What is your DO or Die odd packing items??

earplugs, sunglasses, sunscreen, lip balm with SPF, refillable/collapsible water bottle, duct tape (i know this one seems weird, but i swear it works awesome for blister or if something needs a cheap/fast little patch repair - i just put a foot or two wrapped around a toiletry bottle or something), take out a little bit of cash - sometimes simpler than using a card, snacks like a box of granola bars or fruit snacks, and a reusable shopping back that packs down into the palm of my hand.

A battery powered votive candle for the dark bathroom
A tiny bottle of air freshener for the stinky bathroom
binder clips for curtains that wont close or to secure chip/snack bags (painters tape also works)
a portable sound machine (never have to worry about a noisy room)
newspaper to stuff in damp shoes overnight (this really works!)

A battery powered votive candle for the dark bathroom
A tiny bottle of air freshener for the stinky bathroom
binder clips for curtains that wont close or to secure chip/snack bags (painters tape also works)
a portable sound machine (never have to worry about a noisy room)
newspaper to stuff in damp shoes overnight (this really works!)
Binder clips is SUCH a good idea!!!

Husband? Is that you? :laughing:

Jokes aside, that’s 100% my MO too.
I don't pack the whole house, but I have been known to take a whole suitcase just of shoes. BUT on my behalf I'd like to point out that it was a week long trip, our 1st to Disney and I was packing for 2 adults and 2 kids so I wanted to be sure we had enough. Husband grumbled about it saying "I only brought 1 pair of shoes! I don't need to wear different shoes everyday, why do you?" lol But he certainly was happy to learn I'd packed him an extra pair as well after we were in a horrible downpour at MK our 1st day lol.

If you have picky kiddos like I do goggles. My kids give me so much grief if I forget because they won’t swim without them and then we wind up buying at the gift shop. The other one I would say is children’s Advil and Benadryl

I agree with the newspaper. Found out the hard way, no newspapers for sale at the hotels. Another product for chafing - diaper rash ointment - also works great on the bra line. Sticks around for a few days.

I was going to say small scissors, too! They come in so handy - from moleskin (another must) to cutting tags off souvenirs. Make sure they are the kids type with the rounded tips if you are flying, otherwise TSA will take them. I lost the best manicure scissors ever to TSA...
And don’t forget to not have them in your bag when you go through security into the parks - my mum forgot she had and lost hers that way.

Turbi towel & my own hairdryer
Gold Bond Friction Defense to combat chafing. I would be in big trouble without it.
Used to use Body Glide but this stuff works at least as well, smells better, and is cheaper.
Great product! in a pinch, certain stick deodorants can sub in too to varying degrees, along with A&D or petroleum jelly

Some interesting suggestions overall, i’m guess most of the people here aren’t paying for their checked luggage

Turbi towel & my own hairdryer

Great product! in a pinch, certain stick deodorants can sub in too to varying degrees, along with A&D or petroleum jelly

Some interesting suggestions overall, i’m guess most of the people here aren’t paying for their checked luggage

We do Southwest, so 2 free bags per person. We never have to worry about not having room for all the things we need!

We do Southwest, so 2 free bags per person. We never have to worry about not having room for all the things we need!
Lol usually same here, unless it’s 3 X price of what spirit or allegiant is offering Has happened quite a bit this year, hopefully will stabilize after all the rebound travelers with lots of travel credits exhaust their stash.

Looks like OP is there now, but for the benefit of others, I'll throw in my two cents!

Some kind of rain gear, no matter what the forecast says before you go. The dollar store ponchos are garbage. In fact, ponchos in general are tough to work with and uncomfortable. We prefer a good quality rain jacket - I have a Columbia one, DH has a Nike one. They fit much better and keep your dryer than a poncho, and they are more comfortable to wear. They also are easier to dry out to throw in a bag or can be tied around your waist. I prefer the types of jacket with mesh interior that have underarm vents. We also bring newspaper and two pairs of sneakers. If it rains, the newspaper gets stuffed in the wet sneakers. We'll wear the second pair, and the wet pair is usually dried out by the next morning.

Mole skin is a must for blisters. I have a little clear plastic bag where I keep items for anything that can go wrong - Pepto, advil, neosporin, cortisone cream, small sewing kit, eyeglass repair kit, band aids, saline spray for the nose, cold medicine, nail clippers/file, scissors. Might seem like a of stuff, but it doesn't take up much room and I have had to tap into it more than once.

Agree with the ziplocs and sharpie. We always pack both and there are many uses. I also always bring a small container of clorox wipes, there is always stuff to clean up or wipe down....we've had a few throwing up incidents over the years and always appreciated having wipes. I always bring a small baggie of laundry pods and dryer sheets because you never know if you will need to do laundry. We also bring a collapible laundry hamper. It works great to throw all the dirty clothes and drag to the laundry room if we do laundry. If we don't do laundry, we just pack the whole thing in a suitcase to do at home.

My wife just packs the whole house up and brings it.

BTW- we arrive next sunday at universal for 9 days

LOL!!!! OMG, I was packing last night and basically threw everything in. Do we need two boxes of ziplock gallon sized bags? We might, so they're coming.

just to add to the list.........some great ideas on here!!!

I bring 2or3 sneakers, not only if they get wet but, I alternate wearing them..........for blister purposes. If 1 pair starts rubbing in an area, the next pair may not. That alone has saved my feet!!

I also pack a small pack of Epsom Salt to soak my feet before bed. there is some weight to those so, I normally pack a 1 lb bag. I always pack snacks/breakfast items in a plastic shallow container (so items don't get smushed)........then I use that container to soak my feet at night. That way I don't need as much Epsom Salt as I would in a tub.

Another product for chafing - diaper rash ointment - also works great on the bra line. Sticks around for a few days.

This has become a MUST for us!!! Great on chafing thighs as well (even anti-chafe stuff can't stand up to Bilge Rat Barges in my experience, lol)

My husband normally brings a Camelbak backpack and we fill it with water all day and sip away. This has worked great for Disney, but not so much Universal with the need for lockers. So we're trying to go small bags or bagless this trip. Instead I bought a water bottle sling, that should also fit our refillable cup!

Sunscreen
Foot Powder
Portable Charger
Cheap Disposable Poncho's (if you forget these it will Rain)
Water Shoes for water rides

eyeglass cleaner and microfiber towels, small to dry glasses

Eyeglass strap.

If you have good water shoes/ sneakers bring them. Good for pool. water park, water rides and rainy days

Regular sneakers take days to dry

edited to add: Go through your medicine cabinet. Anything you generally use at least once a month bring. Aspirin, Tylenol, Tums, band aids...Put them in a small ziplock, pill organizer or just mix them in a small pill bottle.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter