What is a FAN Rate?

Familyof14

DIS Veteran
Just found a FAN rate for Portofino of $202. What does this mean? Is it a club and if so, how much does it cost to join?

fan club cards are free. You would get them through your place of work. If you check the thread, there used to be people who would send you one. It gives you discounts at the resort, rest, and merch. Keep calling for ent rates too. They could release more for your dates at some point, you never know.

Nope! You shouldn't buy it. They are phasing out the Fan Club cards themselves over the course of the year and are doing everything web-based.

Here is the Fan Club Website:

http://www.universalfanclub.com/

You don't need the card. The fan club promotional codes are on the website, and you can book the room right from that website.

Every Fan club rate that I looked at said that the card HAD to be shown at check in.

Besides, I already bought it as my time ran out.

I can also show it for 10% off for food and merchadise at Universal. It showed some retail discounts as well. I can't imagine being able to get the other discounts without showing a card when trying to buy something. :rolleyes:

If I bought it for nothing, I only lost $4. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Yes, when checking rates online it DOES say card needs to be presented at check in. Apparently, I am automatically a FAN Club member because I belong to NJEA. Does that mean I would show my NJEA card to receive the FAN discount? I don't have a true Fan Club card to present. I'm curious about this Fan Club card too. If it is being phased out and all web-based, then what kind of ID do we show at restaurants and such?

Anyone been recently who can tell us what they did? :confused:

I know they are selling like hotcakes on Ebay. Another two went for $4.25 this morning.
I will also save almost $30 on my 5 - Adult 1-Day tickets to IOA with the card.:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter