What Would You Change?

SanFranciscan

DIS Veteran
My husband and I were at Walt Disney World last month. You all were nice to us while we were there, and I am sure that sometimes we weren't nice at all because we arrived already frustrated by things that Disney Corporation had no control over. The Lynx transit system was the bane of our existence!

What I would like to know is what among the things that Disney can control would you all like to see the company change. I think that Disney vacations might be one of those things that we, as consumers, may expect too much from, much like the Christmas holiday season now approaching or the weddings that turn such nice women into Bridezillas. What do you think would be a nice way to add some magic to Disney vacations and therefore perhaps to your jobs? Certainly there are at least a few people who would complain if their money was wrinkled after they had just been given a million dollars in cash tax-free so we aren't talking about such tourists, just average ones.

Let's see if I can find a way to word what I want to know because my question is clear to me.

I realize that Disney has to turn a profit, but how workers feel about their workplace matters to me. For example, I no longer shop a chain that makes me feel like I could get the workers into trouble if I don't buy above a certain dollar amount or number of items. I could almost hear the workers being lectured on how they should have handled me differently if I got what I came for and got out, which is how I typically shop because I don't like to browse for long periods. Feeling like they were probably being scolded for what I didn't buy made me feel rather sad.

Disney's marketing department does an excellent job. I watch Disney advertisements when I am not planning a Disney trip because they are so heartwarming. My husband says that I am just too sensitive and must learn that I am not responsible for the world's happiness, but I wonder if we tourists arrive with expectations that are just too high. Christmas, weddings, and Disney vacations are things that many people can get sooo emotional about.

Is there anything you would change as Disney workers if you could so that we clientele felt that Disney was special, "magical" perhaps since Disney seems to like this term, but allowed the public to realize that you all are people and not geanies in a bottle. As charmed as I am by the marketing of Disney, I do wonder what it must feel like for those of you who have daily contact with we Disney tourists to have to live up to Disney's promises.

Did I make sense this time?

i think they do already alot for the guest, but they can go a little easy on the "rules" about the things you get to do in private property( can't really tell you right now) so when we do tell you , you can't do this or that you don't get so mad at the cm who is telling you. we don't make the rules we just enforsed them!

I do thank the cast members for their damage control for things that weren't their fault.

I also got some really good information resulting from my posts here. Naturally it's off the record. People with something to say to me were a little uneasy at first because they basically fell into two camps. Management wondered whether I was an outside aggitator for labor unions. I am not. Labor wondered whether I was an industrial spy. I am not.

One former cast member at Disneyland said that he didn't understand why Disneyland was called the happiest place on earth when it seemed to him to be the unhappiest place on earth because guests complained so much. I just wondered whether our expectations of Disney are just too high. How many families expecting this complete Norman Rockwell scene at Thanksgiving this week are going to be in battle with their families by day's end? Maybe the problem is not that their brother-in-law is an idiot but that they expect him to be more perfect than any other day.

i think they do already alot for the guest, but they can go a little easy on the "rules" about the things you get to do in private property( can't really tell you right now) so when we do tell you , you can't do this or that you don't get so mad at the cm who is telling you. we don't make the rules we just enforsed them!

huh? another fact filled post....:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter