What else do you use your camera for?

MarkBarbieri

Semi-retired
When I took my first picture, it was expensive (film & development) and it took days before I could see the result. And I rarely had my camera with me. Now, most of us carry a camera with us most of the time. And those cameras are useful for more than taking pictures of pretty places and people. I'm curious about what other uses people have for their cameras. Here are a few of mine.

1) Magnifying glass. I need reading glasses to see anything small, but I sometimes forget them. Or sometimes they aren't enough. When that happens, I whip out my phone, switch it to photo mode, and zoom in on what I'm trying to look at. Instant magnifying glass.

2) Where did I park? Whenever I park in a big parking lot, I take a picture of where I parked.
20221224_141742.jpg

3) Receipts. Whether you need them for reimbursement, to track your spending, or just to have a copy, your phone is a quick and easy way to "scan" receipts.
20220628_101725.jpg

4) When I went to school, I had to manually take notes. It was so long ago, that most of us were scratching our notes in clay tablets, envious of the rich kids with their papyrus scrolls. Now, I just take pictures.
20221112_100711.jpg

5) Before I take something apart, I take a picture so I can put it back together correctly. OK, I wish I did. Usually, I forget and wish I had.
20220706_134307.jpg

6) In my state, you need to carry proof of insurance with you when you drive. I try to keep a copy in my glove box, but just in case I forget it, I also take a picture of my insurance card. In Texas, you can use that as proof-of-insurance. Although I guess that requires handing your unlocked phone over to a LEO, which may cause concerns for some people.

20220425_163508.jpg

What are some other good uses for having a camera with you most of the time?

Maybe it is just another version of taking notes, but I also have some pictures of "checklists" on my phone that I can use for reference. BTW, I use Google Photos for my online storage and find it helpful to enter search information in the description. This image is described as "Laser checklist" and so I can easily find it with a search. I use "auto insurance" for pictures of my insurance cards. I don't bother doing that for things like parking pictures, but it is handy for pictures that you may want to quickly find months later.

20221214_104735.jpg

I used mine awhile back to inventory our house contents. We're often in alert mode for fire danger in our state and it's sort of like insurance.

After a great haircut I take a selfie so I know what to ask for the next time I need to change hairstylists.

We're getting ready to do a major landscaping update this year so every time I see a yard I like I take a picture to share with DH and a potential landscaping company.

I take a picture of the freezer contents before I go to the store so I don't buy things I already have.

I have my kids send me photos of items they have requested I pick up at the store.

We used one to take pictures of a tv we bought as we unpacked it. Good thing since we later had to reassemble all that packaging to return it.

I use it at work before I deconstruct our sheets that are written in pencil.

I keep a copy of my FSA card in my Favorites in case someone else in the family is using the card.

I take pictures of poems or prayers I like so I can keep them handy to use.

I take pictures of labels sometimes of things I like so I can find them again.

I use it at work before I deconstruct our sheets that are written in pencil.

I keep a copy of my FSA card in my Favorites in case someone else in the family is using the card.

I take pictures of poems or prayers I like so I can keep them handy to use.

I take pictures of labels sometimes of things I like so I can find them again.

I love the suggestion of using a phone to take pictures of things you like and for labels. That is so handy especially since you can magnify those darn tiny labels with your phone!

Several of the ones already mentioned. - I love the search function!!

I also take pictures of things like our flight confirmation when we travel (for quick reference and to send to family members so they have our flight number.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter