• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What luck... But not the good kind... (Just venting)

In the brief time that the Modify reservation button worked on the new version of the web site, you were able to modify a reservation without losing the existing reservation. The system would search for availability. If something was available, you could select it and replace the existing reservation. I tried it a few times. Once, I didn't change the reservation and didn't lose my existing reservation. Another time, I did switch the reservation. It used the points for the existing reservation for my new reservation.

So, the modify reservation was working they way is should at one point. Hopefully, it will get there again.

Disney does not want you to modify reservations last minute. It causes openings in the resort you were leaving that they may not be able to sell/rent outside of DVC.

With the way Disney ADR and Fast Passes work it has become a planning effort at least 6 months out. If you are DVC worried about resort reservation windows it becomes a 7 month of 11 month event.

I can't see them making a tool to make it easy for you to split your stay up last minute, just not going to happen.

Member Services put a hold on my two nights at AKVs-CL for me while I cancelled out the reservation online at the Poly that I already had to free up the points I needed for that reservation. Now this was back in April of this year, I think. But the CM most certainly did this for me because he told me he was. I don't think I would have landed those two nights if he hadn't done it. When that Club Level studio was released from "maintenance" that day it was like a circus just trying to get a few days of the entire month of June. But he kept telling me, go ahead and cancel the Poly reservation, I have the AKV-CL held for you.

Member Services put a hold on my two nights at AKVs-CL for me while I cancelled out the reservation online at the Poly that I already had to free up the points I needed for that reservation. Now this was back in April of this year, I think. But the CM most certainly did this for me because he told me he was. I don't think I would have landed those two nights if he hadn't done it. When that Club Level studio was released from "maintenance" that day it was like a circus just trying to get a few days of the entire month of June. But he kept telling me, go ahead and cancel the Poly reservation, I have the AKV-CL held for you.

The CM that you were talking to may have been a team line agent or an agent that had holding ability. It seems that not all CM's have that ability.

:earsboy: Bill

The CM that you were talking to may have been a team line agent or an agent that had holding ability. It seems that not all CM's have that ability.

:earsboy: Bill
Right, I am thinking it was. But Disney really does need to do something in regards to people losing their current reservation in order to change it to something else. But maybe TheGecko is right with them not wanting you to change your reservation that much or at the last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter