What service do you use to get from Universal hotel to Disney hotel ? (Can you use Minnie Van?)

oceanmarina

DIS Veteran
Hi all. We are doing a split stay in August. We are starting our trip at Universal Portofino (first time ever at Universal, parks or hotels). Then we are staying at the Swan for a few days.

Just curious what people use for transportation to get from universal to a Disney hotel. And how much it costs.

Also wondering if the Minnie Van is available for that.

Thanks so much for any feedback , Marina

Some people look at www.RideGuru.com to get an idea of pricing.

You could use Uber or Lyft. You can put the apps on your phone, change your pick-up location to PBH, and put in Swan as your drop off, to see what pricing might look like. But it can change.

Some people use taxis.

Some people use a towncar service.

You can't take a Minnie Van between Universal property and Disney property.

From the Disney website:
Minnie Van Service provides service to and from select locations within Walt Disney World Resort, including any hotel in the Disney Resorts Collection.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/minnie-van-service/

Edited to add:
When you click on Disney Resorts Collection, you get this list:
Which Walt Disney World Resort hotels are considered Disney Resort hotels and make up the Disney Resorts Collection?
A:
There are currently more than 25 Disney Resort hotels to choose from in the Disney Resorts Collection, from budget-conscious accommodations to our luxurious deluxe Resort hotels, including:

Last edited:

We use Uber/Lyft and it ran around $20-$25 each way the last few trips. Those were just day trips to Universal from Pop Century so no luggage or anything. We're heading back next month and it will be our first time staying at a Universal hotel but we still plan to Uber/Lyft from Royal Pacific to Pop. It's cheaper than the car service we looked into and we don't know how long we'll be at the parks on our departure day and didn't want to be locked into a pick up time.

I use Uber/Lyft. I don’t think Minnie Vans operate off property other than the airport, even if they did I wouldn’t pay the premium for a minnie van compared to a normal Lyft.

Hi all. We are doing a split stay in August. We are starting our trip at Universal Portofino (first time ever at Universal, parks or hotels). Then we are staying at the Swan for a few days
I'm not sure MV services the Swan, I know they don't service Umiversal Hotels.

Rideguru only displays basic ride share fares. It ignores price gouging, also called dynamic pricing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter