What is the Disney smell you love most?

OK, so I was sitting down with DH eating some pizza.... Our usually Friday night ritual....

Then I blew my nose (I know TMI) on some cheepo-depo toilet paper tissue and after wiping my nose, i paused... smelled .... then smelled the tissue again.... I looked at DH who was sitting across from me eating pizza and said "This smells like Disney! (specifically Its a Small World)" ... He looked at me admiringly .... and then I asked him if she wanted to smell it?? He said "NO!????" followed by this face ---> :eek:

The smell of the Seasons Restaurant in the Land. The water in Living with the Land.

Burning of Rome

Inside Mexico in Epcot

The morning smell in the air when walking out of your hotel and the smell of the hotel towels (weird, I know, lol)

My favorite scent at Disney is definitely the smell at the Polynesian lobby! I can't tell you what it is exactly, but it's just one of those scents that I smell, and say "Ahhh! "

....Inside Mexico in Epcot

The morning smell in the air when walking out of your hotel and the smell of the hotel towels (weird, I know, lol)

LOVE hotel towel smell.... when I do a bleach load of towels it sometimes comes out just right and I smell the towels over and over....and over.... pretending I am at Disney and all the great feeling and memories that go with it!

My favorite scent at Disney is definitely the smell at the Polynesian lobby! I can't tell you what it is exactly, but it's just one of those scents that I smell, and say "Ahhh! "
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of the Poly!!! Its a smell I have locked away from when I was a kid! I used to hover over my parents humidifer at times smelling that musty, watery smell... My parents still make fun of me to this day. I used, and still do, smell EVERYTHING! :confused3

Favorite smell is, like others POTC. I also love of the Land Pavillion at Epcot. It always smells great from Sunshine Seasons. The resorts also all have a nice, fresh scent.

WORST smells are easy. The kiddie pool at the ASMusic is awful. Smells very strongly like dirty diapers, and we had to hold our breaths every time we walked past the majority of the pool area. One of the reasons we won't stay there again!

The monorails always seem to smell badly as well. Sort of a weird mix between gasoline and urine? Every time we're on, we end up talking to others on the car who agree it does NOT smell good!

For me it's the lobby of the Polynesian. Wonderfully tropical.
We left WDW yesterday.. :sad1: I was really looking forward our dinner at Ohana just so I could enjoy the smell of the Poly waterfall. :( But when we arrived there was no smell, no sound,no waterfall!! ... its a smell I remember from childhood and associate with Disney. Thankfully its just being cleaned and should be up and running again soon!

I love the smell in "Pirates".

LOVE LOVE LOVE that smell!!

:goodvibes I have been at a conference for work for two days at a really fancy resort and I keep smelling Wilderness Lodge. I don't know what it is,:confused3 but I love it!!!

Another vote for the smell of Rome burning in Spaceship Earth. :thumbsup2

And while not all that pleasant, the distinct smell of the water in the showers triggers happy thoughts. Caught a faint whiff of that smell in a hotel shower elsewhere in the country recently and it brought a smile. :)

The deodorizer used in the WDW parks and some hotels (Art of Animation) is an Ecolabs product called Citrus Ginger room re-fresher. WDW buys so much of it that it's hard to obtain if you aren't Disney.
Target uses an off the shelf citrus spray that smells similar but it's not the same.

Oops, almost forgot. Spaceship Earth's Rome burning scene is brought to life by using burnt coffee beans. It works!

The oranges in Soarin' is my favorite as well! We bought a Yankee Candle that is close to that smell.

We went on PCC 3.0 and we got 3 cds with Soarin' on it! I listen to it on the car on the way to work and it relaxes me!

TTFN :tigger:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter