What is the Disney smell you love most?

The smell of the fake smoke in Spaceship Earth as you enter! That is the best! :D

for me, its got to be the smell of potc. also i just get this smell when we go under the wdw arch that just smells like, well, the best smell ever!

Splash Mountain!! :love: Actually, any of the "water" rides....:flower3: Also, the smell of BBQ sauce reminds me of Pecos Bill's, Yummmmmmm....:lovestruc

Has to be walking down Main Street first thing in the morning. Love the smell of the bakery and candy shops

I love the smell of Main Street---the mix of cotton candy and popcorn and the candy apples from the Confectionary...I miss it so much!

For me, it's at Disneyland when you first walk into Pirates of the Caribbean. It's that musty, chlorine smell. Nothing else in the world I know of has that smell. :love:

Yes. Thank you! Everyone says chlorine but there is also a musty smell that I always remember from childhood that is still there. Also my favorite, btw. I don't notice it on any of the other water rides. And it's my first impression of disney as a pre-schooler at Disneyland. No sulphur in the water there. There is definitely a MUSTY-NESS on Pirates on both coasts that is more than chlorine.

Also, kind of a reverse. At our local movie complex the theaters smell like some indoor attraction at WDW and for the life of me I can't figure out which one. I'm not sure if it's the carpet or cleaning solution or what. It isn't in the lobby or hallways of the theater, just when you open the doors and walk into the individual theater rooms. The chain is Regal Cinemas. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Yes! I used this one body spray when I went to Paris, and now whenever I use I always say, "ah, it smells like Paris in here!"

Me too! It was my first time in Paris and I bought my first bottle of Kate Spade perfume right before we went. They are linked forever now.

for me, its got to be the smell of potc. also i just get this smell when we go under the wdw arch that just smells like, well, the best smell ever!

Splash Mountain!! :love: Actually, any of the "water" rides....:flower3:

I like the chlorine smell in POTC. Is that weird?

Yes. Thank you! Everyone says chlorine but there is also a musty smell that I always remember from childhood that is still there. Also my favorite, btw. I don't notice it on any of the other water rides. And it's my first impression of disney as a pre-schooler at Disneyland. No sulphur in the water there. There is definitely a MUSTY-NESS on Pirates on both coasts that is more than chlorine....

Its so funny the fog of the arch in POTC and the Spalsh Mtn is mentioned... When we were at WDW in April I kept saying "Do you smell that?? Sniff Sniiiffffffff - It smells like Disney!!!" I LOVE that smell and its smelled the same since I was a kid! Even the lobby of the Poly waterfall smells the same as does the monorail! How does that happen after all these years??

I am such a "smeller" - I totally store memories and experiences with smells. ESPECIALLY at WDW!! I wish Yankee Candle made a Disney Smell candle.... Now thats an idea! :rolleyes1 :cloud9:

of the tomorrowland speedway....toxic as it is...;)
I know Im at disney when I smell it...
(btw WHY cant they make those cars electric? isnt it supposed to be the TOMMORROWLAND SPEEDWAY)

My favorite Disney smell is at Epcot. When you first get off the bus in the morning and walking towards the entrance. It has a very distinct smell, earthy as the OP said. I think it's the mulch. It makes me so happy!:goodvibes

The Target near my house uses the same scented air freshener as the bathrooms at Disney. I wish I knew what it was. I want some for my house!

I love the smell of Rome burning in SE! :love:

I also love the smell in the lobbies of the Swan/Dolphin. I'm not sure exactly what it is but it is a wonderful smell!

I LOVE all of the wonderful smells around WDW :lovestruc

Some of my favorites have to be the Main St Confectionary, the smell of Splash Mountain, the overall smell at AK (I know I'm weird..), Rome burning on SE, and turkey legs!!!

YES, YES, YES!!! That's the thing I remember most from my WDW trips with my parents when I was a teenager!! To this day, it's one of my favorite scents and I buy whatever orange room fresheners I can find simply because it reminds me of Disney back in the day! :goodvibes

The damp, dank, musty POTC smell is quite memorable, too...

is it the World of Motion ride from Epcot? I loved that orange smell! Soarin has it now but its not the same!

Most of the scents have been mentioned, but there is something about that air after the rain smell that makes me think of being at Disney! The steam train is another one! LOVE THAT "RIDE" Every park has special scent that just makes me smile! Haunted Mansion and Pirates, splash mountain, Spaceship earth, The great movie ride, Tower of terror, Dinasour, I could keep going and going!

It's not my favorite, but it's one that makes me think of Disney...

At the store I work at, we have a temporary "dollar store" type of section set up. Some gardening supplies, some July 4th stuff, but the Disney related thing, there are some dog toys and bowls and something about that particular section smells like the Rome burning section of Spaceship Earth. It really messed with my head yesterday when I walked down the aisle, sniffed and thought, "Rome is burning? In my store?" :confused:

I love the ones mention before...Water, Spaceship Earth, Etc...

But my favorite is the Pumpkin Spice Smell they use during the Not so Scary Haloween Party. It's similar to the philharmagic Lemaire Scene, But slightly more earthy. I finally found the scent at yankee candle, It's called Pumpkin Patch. I use that smell almost exclusively after august until December. Once I smell it I can vividly picture all the halloween decorations in the magic Kingdom, along with Dressed up kids and Sweaty parents!

I also matched the smell of the Grand floridian Lobby this year, It's called Moonlight Path and you can get it at Bath and Body Works.

Also found the woodsmoke smell at bath and body works, but it isn't that great if you don't see the library of Alexandria burning at the same time ;-)

this is sad, but you will all get it...

Our Target store bathroom has the same 'orange' smelling freshener that is in the bathrooms at the theme parks in WDW - I am happy in the bathroom at Target thinking about WDW - crazy!

Others - the 'morning smell' - damp, dew, a little musty, it's a Florida smell that I can sometime get here in Michigan in the hot summer.

apple pie in Philharmagic - glade apple cinn. candle is the same.

this is sad, but you will all get it...

Our Target store bathroom has the same 'orange' smelling freshener that is in the bathrooms at the theme parks in WDW - I am happy in the bathroom at Target thinking about WDW - crazy!

Others - the 'morning smell' - damp, dew, a little musty, it's a Florida smell that I can sometime get here in Michigan in the hot summer.

apple pie in Philharmagic - glade apple cinn. candle is the same.

:thumbsup2 :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter