What kind of food would you like to see at Disney restaurants?

I'd like to see a good fried burger place. Not microwave, not premade. I want a hot, greasy burger. Can't get that a Beaches and Cream. Can't get that at any of the restaurants (all are premade and microwaved). With homemade fries. I guess I want Five Guys at WDW.

I've watched them cook burgers NOT in a microwave at Beaches & Cream. They may be from frozen patties, but they are not microwaved.

1) I do not se this happening.
2) There are not enough vegetarians/vegans (or those concerned with "sustainables") to support a restaurant at WDW.
3) WDW needs mass appeal and mass patronage.
4) Dollar-per-square-foot is the key, even in eateries.
5) I doubt such could/would happen.

I tend to agree with this. And as much as I can enjoy a vegetarian meal we wouldn't be able to dine in a vegetarian restaurant as our 3 children have allergies that restrict them to a very meat and potatoes sort of diet. I think that is another issue with limiting a restaurant to all vegetarian food. It can be much trickier to accommodate food allergies and still offer a well rounded meal. Not your standard dairy or gluten allergy perhaps but the more complex ones.

A while back someone started a thread asking why they don't have an all day breakfast place. That would be something I'd love to see. Even if it was diner style and offered both breakfast and lunch/dinner casual meals I think it would be great. I love breakfast foods, but am rarely interested in getting up even earlier to make a morning ADR or to miss out on the slower times for rides.

I've watched them cook burgers NOT in a microwave at Beaches & Cream. They may be from frozen patties, but they are not microwaved.

You are so correct - was going to reply to that poster also. The grill is right there - can easily see no microwave involved! :)

I'd like to see a good fried burger place. Not microwave, not premade. I want a hot, greasy burger. Can't get that a Beaches and Cream. Can't get that at any of the restaurants (all are premade and microwaved). With homemade fries. I guess I want Five Guys at WDW.
If you want a really great burger at WDW that is fresh & not from a frozen patty, get yourself over to Shula's at the Swan!

If you want a really great burger at WDW that is fresh & not from a frozen patty, get yourself over to Shula's at the Swan!
Shula's is at the Dolphin, not the Swan.
Shula's Steakhouse at this location does not serve hamburgers. Shula burgers is a separate stand alone restaurant not located anywhere on WDW property.

Shula's is at the Dolphin, not the Swan.
Shula's Steakhouse at this location does not serve hamburgers. Shula burgers is a separate stand alone restaurant not located anywhere on WDW property.
Dolphin not Swan, my bad. Swolphin it is! And yes, they DO serve amazing burgers at this location in their lounge area. Totally different than the Shula burger joint - I'm talkin Shula's Steakhouse, which happens to be our go to restaurant at WDW.

The hamburgers at D-Luxe Burger at Disney Springs are hand made. The El Diablo is beef mixed with Chorizo and is very "greasey" but very good.

The America pavilion restaurant in Epcot is a disgrace, imho. I'd like to see a variety of regional specialties- Southern grits, etc.; NY Bagels; northeastern and Gulf coast seafood; Alaskan salmon; midwestern grass-fed beef, etc. The current offerings are such a disappointment.

AND I really wish there was a baked potato bar somewhere. PLEASE!!

More vegetables that are cooked properly--maybe some garlic and oil instead of laden with butter or just steamed mush. Maybe some roasted vegetables. More salads that are not swimming in dressing and not laden with croutons.

YES PLEASE!

Seriously, a brazilian steakhouse]

Yes on this too!

I would like to see some low carb options. It should be easy to do.

OMG. Where can I sign up to petition for this?!

A while back someone started a thread asking why they don't have an all day breakfast place. That would be something I'd love to see. Even if it was diner style and offered both breakfast and lunch/dinner casual meals I think it would be great. I love breakfast foods, but am rarely interested in getting up even earlier to make a morning ADR or to miss out on the slower times for rides.
I'm also totally behind this one.

So many great ideas here!

Last edited:
I think I would like to see more healthy salad offerings in QS locations and healthy pasta options at TS restaurants. I typically see Disney offering some type of Caesar salad or a creamy dressing based salad at most QS. In TS restaurants the pasta option is usually some cream sauce. I'm sure Disney could accomodate with non-cream options, but it'd be nice if there was a better variety overall.

good pizza.

also agree don't hold your breath on the vegetarian/organic restaurant. Organic is expensive and vegetarians are still a minority.

I would love to see the World Showcase restaurants go back to a more authentic and expansive menu and have separate lunch & dinner offerings. If this means have a set or limited menu for the dining plans (one factor in the watered down menus we have today), I'm all for it. I remember when DD was small, she wanted both the escargot and frogs legs appetizers at Les Chefs de France. I remember the Grand Marnier crepes, so yummy. It makes me sad that not only are some of those choices gone, but they added boring kids meals like chicken fingers almost everywhere. How are kids going to learn to appreciate other cultures if they eat nothing but the stuff they get at home? Picky kids often grow up to be picky adults. I would hate to see the adult menus changed the way the kids meals did.

I remember really enjoying Akershus when it was not a princess site and the food was better. I understand that families like the character meals, but why can't they have one day a week or a meal a day without the princess or character stuff? For example, Akershus can trade off with another restaurant like Morocco so there is always something going on.

I would love to see the addition of a few more countries with their unique cuisines such as Greece, Spain, Poland maybe Brazil with a great Brazilian steakhouse.

I think I would like to see more healthy salad offerings in QS locations and healthy pasta options at TS restaurants. I typically see Disney offering some type of Caesar salad or a creamy dressing based salad at most QS. In TS restaurants the pasta option is usually some cream sauce. I'm sure Disney could accomodate with non-cream options, but it'd be nice if there was a better variety overall.
Please no more Caesar salad at QS. (Unless it is a packet-only dressing customers apply). Caesar dressing is made with anchovies.
No need to add to hidden fish allergens. In a mass-produced salad.

I had a Caesar salad in another country (a real one, not an Epcot country) and it was full of whole anchovies. I know they're an ingredient but I wasn't expecting whole ones.

all I ask for is quality food. if i'm paying $40 for steak, serve $40 steak. not $15 outback special steak.

Please no more Caesar salad at QS. (Unless it is a packet-only dressing customers apply). Caesar dressing is made with anchovies.
No need to add to hidden fish allergens. In a mass-produced salad.

Can't tell if you're agreeing or disagreeing. To clarify, I am asking for NO MORE Caesar salad as well. I'm sick of creamy based dressings everywhere. Also, I had no idea Disney put anchovies in their caesar dressing....I thought mass produced salads rarely had anchovy in it unless you got it at a fancy restaurant. But anyway, yes please no more to caesar lol.

all I ask for is quality food. if i'm paying $40 for steak, serve $40 steak. not $15 outback special steak.
We're always going to pay a lot more for the location, just like we'll pay a lot more for a house on a beach in Hawaii as compared to if that same exact house was in the middle of nowhere with nothing but tumbleweeds for scenery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter