What is your opinion on the United Kingdom?

Most years, yes. We take our kids out for vacations too.
They are getting old enough now that I was questioning whether we should continue, but after the past year of "school" I'm back to thinking they won't miss much by being out for a week.

Many years, we had presidents week off, so we’d drive from NJ to florida to visit the grandparents sunbirding, it was not fun, until WDW opened and we’d go there too.

No, my parents never went anywhere on vacation. My first vacation was my honeymoon to WDW when I got married almost 40 years ago.

Yes. I remember going to the mount airy lodge in the early 80’s and having to read the little prince while I was there. Ugh!

A few times. But we didn’t do big trips in the 70s and 80s like people do now.
There are 3 trips I can recall missing school for.

I'm sure they did, yes as they took us on a lot of trips. But frankly I don't really recall specifics all these years later!
As parents we took our kids out of school for vacations and they never had a issue with it until High School. At that point it
became more difficult for them to keep up and keep current with the school work so we limited trips to when they were out of school for those 5 years, plus we were paying tuition so that put a temporary damper on big trip finances.

I'm taking my daughter out this fall for a week to go to DW for her Sweet 16. She will miss classwork and maybe a game or two of her high school field hockey season. I'm doing it because I personally can not handle the summer heat and crowds. I'm grateful to have an opportunity of a week at Disney with mom instead of some big nighttime party that feels too much like adulthood to me. It's my perogative as a parent. And this past year has taught us that nothing is guaranteed, "waiting and going at a better time" may not happen". Enjoy life when you can.

Sadly, last Christmas was 100% porch-drop as we were not allowed to have any social gatherings, even outdoors. My BFF and I porch-dropped complete festive feasts to 5 families we know. Doing it was a joy and basically salvaged what was otherwise a pretty dismal season. :goodvibes

We've also done countless drive-by celebrations for birthdays, anniversaries and most recently this weekend a complete drive-by wedding. The saddest one though was drive-by condolences when a loved one's father died. Boy, am I ready for life to return to normal.
We had a lot of drive by wakes here, the saddest one I know of was a young mother in her 30’s (cancer, not covid), and they had a sheet out so folks could drop cards and Mass cards. Tons of drive by birthdays, learned to distinguish the sirens from actual fires. We had a close friend pass away too young a couple of months ago (my husbands best friend) and we got to go to the wake (with masks), but we gathered the night he died with his family, everyone was vaccinated and it was the first “normal “ we all had (sadly no one except family was permitted to visit him in the hospital).

Sure. Besides just normal package delivery, we've had neighbors leave behind stuff. One had a jar of honey from a local beekeeper. We had a note apologizing for all the noise from a lot of the work they were having done - especially all the noise from the wood chippers being used to shred the trees they just had cut.

Ben and Jerry’s is better than Haagendazs. 🍨

How is that controversial? It's just a mass market brand made in large factories. And strangely enough, Unilever has been pretty much hands off with Ben & Jerry's.

We barely traveled growing up other than to grandparents, so we always did that in the summer time or Christmas break. Other non family trips happened in the summer time as well.

My child who was in first grade this year got a week off of school so I could celebrate 40 in fashion, opting to take the family to Disney World a few days after they returned from winter break 🤣. We planned to go end of school year last year, so I feel like it was only fair.

Not that I recall. It wasn’t like we were traveling all the time and needed to use some of the school days for it too.

I remember going to bed really early when we were young. Then as we got older, bedtime got later and later. The baby of the family always got to just stay up as long as we did and never had those super early bedtimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter