What is your DO or Die odd packing items??

KrzyKtty101

Mouseketeer
My family leaves for our trip is 7 days. I am trying to get a packing list together; however, no matter how through I am, I always feel like I am missing something!!

So what are you must have packing items that most people might not think of?

We are staying at the Portofino Club level. I am assuming they are not like WDW and have large stationary bottles of shampoo and conditioner? Just the small travel sizes? Me and my daughter have long hair, so we almost need one travel size conditioner each LOL.

Obviously masks and sanitizer are new too our list, but what else to add I wonder LOL?

Share inspiration??

Me and my daughter have long hair, so we almost need one travel size conditioner each LOL.
My hair is down to my butt, I feel your pain!!!

Some things that I always like to bring on trips, if I remember...
  • sleep mask (dollar tree has them)
  • one of those small medicine travel size tubes that i can refill from a larger bottle in my suitcase or home and then throw in my purse (and yet the number of times i've remembered to do this is maybe 2)
  • dollar store poncho and/or travel size umbrella that fits in a purse
  • a blanket from home - sometimes a piece of home or an extra blanket makes it easier to sleep. I'll always find room in my suitcase for this.
  • extra pair of shoes to leave in the hotel and flipflops/sandals to take with you - if you go on a water ride or it looks like rain, swap out your shoes with sandals/flip flops first. in the chance you forgot to do that, have extra socks in your bag in the park & then dry sneakers for the next day.
  • plastic baggies or one of those water proof phone bags. My phone is "waterproof" but I got stuck in a torrential downpour at animal kingdom once and water got into the speakers/charging port & my phone took hours to dry out enough to allow the charger to connect.
  • phone charger cord keychain and multiple phone charger battery packs (throw one in your purse & leave the rest in your suitcase. This way, if you forget to charge the pack overnight, you can just fish out a new one in the morning.)
  • Extra phone charger cords & plugs in case one disappears (bonus, i've been able to find at walgreens a portable phone charger that can plug into the wall! and some that do that AND have the charger cord attached)
  • wet ones wipes to throw in a purse or backpack to freshen up mid day after you've started getting sweaty & a mini deodorant.
  • BONUS: reusable straw keychains. I got one of these metal ones at World Market, but there are also silicone versions that fold up into a small case, but those dont often come with the cleaner scrubby. Really great for locations that no longer use straws or only the paper ones. You can also find small utensil sets like these from walmart (i found a set like this at target for $3 in the bullseye playground area, but it was the only one there and included a knife which the walmart one does not) if you have room in a purse or backpack to help cut down on plastic utensils.

• BONUS: reusable straw keychains. I got one of these metal ones at World Market, but there are also silicone versions that fold up into a small case, but those dont often come with the cleaner scrubby. Really great for locations that no longer use straws or only the paper ones. You can also find small utensil sets like these from walmart (i found a set like this at target for $3 in the bullseye playground area, but it was the only one there and included a knife which the walmart one does not) if you have room in a purse or backpack to help cut down on plastic utensils.
Great Idea!!

On that same note we use these things:
cap.jpg

and just fill water bottles all day. Keeps my kids dry-ish.

earplugs for DD, I swear that child got her hearing from Batman. Problem is it's selective. In a hotel she can hear every noise. At home, I can be yelling at the bottom of the stairs and I'll get a faint what? from her room.

Also, ziplock bags and a sharpie. Multiple uses over the years for both. and a trash bag. Line your suitcases with them for travel. 101 uses once you get there.

We bring a plastic bag with Lysol wipes to clean the room. The shampoo and conditioner provided are the small ones. Lanyard - and we bought the holders for the lanyards from amazon, a package of 10. Empty bag in the suitcase for extra things we might buy. Stamps for postcards. Have a wonderful time!!

Little scissors - great for moleskin specifically, and various other things that make you smile because you actually have scissors in the hotel!

Moleskin / bandaids for blisters (moleskin is better, bandaids have more uses - I bring both).

I 2nd a bag (grocery or trash) for separating dirty laundry from clean. And a ziplock or 2 - always handy, especially to have for phone protection on rainy days.

Little scissors - great for moleskin specifically, and various other things that make you smile because you actually have scissors in the hotel!

Moleskin / bandaids for blisters (moleskin is better, bandaids have more uses - I bring both).

I 2nd a bag (grocery or trash) for separating dirty laundry from clean. And a ziplock or 2 - always handy, especially to have for phone protection on rainy days.
I was going to say small scissors, too! They come in so handy - from moleskin (another must) to cutting tags off souvenirs. Make sure they are the kids type with the rounded tips if you are flying, otherwise TSA will take them. I lost the best manicure scissors ever to TSA...

100% moleskin. I always pack a multipurpose tool in my checked bag... has a nail file, pliers, scissors, knife all kinds of stuff on it bought it in the camping section at Walmart, have used more times than I could count I always pack a powerstrip (there are never enough plug in's), for sure lanyards.

My family leaves for our trip is 7 days. I am trying to get a packing list together; however, no matter how through I am, I always feel like I am missing something!!

So what are you must have packing items that most people might not think of?

We are staying at the Portofino Club level. I am assuming they are not like WDW and have large stationary bottles of shampoo and conditioner? Just the small travel sizes? Me and my daughter have long hair, so we almost need one travel size conditioner each LOL.

Obviously masks and sanitizer are new too our list, but what else to add I wonder LOL?

Share inspiration??
Extra shoes/Sandles. After going on water rides it is nice to have a dry pair of shoes to change into

If you need a bandaid in the park most staff members carry stuff in their fanny packs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter