What would you like to see in the new era?

I disagree. As I've said, I don't watch - I listen. The audio podcast doesn't even come out until late Wednesday or sometime Thursday. I usually don't start listening until Friday or Saturday and it usually takes me 2 or 3 days to hear the whole show.

Very, very little of what they talk about is time-sensitve. The few exceptions almost never apply to me. Things like booking opening for a special event or a particular cruise or the 2024 Disney World packages. Otherwise, the stuff they're talking about is general Disney news and updates. I don't care if it's a few days old when I hear it. When I have a road trip coming up, I'll save a few weeks worth of shows to listen to on the drive. I don't think I have ever missed anything important by not hearing a show until weeks after it was released.

If I have a Disney World trip approaching, that's about the only time I want to be up to date on anything new or different, and even then a few days or a week doesn't matter as long as I hear it before we get there.
That's great that you don't watch it and only listen to it. But it still means information can be out of date. Imagine if it's pre-recorded every time and then released 2 days later, then 2 additional days after that you're listening to it because it was released then, you're getting pretty far out of date.

But what you're talking about is normally 1 1/2 days to potentially 2 1/2 days from the live show, being pre-recorded and then released some time later especially if we're talking about what the PP wants which was polished, edited, prettied up and other adjectives used you're adding even more time. And when someone is wanting to know how the first day of MNSSHP went or the new release of a popcorn bucket or Food & Wine first few days add in merch offerings aside from popcorn buckets, etc they'll want more up to date current in the moment stuff...and if they don't find it from the DIS they will go elsewhere.

Maybe you only want to tune in for an upcoming trip but some of us just enjoyed watching it in general :) In fact I was just talking about it with my IRL DISer friends how I oddly was fond of Teresa (IIRC that's who it was) who loved to keep everyone up to date on the opening/progress of Twistee Treat. I tuned in for Disney and then Universal (I loved loved loved the Universal show with Ryno, Craig and Oliver back when he was on, I think Steve joined as well as times) for the overall information. If I only tuned in when I had a trip planned and then promptly tuned off you'd only see me watching the shows no matter who was on, what it was like, etc every 6 years and well I doubt that's the way they want the show to be. Remember not everyone is a multi-trip, every year kind of viewer (or listener in your case) but they still like to keep up with Disney and Universal content.

That's great that you don't watch it and only listen to it. But it still means information can be out of date. Imagine if it's pre-recorded every time and then released 2 days later, then 2 additional days after that you're listening to it because it was released then, you're getting pretty far out of date.
I think we have a different concept here. I don't think 4 or 5 days old is out of date 99% of the time. The very earliest I listen is Thursday when the audio is typically released so it's already 2 days old, and I frequently don't listen until the weekend.
when someone is wanting to know how the first day of MNSSHP went or the new release of a popcorn bucket or Food & Wine first few days add in merch offerings aside from popcorn buckets, etc they'll want more up to date current in the moment stuff...and if they don't find it from the DIS they will go elsewhere.
And for that sort of thing, they can release short updates and targeted videos. They went to the first night of the Halloween party this week and posted a video soon after. If they had a show this coming Tuesday (which they won't obviously) they would still talk about the party at that time but the full video would already be out.
Maybe you only want to tune in for an upcoming trip
Oh, I listen to the Tuesday show every single week and have for 15 years. Never missed an episode. What I was saying that if I had a trip approaching like next week, I'd be sure to listen to this week's episode as soon as I could just in case there was anything new I needed to know. I wouldn't wait until after my trip to hear it.

I think we have a different concept here. I don't think 4 or 5 days old is out of date 99% of the time. The very earliest I listen is Thursday when the audio is typically released so it's already 2 days old, and I frequently don't listen until the weekend.
This entirely 100% depends on what information is being talked about. Sometimes meh no biggie, sometimes it is. You keep talking about your listening habits but you're a casual listener, someone who can take it or leave it, someone who as you said stacks up shows to listen to for road trips. I'm going to say you're doing it less for the purposes that I'm talking about.
And for that sort of thing, they can release short updates and targeted videos. They went to the first night of the Halloween party this week and posted a video soon after. If they had a show this coming Tuesday (which they won't obviously) they would still talk about the party at that time but the full video would already be out.
Well they already did that in the past. They would (usually Craig IIRC) would post a video of at least some footage from the party but think more globally than just those example. New merch for instance that can show up on ShopDisney (or ones I can get my local DISer friends to buy and then ship to me if it's a parks only thing) some of that stuff sells so fast. If I'm not glued to the ShopDisney website I can get some info there. It's really just all about if your show is about Disney news timing of release becomes important. But on the other hand too many small videos and people lose track on just what to watch. In the same vein that we have "Official" threads for some the main show is the spot they go to rather than feel like they need to watch 4 different videos spaced days a part just to find out xyz. There's a balance to be had on that.
Oh, I listen to the Tuesday show every single week and have for 15 years. Never missed an episode. What I was saying that if I had a trip approaching like next week, I'd be sure to listen to this week's episode as soon as I could just in case there was anything new I needed to know. I wouldn't wait until after my trip to hear it.
Well I wouldn't..I mean what usage is listening to something so close to the trip? I want to keep up to date on Disney stuff in part because I don't go that often. I have the luxury now of having 3 IRL DISers who are now locals but I didn't use to so yeah how would I even know when to tune in?

Regardless TBH I'm not sure why we are discussing it in this way. The other poster asked what was the big deal about a pre-recorded show, another poster offered their opinion, I offered mine. The thread is literally about what we'd like to see for the future. If they don't stick with live they don't stick with live, whatev you know, but it's the point of the thread to discuss how we feel about "the new era" so my opinion is there could potentially be issues if the show swapped to strictly pre-recorded. If you're a viewer or in the case of you a listener who already watches behind you may not be able to see my points.

After watching the Halloween party vlog, I would love if they did one for HHN too since they cover both parks
I used to love the episodes where they would go over the HHN houses despite never having gone to HHN before it was a great show and would sometimes have me teetering on wanting to go but that was over on the Universal DIS Unplugged show.

I'm still working out how I feel about the continuation of the forums if they don't change much -- because, on top of everything else, I was pretty shocked by some of the moderating and, especially, the idea that mods can edit other people's posts. I tend to avoid contentious topics mostly, but the idea a member's post can be edited by someone else, but would still be under the member's name doesn't seem right to me. ...Being able to delete posts is understandable, but editing them potentially misrepresents the forum member, but would still hold them accountable. :confused3

I accept the forums are a private business and can set tone and policies as they wish - and can police them - but I like to see consumers (vital as they are) respected, too. Is this kind of editing usual practice on forums, generally? If it is, it's been passing me by!

I'd quite like to see a really new vision and image here (maybe even a slightly new name????). I think lots of us would stick around if we see really clear, meaningful change? Plus, a spruce up and new creativity can be inspiring and energizing.

Bearing that in mind, I agree with many of you who talked about broadening the topics and contributors to the podcasts. I'd definitely appreciate a greater focus on out-of-town (doesn't matter if national or international) visitors. I'm a little fatigued by so many vlogs and podcasts (beyond the Dis) by locals who have such different opportunities to experience it all, compared to the majority who are there for a few days, or a week or so.

I really like lots of these ideas: -

So much this! Would help to keep enthusiasm alive. Maybe bring on a Disney college program participant or two (or own that’s been fairly recent) to talk about how to apply, what the experience is REALLY like, expectations for parents (to keep THEM in check lol). Seems the team has really lost enthusiasm for going to parks and everything was negative -of course with backstory that contributes to atmosphere maybe understandable.

There’s also almost NO discussion of going with older kids or teens.

Love the idea of rotating through the various parts of the boards : camping, offsite, greater Orlando, just the resorts etc.

And there’s almost NO discussion of any airport other than MCO. How about Daytona beach? Sanford? What about transportation to/from those places? Renting cars? Sanford is place we fly into most often with our local budget airline. So much easier to navigate than MCO and renting car there is pretty painless too.

One of my fave content creators did a monorail crawl progressive dinner type thing where she asked the CM what the most popular item and what their fave item was on the menu (for the category they were doing at that resort-ie drinks, apps, entree etc). It’s something hubs and I were inspired to do just a couple weeks ago because of this content. Dis shows need some fun content like this too

I used to love the park bench series. No one else did anything like that. At least, not that I found.

Non-narrated, ambient pov walking tours would be fantastic, too.

I also enjoy snippets of Disney World past. A 'dip into the vaults' segment would be nice. ...River Country; the original Disney Village; long-lost attractions and eateries; Discovery Island; old resort decor and themes etc. etc. etc.

I'm not looking to ignore the way recent execs have 'chipped away' at the WDW experience. I'd like a balance of constructive criticism, on the one hand and plenty of encouragement and enthusiasm on the other.

And, I always, appreciate puns, wit and goofiness!

Last edited:
I was pretty shocked by some of the moderating and, especially, the idea that mods can edit other people's posts.
This is not unique to this site. I am a moderator for another discussion forum (not Disney-related). I can edit posts. The only time I do is to remove content that isn't allowed on the site. I never change anyone's words although I do have that ability. I don't even correct spelling mistakes even though they drive me crazy. So I think it's pretty normal for moderators to have editing capability.

This is not unique to this site. I am a moderator for another discussion forum (not Disney-related). I can edit posts. The only time I do is to remove content that isn't allowed on the site. I never change anyone's words although I do have that ability. I don't even correct spelling mistakes even though they drive me crazy. So I think it's pretty normal for moderators to have editing capability.
Thanks for responding.

It sounds like it hinges on fair and consistent moderating, then.

I'd really want to correct spelling mistakes, too!!! ;)

I would like to see a video of resort hopping and showing all the things each resort offers. Like the Tye dying at Wilderness lodge or the club at BLT. Just to give an insight on things families can do outside the parks.

I would like less complaining and more explaining. Some people have never been and it would be helpful. There are a couple of vloggers I like because they are happy and excited about being there. We all know the negatives but, if you could set aside one show or some videos that focus on the magic I think you could win a wider audience.

A potential compromise between those wanting a live show and those wanting a pre-recorded would be to use the premiere feature. Then, viewers can still interact in the chat and with members of the panel, it just wouldn't be live

I agree with you on this... the panel show really doesn't typically have much, if any, time sensitive information. If they go to a regularly released panel show (live, recorded, whatever) and have it available to be consumed by video or podcast like the current form, I think that's the most important piece of the puzzle to most of us. Time sensitive news could always be addressed with a shorter format news update show once or twice a week.

But it still means information can be out of date. Imagine if it's pre-recorded every time and then released 2 days later, then 2 additional days after that you're listening to it because it was released then, you're getting pretty far out of date.
I think you are overplaying your hand here. According to YT, Episode 1228 has been viewed 38k times. Episode 1227 has been viewed 40k times. Episodes 1224-1226 range from 27k to 35k times. The number of people who watched these episodes live is measured in the hundreds. The vast, vast majority of viewership up until now has been of the pre-recorded variety. Sometimes 2 hours later. Sometimes 2 days later. Sometimes 2 weeks later. I can't recall anyone complaining that the content was stale or out of date. Not once. Trying to argue for keeping up a live podcast just so that 600 people can replicate their past viewing habits seems both impractical and selfish given the time demands that the crew will face going forward. Honestly, the demand for a live podcast seems to all draw back to one word: "I". "I will miss it." "I want it." "I want to chat." It never points toward any sort of objective reasoning, such as "A recorded show is easier for the Podcast Team to produce," or "A recorded show offers the opportunity to splice in other media," or "A pre-recorded show allows for editing out glitches," or "Most people watch the podcasts in pre-recorded format anyway." Instead, it comes off as: "The Chateratti don't want to have their Mickey Bars taken away."

I think you are overplaying your hand here. According to YT, Episode 1228 has been viewed 38k times. Episode 1227 has been viewed 40k times. Episodes 1224-1226 range from 27k to 35k times. The number of people who watched these episodes live is measured in the hundreds. The vast, vast majority of viewership up until now has been of the pre-recorded variety. Sometimes 2 hours later. Sometimes 2 days later. Sometimes 2 weeks later. I can't recall anyone complaining that the content was stale or out of date. Not once. Trying to argue for keeping up a live podcast just so that 600 people can replicate their past viewing habits seems both impractical and selfish given the time demands that the crew will face going forward. Honestly, the demand for a live podcast seems to all draw back to one word: "I". "I will miss it." "I want it." "I want to chat." It never points toward any sort of objective reasoning, such as "A recorded show is easier for the Podcast Team to produce," or "A recorded show offers the opportunity to splice in other media," or "A pre-recorded show allows for editing out glitches," or "Most people watch the podcasts in pre-recorded format anyway." Instead, it comes off as: "The Chateratti don't want to have their Mickey Bars taken away."
What hand? The one where I say what I'd like or wouldn't like? You had your say, is it not okay to have mine? Overplaying? I'm responding to people quoting me, I apologize if you find that to be an issue to have a dialogue with people.

I already said I don't use the chat, I watched for other reasons but I think you should be less insulting towards that other poster. We all come to the table with different likes and not likes. What point is this thread if someone just degrades someone else's opinion like you are? And you're laying that on thick with calling people selfish now twice and sarcastically mentioning the chat with the mickey bars as well as pretty much most of your comment above. I know you've rejoined the DIS but you also seem very vocal about certain things and it may be kinder if you ease up here. Let people say what they want, it's up to the DIS team what they ultimately choose to incorporate or not, not us.

Buc-ee's is a scary place. And I thought the crowds at Disney World were insane. EESH! 🤣 It took us well over a half an hour to get out of the parking lot!
We went to one in June and my wife will never walk into another one again. lol
Haha I'm in New Orleans, so the Alabama Buc-ees is the one we have the most experience with visiting. On one trip I had planned to get my gas there since I knew we'd be stopping anyway. The traffic on the interstate was so bad we wound up stopping at another exit for gas. Once we arrived we had to park in the employee parking lot because the enormous guest parking lot was bumper to bumper. Inside the building was a fiasco. And, this was during COVID when people were still hyper aware of who wasn't wearing masks. I was never too bothered by people's mask etiquette, but in that environment even I was like *** is going on in here.

Haha I'm in New Orleans, so the Alabama Buc-ees is the one we have the most experience with visiting. On one trip I had planned to get my gas there since I knew we'd be stopping anyway. The traffic on the interstate was so bad we wound up stopping at another exit for gas. Once we arrived we had to park in the employee parking lot because the enormous guest parking lot was bumper to bumper. Inside the building was a fiasco. And, this was during COVID when people were still hyper aware of who wasn't wearing masks. I was never too bothered by people's mask etiquette, but in that environment even I was like *** is going on in here.
The first time I went to Buc-ees (the original one outside of San Antonio) I thought it was the biggest tourist trap. LOL

The first time I went to Buc-ees (the original one outside of San Antonio) I thought it was the biggest tourist trap. LOL
We love Buc-ees. It's a must do on the way to and from Florida. Their BBQ sandwich is way better than you would ever expect. It's worth a stop just for that.

What hand? The one where I say what I'd like or wouldn't like?
No. You misread. The one where you say that information will become stale. That is what you are overplaying. Of course you can have your own opinion. The timeliness of the information provided on the podcasts is empirical, not opinion-based. Saying that a two day delay would result in stale information is not an opinion. Rather, it is a factual inaccuracy.

I'm not insulting anyone. I am just sticking to the facts. 500 or so people watch the podcasts "live". 39,500 people watch them recorded. Those are facts. The "need" for a live podcast just isn't there based on the numbers, not based on an opinion.

Last edited:
We love Buc-ees. It's a must do on the way to and from Florida. Their BBQ sandwich is way better than you would ever expect. It's worth a stop just for that.
I stop at the one on the way to Houston most of the time when I am headed that way. But i still think its a tourist trap. :)

No. You misread. The one where you say that information will become stale. That is what you are overplaying. Of course you can have your own opinion. But the timeliness of the information provided on the podcasts is empirical, not opinion-based. Saying that a two day delay would result in stale information is not an opinion. Rather, it is a factual inaccuracy.

I'm not insulting anyone. I am just sticking to the facts. 500 or so people watch the podcasts "live". 39,500 people watch them recorded. Those are facts. The "need" for a live podcast just isn't there based on the numbers, not based on an opinion.
You are def. insulting people
selfish and a really poor reason

Trying to argue for keeping up a live podcast just so that 600 people can replicate their past viewing habits seems both impractical and selfish given the time demands that the crew will face going forward.

"I". "I will miss it." "I want it." "I want to chat." It never points toward any sort of objective reasoning, such as "A recorded show is easier for the Podcast Team to produce,"

"The Chateratti don't want to have their Mickey Bars taken away."

Geez all the poster did was give their opinion, same as anyone else. And it's what was requested of posters especially after the Disappointed thread was closed and we were specifically directed here to share our thoughts.

And for that matter when you said I'm allowed my opinion and follow it up with "But" you're saying the opposite.

So yes, I would suggest easing up. You're not any more "right" than someone else, nor am I. I apologize for quoting you, that was my bad. I'll continue to share thoughts but would like to move on from this particular discussion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter