What would you like to see in the new era?

Since the shows are an ad for the travel company maybe more focus on pertinent info for travelers than Disney politics. When the podcast first started I felt like the show was SO helpful for trip planning.

I loved The Trip! Maybe a remote show with mama contributors who live out of state giving real life travel tips, Dis with kids tips, date night at Disney, what to wear etc. That would be an excellent way to add diversity of backgrounds too. I am so excited to see where the team takes the show, the travel company, & the boards. I have a feeling their attitudes about the park/life are going to be much improved.

While we are working on the branding and flagship content, we will continue to produce some of our current content like dining reviews and the Universal Show, and maybe even bring back a show like Off the Rails AND produce more and better content from inside the theme parks.
Keep this in mind though Craig, out of sight...out of mind. The longer the team waits to put out the Tuesday shows the more audience will be conditioned not to be looking for it. I know it will take time to build another studio somewhere, but please don't wait too long to put out Tuesday shows. It is really what differentiates the Dis Unplugged from other Vloggers. Almost all are doing dining reviews now, as well as the EPCOT festival foods, but no one else really has a round table discussion about Disney.
Best of luck to you and the rest of the team in getting the ship moving in the right direction.

I know it will take time to build another studio somewhere,
One way to read Craig’s statement is that now that the reason for vacating Pete’s house has been revealed as a ruse, the team is seriously re-thinking whether it even makes sense to incur the cost and effort of building out a new studio. I doubt that any current team member has both the space and desire to do what Pete did and dedicate a large portion of their home for such a project. John and Kevin are the only possibility and do you really see that happening? That means renting out space. Is it worth it?

I loved Off the Rails, so that would always be nice to see come back, but I would also really love to see some more in-park videos. I think it would be great to see a series where different members of the team get to show/tell us how touring strategies vary depending on personal situations, times of year, etc.
  • For instance, a video focused on what it's like to travel with someone in a wheelchair/scooter - the accessibility of various rides and shows, minimizing walking while still doing most major attractions, tips to make things easier, etc.
  • Another episode could look at how park hopping can (sometimes) help you maximize your time if you are trying to squeeze as much as possible into just two or three days, and how to account for the current park hopping time restraints.
  • Any of the team members who have children could also talk about how that affects their touring - I would never expect any of the kids to be put on camera, but it would be great to hear the parents talk about how they plan and then execute those plans - stroller tips, pacing with little legs, best family bathrooms, etc.
  • As we get closer to the holidays, it might be nice to see a video focused on resort hopping to see the various decorations and food treats that each resort offers. I think this could even build off from the way that Ryno does his merch videos!
  • Seeing what a difference it can make for resort guests entering the parks earlier than non-resort guests could make a great mini-series, especially if you could also create a couple of videos that look at what it's like for deluxe resort guests who get extra evening hours at MK and Epcot (and sometimes even DHS).

Look at the topics on the Disboards and rotate them into the show with"experts", like a segment on DISabilities, camping, travel (driving, train, flying) Orlando offsite hotels and attractions, combine some Universal too. Walk through the app-what is necessary vs add-ons like Genie+.

Look at the topics on the Disboards and rotate them into the show with"experts", like a segment on DISabilities, camping, travel (driving, train, flying) Orlando offsite hotels and attractions, combine some Universal too. Walk through the app-what is necessary vs add-ons like Genie+.
I like this idea, especially the Fort Wilderness forum. I don’t know if anyone on the board (edited to explain I meant the dis unplugged crew) has camping/RV’ing experience, but it would be interesting if they had an entire video on just that alone. I know the Fort Wilderness topic was actually a great resource for us when we first started out camping in a leaky tent, then later when we tried to back into a site with our RV for the first time :) Memories! I could see Ryno and Craig camping in a tent for a couple nights. I’d get a kick outta that ;)

Someone raised a question to me and it made me think. Do we even need a Tuesday show? Honestly it took me 2 seconds to admit I don’t think so. i enjoy Craig popping a video here and there telling us the news in his home office when things happen. There is so much old news that we get by having to wait for Tuesdays. I think we all have had enough preaching to last a lifetime. We know what is wrong in the parks just by going there. The employees have come to resent their jobs, hate Disney (at least it seems like it) and a lot of people had unsubscribed before all this came out because of it. I would revamp everything including getting rid of Tuesdays. I would definitely try to bring some new people and some old favorites back to do solo shows and shows in the park. I would have people do what they like best because that’s what makes the best content. I think we often dislike people probably because they are doing things they hate and are not suited to. It sounds like in the past Pete pushed people in positions that they shouldn’t have had and it definitely showed. A lot of us have complained at politics being preached no matter if it agreed with our values or not. I think it happened way before DeSantis looking back but it was more frequent lately because the crew had very little news to cover and they were trying to fill an hour. anyway i vote to leave a Tuesday show behind with Felicia 👋👋

I don’t agree with the “no Tuesday” factions. I liked the regularity, and often looked forward to that time slot. Well, more the dependability than that particular day, it could be on a Wednesday. Whatever day worked best for the crew. I also looked forward to Friday dining shows, for that matter. So I’m in the “yes Tuesday” camp.

There was conversation earlier in regard to Craig’s comment about being told to think of the audience being just one person. I responded to someone who was surprised by it and criticized PW, but both of our posts were deleted so I’ll write it again here.

When I was writing for the site and blog, I was told the same thing and to only be focused on what he liked as far as content went (audience of one).

Attachments

• C5C41BCA-F9FE-4923-8B5A-6A194018DDAF.jpeg
    C5C41BCA-F9FE-4923-8B5A-6A194018DDAF.jpeg
    31.2 KB · Views: 90
There was conversation earlier in regard to Craig’s comment about being told to think of the audience being just one person. I responded to someone who was surprised by it and criticized PW, but both of our posts were deleted so I’ll write it again here.

When I was writing for the site and blog, I was told the same thing and to only be focused on what he liked as far as content went (audience of one).
This is ridiculous. Your original post had nothing offensive in it, nor did it break any "rules". You simply backed up Craig's statement with your own experience.

While I do believe that Craig is sincere in his efforts to reboot the YouTube channel, my hopes for any meaningful change on these boards diminish by the day.

Last edited:
This is ridiculous. Your original post had nothing offensive in it, nor did it break any "rules". You simply backed up Craig's statement with your own experience.

While I do believe that Craig is sincere in his efforts to reboot the YouTube channel, my hopes for any meaningful change on these boards diminish by the day.
I don’t know what was deleted on this post but I agree with you. I have never reported anyone on these boards before yesterday. It was a comment about not getting consent and someone made a joke about not being able to have sex again if they had to. It’s still up. The post that are being deleted are mundane. Whatever the the mods want to push is what stays up and what they don’t want to gets deleted it seems. I have always been a casual person on here. Looking at trip reports and this is my first experience of dealing with anything else. I was definitely naive about everyone and everything. @WebmasterCorey where‘s the change?

Poster you responded to was given points and temporarily not allowed to post it looks like.

I loved Off the Rails, so that would always be nice to see come back, but I would also really love to see some more in-park videos. I think it would be great to see a series where different members of the team get to show/tell us how touring strategies vary depending on personal situations, times of year, etc.
  • For instance, a video focused on what it's like to travel with someone in a wheelchair/scooter - the accessibility of various rides and shows, minimizing walking while still doing most major attractions, tips to make things easier, etc.
  • Another episode could look at how park hopping can (sometimes) help you maximize your time if you are trying to squeeze as much as possible into just two or three days, and how to account for the current park hopping time restraints.
  • Any of the team members who have children could also talk about how that affects their touring - I would never expect any of the kids to be put on camera, but it would be great to hear the parents talk about how they plan and then execute those plans - stroller tips, pacing with little legs, best family bathrooms, etc.
  • As we get closer to the holidays, it might be nice to see a video focused on resort hopping to see the various decorations and food treats that each resort offers. I think this could even build off from the way that Ryno does his merch videos!
  • Seeing what a difference it can make for resort guests entering the parks earlier than non-resort guests could make a great mini-series, especially if you could also create a couple of videos that look at what it's like for deluxe resort guests who get extra evening hours at MK and Epcot (and sometimes even DHS).
These are great ideas!
I don’t agree with the “no Tuesday” factions. I liked the regularity, and often looked forward to that time slot. Well, more the dependability than that particular day, it could be on a Wednesday. Whatever day worked best for the crew. I also looked forward to Friday dining shows, for that matter. So I’m in the “yes Tuesday” camp.
I’m with you. I look forward to the live show every week and enjoy the place to chat along in real time with people who share an interest. None of my friends are into the Disney Parks so I enjoy that outlet as a chance to connect with other fans and also send comments to the cast in real time.

I also really like the short News updates that Craig does for breaking news.

I don’t know what was deleted on this post but I agree with you. I have never reported anyone on these boards before yesterday. It was a comment about not getting consent and someone made a joke about not being able to have sex again if they had to. It’s still up. The post that are being deleted are mundane. Whatever the the mods want to push is what stays up and what they don’t want to gets deleted it seems. I have always been a casual person on here. Looking at trip reports and this is my first experience of dealing with anything else. I was definitely naive about everyone and everything. @WebmasterCorey where‘s the change?

Poster you responded to was given points and temporarily not allowed to post it looks like.

It said mine was deleted due to the poster I quoted having their post deleted. I remember what theirs said, and it did attempt to go around the profanity rule; I can accept deleting mine as a result. However, and that’s a BIG however, if a webmaster went around the profanity filter and her post is still up, this poster’s should be too.

please don't wait too long to put out Tuesday shows. It is really what differentiates the Dis Unplugged from other Vloggers. Almost all are doing dining reviews now, as well as the EPCOT festival foods, but no one else really has a round table discussion about Disney.
Best of luck

I am solidly in this camp as well. YT is now littered with vloggers reviewing restaurants and the latest snacks, wdwinfo has taken the lead on news, but the insightful and humorous roundtable discussion has been the differentiator of this channel.

We do not need a fancy studio - we really don't even get to see much of it anyways. The equipment is already there, and any backdrop, real or fake, would suffice just fine.

What is more important - is recognizing that an hour-long roundtable discussion needs very engaging personalities to sustain as a weekly show. I'd like to see some talent added (or re-added) to the group. It would even be interesting to bring on a rotating slate of other Disney vloggers as guests. I know they are somewhat in competition, but these vloggers would do it for the exposure and it would shake things up/help drive views for the channel. It would also give The DIS a bit of gravitas in the community to be the show on which these content creators go to connect and discuss detailed topics, etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter