse
...that will make you do things differently on the next one.

The main thing I learned from my last trip this past March is that I shouldn't go w. 6 other girls. I'm an only child so I'm used to doing what I want...or at least having people w. me who are on the same page as me. It didn't happen during spring break. All 7 of us wanted to do different things so we ended up splitting up basically the whole time. The trip affected the relationships we had when we got back to Boston. And we all lived in the same suite haha! So this time when I go in August I'm going w. just one close friend who I know will want to have as much fun as I do! :woohoo:

Your turn! :goodvibes

I did not really explore Epcot, this time around I want to take my time there and explore more... try to taste some great deserts from France and Norway. I just want to relax there and see the great entertainment the world has to offer.

Take all precautions to avoid getting sick. Hand gel, spray the room, etc. We all got sick and it ruined our trip.

And NEVER use the ice bucket in your room without the liner. When the trash cans are being used by the adults, and the kid is sick.... I think you can figure this one out... :guilty:

I learned that staying on-site is the only way to go! We will never stay offsite again. Also learned that it is important to take that afternoon break back to the hotel. My kids were never really cranky when we did this, and they were able to stay up LATE!!! :)

Oh my gosh I would have never thought of that. Thank you I will be sure to take some little trash bags to line the ice bucket.

And NEVER use the ice bucket in your room without the liner. When the trash cans are being used by the adults, and the kid is sick.... I think you can figure this one out...

To bring lots of water and snacks with you in the parks. This part of the tip is only good for those who drive. I froze a case of water before leaving. The frozen water bottles were used as the ice to keep the other drinks in the cooler cold. When we got to the hotel the little freezer wasn't big enough to store all the water. I just put the water in the refrigerator and they stayed frozen the whole trip.

What I learned from my last trip: get FP all day(in the time limit)
-go back to mexican restaurant and get that great lake view table, and watch Illuminations.
-take plenty of wipes and hand sanitizer
-pack extra ziplock bags in backpack for whatever
I learn something new every yr!!!!!

Have some time to actually explore Epcot....I didn't know there was American Adventure until last night....and now I really want to try that....but my folks don't really like exploring World Showcase, so I might explore that by myself......

(P.S. This is my 100th post!!)

Always bring the backpack that has a built in cooler! It is PERFECT for keeping drinks and other food cold! :thumbsup2

Drink so much water that you have to float back to your hotel. There is nothing worse than feeling nauseated from dehydration in the midst of the magic.

Always stay on site.

Even when you get free dining, only eat what you want and save room for the dessert.

Savor every single moment as if you will never be there ever again.

Act like you are five years old again.

Take lots and lots of pictures.

I should never, ever let DH & the kids convince me its ok to swim when I KNOW its too cold out. Some days in Feb can be in the 80's but below that is a bad idea, no matter how sweetly I'm being asked.This past trip in Feb EVERYONE came home with Croupe. :sad2: .everyone but me that is.

Always make sure I have my rain poncho with me - cause it always rained when I didn't and if I brought it, well the sun would just keep on shining!

Relax and have fun and use purell all the time, especially after going through the ticket machine!

Never, Ever go with my sister again. She has 3 kids and did the whole dang trip comando style. In Aug. '05 my parents, my DD then 9, my sis and her family went on vacation to the beach. My mom and my sis said/did things that ticked the other off. My sis threatened not to go to WDW because she didn't want to be told what to do/when to do it/where to go. She went and told us all what to do. She and her family of five plus my DD walked about 10-20 feet ahead of me. Our 70 plus parents were 10-20 feet behind me. My DD and I would've been much happier walking slowly around with my parents. :sad2: I shall never, ever go on vacation with my sister again.

I learned that staying at a monorail resort is the bomb! - Close by and easy to get to most everything.

Lets just say ... Don't cram alot into 5 short days!When we went down in January(we didn't stay as long as usual) and tried doing more then we ever would on longer stays and by the time we got home we were totally exhausted! We won't make that mistake again in August , I made sure we had some "down time" days planned!! :)

I learned don't overschedule yoursleves. Don't plan a big TS dinner every day - you will get so tired of eating (I can't believe I said that, but it is true), and be flexible. Things will go wrong! We spent a day in MGM where we missed everything - the shows, the parade, couldn't get FP for RnR. I was so upset I almost ruined the day for myself, but then I caught the magic and made a full recovery.

I learned not to go with 10 other family members. We were at Epcot and within 2 hours, most were tired and ready to leave. I didn't even get a chance to explore Epcot and I was ticked. We only had 4 day passes which gave us 1 day at each park. I missed out on the countries in Epcot.

Our next visit will just be myself, DH and DD. As my tag goes "Livin' and Learnin'"

I learned to write down things I wanted to get and places I wanted to go that I learned about at DIS. We wasted a lot of time looking for Dole Whips and for a couple eating places that I thought I'd remember and then didn't.

xWishes said:
...that will make you do things differently on the next one.

The main thing I learned from my last trip this past March is that I shouldn't go w. 6 other girls. I'm an only child so I'm used to doing what I want...or at least having people w. me who are on the same page as me. It didn't happen during spring break. All 7 of us wanted to do different things so we ended up splitting up basically the whole time. The trip affected the relationships we had when we got back to Boston. And we all lived in the same suite haha! So this time when I go in August I'm going w. just one close friend who I know will want to have as much fun as I do! :woohoo:

Your turn! :goodvibes

I totally agree!!!!!! I went w/ a group of nine, and never again will I do that!!!!! I felt like I didn't get to see anything!!!!!! Everyone wanted to be in diffrent places at diffrent times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter