What You Learned From Your Last Disney Trip...

I learned to get to the parks early, grab a lite breakfast, and do everything you wanted to do. Before it gets to hot, considering I'm going in August :thumbsup2

that ADRs are not worth it to us!!! we are a go go go family and wasting precious park time in the morning on big expensive meals just caused heartache.....also, although many love it, we will not do the hoop de due review again......you don't need a whole day at mgm.....animal kingdom is definitely a whole day now.....and epcot in general is not for us....

UtahMama said:
I learned to BE FLEXIBLE and even though I plan every meal, ride, parade, show,
etc. I really need to be less crazy and relax and take it all in. Plan, plan, plan, but be flexible!

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Especially if you are going with children. Also, don't ride the ferry the same evening that you ride Mission Space. It really messes with your equilibrium. Learned this one the hard way. Spent the next day in the hotel with a 12 year old who was really sick because of this.

One last tip, plan to see some of the shows in the afternoon, especially if you are going in the summer. It gives you a place to cool off!!!!

To buy a automated wheel chair so my feet don't hurt so much lol. Last year we pretty much went all over the place and we walked for the whole day, it really makes your legs ache after a while. Since the last resort we stayed at everything was spread out which means you got to walk more. So I think me and my family learned that lesson lol.

We learned if it is cold in the morning where pants! We where so worried about getting hot later, we froze all day and night!

Harvest02 said:
I learned that staying on-site is the only way to go! We will never stay offsite again. Also learned that it is important to take that afternoon break back to the hotel. My kids were never really cranky when we did this, and they were able to stay up LATE!!! :)

This is the only way to go. The little nap/swim in the pool really make DD and DH alot less cranky.. :rotfl:

ditto on the packing lite snacks, like fruit snacks or peanut butter crackers. It's just DH and I, but these are a lifesaver when waiting in line right before lunch time.

Staying on property is the bomb! Wouldn't do it any other way.

Ponchos are a must.

Take one extra pair of shoes with you, put them in a locker and change midway through the day. Working retail in high school taught me this little trick!

Can't stress the importance of taking LOTS of photos.

Don't yell at your kids at the World. It makes me sad whenever I hear this happening.

"Don't listen to others who tell you your kid is too young for such a trip. Our DS2 had a great time - even if he won't remember it and we had a great time with him!"

I completey agree! We learned that it's worth taking a very young child to WDW even though they may not remember it. We took our granddaughter when she was around two. No, she doesn't remember the trip, but we do! We got to see it through her eyes and have the video to remind us of the magical moment when she first saw her beloved Ariel in a parade. At two, Ariel isn't a CM. She's the real deal! Our granddaughter is almost ten now and we still go at least once a year, but I'm so grateful that she had the opportunity to grow up with WDW and all the magical experiences it offers.

Do what you want/eat where you want (even if you've heard terrible reviews about an attraction or restaurant). Do it and form your own opinion.

Don't follow the crowd - go the opposite way

For us, I learned not to take snacks/water into the park. We never used them and the snacks ended up smashed and crumbled in my purse. The water we just toted around and never drank it. We go as light as possible now.

DH finally learned that eating breakfast in the room is the way to go for us. Gives dd something to do while we get ready and we get such an earlier start.
Of course now he acts like it was his idea :rolleyes:

Slow down and people watch. It's so amusing!

As long as we are able, we will always return to Disney yearly - despite the comments we get from the non-believers!! :banana:

GC&S said:
Do what you want/eat where you want (even if you've heard terrible reviews about an attraction or restaurant). Do it and form your own opinion.

Don't follow the crowd - go the opposite way

COMPLETELY AGREE! :goodvibes

DO NOT BRING A PARTY POOPER!!
If you are not going to ride any of the rides, :furious: STAY HOME!
If you are going to compain everytime we get on a ride, STAY HOME!
If you are going to compain about the heat...IN JUNE...in Orlando, PLEASE STAY HOME :furious: !

Grand2me said:
DO NOT BRING A PARTY POOPER!!
If you are not going to ride any of the rides, :furious: STAY HOME!
If you are going to compain everytime we get on a ride, STAY HOME!
If you are going to compain about the heat...IN JUNE...in Orlando, PLEASE STAY HOME :furious: !

Just out of curiosity, what did the person do during the trip? haha

I learned that late checkout is great! But you have to ask for it, and it's not guaranteed.

I learned to expect the unexpected (2 days of forest fires just 2 miles from AKL, and lots of smoke in the air).

I learned that a little swimming every day helps cure the aching feet/back/neck that come from walking and "thrill" rides.

I am traveling to the World this December with my then 1 and a half year old DD and DH. My DH and I were married at Disney's Wedding Pavilion Dec 2003 so this is very special trip..

The TIPS I am totally taking away from this post are:

Ziplock bags
mini trash bags for ice buckets
hand sanitizer (which I carry anyway because I have a baby)
stroller rain cover (BRILLIANT)
crystal light to go packs
night light
and snack to bribe my DD with to avoid her occasional meltdowns

THANKS!!!

LisaLovesDisney said:
I am traveling to the World this December with my then 1 and a half year old DD and DH. My DH and I were married at Disney's Wedding Pavilion Dec 2003 so this is very special trip..

The TIPS I am totally taking away from this post are:

Ziplock bags
mini trash bags for ice buckets
hand sanitizer (which I carry anyway because I have a baby)
stroller rain cover (BRILLIANT)
crystal light to go packs
night light
and snack to bribe my DD with to avoid her occasional meltdowns

THANKS!!!
They give you a small plastic bag to line the ice bucket. Just make sure you NEVER use those buckets without it!!!

Bring a large ziploc type bag, for wallets, camera, cell phone and fanny pack, when riding either Kali river rapid ride at Disney or Popeye raft ride at Universal. We brought one this trip, and everything stayed dry!!

xWishes said:
Just out of curiosity, what did the person do during the trip? haha
:rotfl: She loosened up once we went to Typhoon Lagoon but that was about to be a disaster once we got on Crush-n-Gusher twice. I didn't spend ANY of the rest of my Disney trip with her. DH and I decided that everybody really does not feel the magic.

xWishes said:
...that will make you do things differently on the next one.

The main thing I learned from my last trip this past March is that I shouldn't go w. 6 other girls. I'm an only child so I'm used to doing what I want...or at least having people w. me who are on the same page as me. It didn't happen during spring break. All 7 of us wanted to do different things so we ended up splitting up basically the whole time. The trip affected the relationships we had when we got back to Boston. And we all lived in the same suite haha! So this time when I go in August I'm going w. just one close friend who I know will want to have as much fun as I do! :woohoo:

Your turn! :goodvibes

Yeah, traveling with friends rarely turns out good...I've heard so many stories about 5 best friends going a trip and ending up HATING each other by the time they are done! Something about traveling that can bring out the WORST in people!

Also traveling with family that has their OWN family...everybody has their routines and the way they do things...mix that in with OLD family routines and :stir: :furious: not so good...

I like traveling with my DH2b...cuz I'm the boss and I get to go where I want and I like it that it way!!! ;)

TruBlu said:
They give you a small plastic bag to line the ice bucket. Just make sure you NEVER use those buckets without it!!!

While I have a feeling I'm going to regret asking......Why is it so important to line the ice bucket???? :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter