What is your fav "adult" aspect of WDW?

katienyc

Mouseketeer
I would have to say the dining. DH and I LOVE to eat out, and Disney has great places to splurge. We can end up spending ridiculous amounts of $$$ on nice dinners. (Trying to enjoy it before its baby time . . . )

Katie

I have to agree with you. My goal is to dine in every restaurant on property.

My most favorite part is that as an adult, I can "get in touch with my inner child." That is, it's the one place I feel comfortable acting like a kid.

I have to agree with the inner child. It seems that I can act SO excited to see Cinderella, and only the people around me can understand that sheer excitement.
I also love the education that I receive from the World showcase. I don't know if I will ever get the chance to visit some of those countries, and I think that I can appreciate it more now than I could of as a child.
Jo

DW and I work hard all year so WDW is the greatest vacation. When we enter the "property" we are instantly on vacation and leave the other stuff behind.

I think my favorite part is that I don't have to really "be" an adult. I have nowhere to be, nothing that has to be done and best of all - no driving myself anywhere. :)

There's nothing better than that feeling when you finally check in and stand in your room saying to yourself "I don't have to be anywhere and I don't have to do a thing!". (on top of that I don't care what I'm wearing down there, funny hats, pixie dust in my hair, etc...who cares, it's Disney!)

Originally posted by KarenNY

I'm getting close to that goal, as I try to dine at one "new to me"
restaurant on each trip. I have a tendency to revisit my favorite
places, but I usually manage to squeeze something "new" in.
I also want to spend at least one night at each resort, and I
only have a few that I haven't stayed in at this point. :)

In May, my "new to me" place was Fresh at the Dolphin. I had
a nice breakfast there. Todd English's bluezoo will be on my
"new to me" plan for December, as I don't have any regular
meals planned for my November trip during the Food and Wine
Festival!

I still want to have sushi at Kimono's, but I never seem to manage
time for it. I've had sushi at Matsu No Ma Lounge and Wolfgang
Puck Cafe sushi bar, so one trip I'm sure I'll get to Kimono's. :)

There are certain places I just won't want to touch with a ten
foot....fork. Nine Dragons and Alfredo's both don't appeal to me.
The first because it's a rotten value, and the second because
it smelled funky when I went there for a cooking demo during
last year's F&WF. I thought the place smelled like "Eau de Wet
Dog". Ick.

I've been to most restaurants at the resorts, but there are a
couple of places at Downtown Disney I haven't dined in, either.
I realize that I also skip Planet Hollywood and Rainforest Cafe
simply because I don't want to eat at a restaurant on vacation
when I have that same restaurant chain available in Chicago!

I'm curious to which restaurants I have left!

Magic Kingdom:
Tony's Town Square
Plaza Restaurant

Epcot:
Tempura Kiku
(And I won't eat at Nine Dragons or Alfredo's, so I
won't count them!)

Disney-MGM Studios and Animal Kingdom: Done all the biggies!
(Rainforest exemption, though....won't eat there.)

Caribbean Beach:
Shutters

Contemporary:
Concourse Steakhouse

Coronado Springs:
Maya Grill

Dolphin:
Shula's Steakhouse
Todd English's bluezoo

Swan:
Kimono's (just gotta have sushi!)

Downtown Disney:
Fulton's Crabhouse
Cap'n Jacks (heard bad stuff about this place; might put it in the
same category as Nine Dragons and Alfredo's.)
And the chain restaurants.....exempt, won't eat there.

As for everything else, if it's not listed, I've eaten there. :)
Basically, since I mentally crossed off Cap'n Jack's, too....there are
10 on my list that I need to conquer. Cool.

Gosh. I used to be the one way, now I'm the other way. :teeth:

What I mean is that my wife and I, as frequent adult (only) visitors to WDW, used to focus much of our trip on the dining. We have whole albums of photos of the meals we ate!
:crazy:

We actually used these photos to demonstrate the difference in our lives since we've gotten fit, since now we have albums of photos that show us, decked out in our hiking gear, at the top of a mountain somewhere. ::yes::

While we don't get much of the rugged-outdoors experience out of WDW, what we get is that feeding of the inner child. A couple of years ago I remember seeing Tapestry of Nations for the last time. We had seen it about a dozen times by then, I think. We loved it, quite passionately mind you. Of course, most people who see it each night are seeing it for the first time. So the folks around us were a bit amused, to say the least, to see us so readily familiar with it, even to knowing the words ;). They got quite a show after the parade ended and everyone was shuffling out of the park to the exit music, with my wife and I, now two relatively energetic middle-agers, dancing to the music on the promenade in Italy.

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Originally posted by KarenNY

So many restaurants, so little time.

Originally posted by OKW Lover
So many restaurants, so little time.

I think I remember on the Food Network WDW special that there were 500 eateries at WDW. That's got me thinking too-how many of them have I eaten at and how many left?

BriarRosie,
You must go to Tony's! I know alot of people pooh-pooh it, but we went there for dinner and loved it. We're trying it for lunch this time coming up, but I think the dinner menu appeals to me more. I've heard that you can try to get a PS during the Spectromagic parade and ask for a window seat. Anyone heard of that?

Heidi

I am very into sit-down dining at WDW (Yaaaay, <I>Jiko</I>!) so I guess that is my fave "adult" aspect. But like a few others here, my <I>favorite</I> thing at WDW, as a happy adult who never had kids :teeth: , is feeling like a care-free, wide-eyed, awestruck child again! I carry my dressed-up <I>Pal Mickey</I>, ride everything from the <I>Carousel</I> to <I>Mission:Space</I>, hug ALL the furry characters and even love to "play" a bit (See pic below). But yes, I do act like an "adult" when at a non-character dining experience. ;)

Inner child! Yeah--I love forming new "childhood" memories :) . Other than that, DH and I love walking from cojntry to country in Epcot, sipping a glass or 2 of wine or beer, and watching the entertainment in the different countries (Alberta Bound or Off Kilter in Canada, the belly dancer and the band in Morocco, The British Invasion in England, etc.).

Without a doubt, Epcot World Showcase and dining in WDW. I have had great meals at many Epcot "countries", and still have quite a few to sample, not to mention all the other restaurants elsewhere....

Actually, you can send me a message here on DIS. Just click the PM button below.

I just love the option to be an "adult" or to be a "child."

It is almost like the Vegas logo, "How I act in Disney, stays in Disney."

CBpirate:

Originally posted by brack
DW and I work hard all year so WDW is the greatest vacation. When we enter the "property" we are instantly on vacation and leave the other stuff behind.

ITA! DH and I love a week of Disney therapy!

Just wanted to say thank you to "bicker" for answering my questions! (and for showing me there was a PM system here).

For me & DW, I think it's World Showcase. We're looking forward to our Feb. '02 trip so we can spend a lot of time exploring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter