What does Disney Signature Services actually do?

davg598

Earning My Ears
We are staying club level and I saw that we can use Signature Services. We go to Disney every year and know the parks pretty well. We are Disney Adults. We are taking a day off this year mid week. That is something we have never done before. During COVID we used a travel agent from dreams, but I did nit find the helpful at all. It was easier for us to just do it our selves and be able to make changes when we needed to. With the travel agent we lost some of that ability.

I have never used Disney Signature Services and I am not sure what they do? Has anyone ever used them? Is it helpful? Can they add extra perks? Can they get us into space 220? If we know what we are doing, is it even worth spending the time. It would be cool if they could prebook genie plus l, but I know that would never happen.

Last year the concierge in the Club level area was super helpful. He is the main reason we are spending the extra cash on Club Level again.

Thoughts?

Nope. They cannot do anything you cannot do yourself. If the ADR is not available to you online it is not available to DSS, the same rules apply to the in club concierges. They can’t get you ADRs that don’t exist and they do not have access to any secret inventory, luckily for them lots of last minute availability pops all over these days.

We are staying club level and I saw that we can use Signature Services. We go to Disney every year and know the parks pretty well. We are Disney Adults. We are taking a day off this year mid week. That is something we have never done before. During COVID we used a travel agent from dreams, but I did nit find the helpful at all. It was easier for us to just do it our selves and be able to make changes when we needed to. With the travel agent we lost some of that ability.

I have never used Disney Signature Services and I am not sure what they do? Has anyone ever used them? Is it helpful? Can they add extra perks? Can they get us into space 220? If we know what we are doing, is it even worth spending the time. It would be cool if they could prebook genie plus l, but I know that would never happen.

Last year the concierge in the Club level area was super helpful. He is the main reason we are spending the extra cash on Club Level again.

Thoughts?
The only thing I find really great with the CL CMs (besides just them in general!) is that if you run into some kind of tech glitch in the morning - and face it, this is Disney we’re talking about here, they’re generally very good about getting you access to the ride you failed to get because of the issue, and the line in the club will be much shorter and way more pleasant than the one in the park. Now if the fault is on you, as in you woke up too late to get the Tron VQ, their hands are tied. Just like with restaurants, they don’t have a separate system to pull from; they’re looking at the same thing you are. DSS can book your dining reservations for you, but they do not start booking until they open for the day at 9am EST, so you’re giving up three hours of time in which those hard to get reservations- like Space 220 - are likely to fill. I have never taken them up on that service because of that, and the issue with times never quite being exactly what I want them to be. If someone booked me a less than ideal time, it would drive bananas.

Last edited:
I find that every time I have contacted them, they couldn't help me. It hasn't been many times, but like a PP said, you pretty much have to do most things yourself. Personally, it seems like they kept it to make CL guests feel like there was an extra layer of service, but based on my experience, they may as well stop.

They are the only ones who can book VIP tours (and possibly some other things - not sure). Also, there might be a shorter wait on the phone if you do call for help with dining reservations, etc. I've never had to wait for a CM when I call the SS number.

I’ve found they aren’t super helpful for getting things, but are helpful with cancelling things last minute. I got sick and needed to cancel my day at magic kingdom where we had a capture your moment scheduled and it was in like an hour. They were able to get me a full refund and handled everything for me. That was really helpful

I have never used Disney Signature Services and I am not sure what they do? Has anyone ever used them? Is it helpful?
DSS can arrange Minnie Van Service from the Airport. You can't do this via the Lyft app as that service has not returned.

Dave

I think they are good at solving problems and answering questions. We stayed Club Level at Beach Club in September. Our room looked over Stormalong Bay. The lights of the pool never go off and we had trouble sleeping as our windows had roll down valance curtains and did not have blackout curtains. We asked the Concierge where we could buy eye masks on property and he couldn't find us any on property. That night, we each had gel eye sleep masks from Target on our bed with a note. That was over and above and we slept much better.

Yes, you can. It is not true that only DSS can book VIP tours, that poster is mistaken. Just like ADR's, any one can book a VIP tour if it's available.
I thought the DSS number was the only number to call to book the VIP tour. I do realize that anyone can book them. That’s the number I have always used whether I was staying in a club level room or not.

Sorry. My mistake.

Honestly, not a lot and I’m really surprised that disney doesn’t give them a little more leeway in what they can provide guests. For instance, I’m surprised that they aren’t the ones that are able to have access to making ADR’s before they open up at 6 AM for the general public staying onsite.

I’m surprised that they haven’t figured out a way for them to purchase Genie for you at midnight each night for the next day that you’ve requested it and put in the request for your first ride at 7 AM (or perhaps a few minutes before as a perk of staying club level)

I remember back in the day we had an issue where we were using a well-known sitting service that messed up and had the wrong date (we had confirmed with them the day before) and the hosts at club level were amazing and were able to get my son into a kids club that evening… but those are long gone (by the way why are those gone? Those were so amazing for parents to be able to have a night out.)

For a while, they had that amazing thing where you could purchase additional fastpasses, and for a brief second in time it came with the reserved firework viewing that quickly went away. That was absolutely my favorite perk ever.

I don’t understand why disney doesn’t do more to make their club level a little more attractive or to pamper their club level guests. But I also don’t understand why disney has taken so many perks away in general from those staying onsite so I don’t know what they’re doing…

Adding on concierge hosts are normally outstanding, but they’re just not given a lot of power to be able to help. With Disney World being so spread out and it taking such a long time getting back to the Resort we have found ourselves skipping club level at Walt Disney Worldin recent years and only keeping it when at Disneyland where it’s a super quick walk from the park to the club lounge for break and a snack.

@dreamer17555 great ideas but the DSS team does not start working until 9 AM ET and stop's at 5 PM ET.

For a while, they had that amazing thing where you could purchase additional fastpasses, and for a brief second in time it came with the reserved firework viewing that quickly went away. That was absolutely my favorite perk ever.
That was the pilot for the paid Fastpass solution aka Genie+ and Individual LL.
I don’t understand why disney doesn’t do more to make their club level a little more attractive or to pamper their club level guests.
Simple reason is they don't need to add perks to sell CL even at these recent prices.

Dave

@Dave006

I know they aren’t having trouble filling club level rooms. I just don’t know why that is. I would assume people who could afford that extremely easily would be used to a superior product than what Disney club level is offering. For those of us where we can afford it but it’s a little bit more of a dip into our budgets it’s getting harder and harder to justify, especially because as you pointed out, DSS only works 9 to 5 and they can’t provide any services that you cannot get on your own and you risk missing out on experiences and ADRs by waiting for them to do it for you. Are the lounge offerings worth that inflated cost especially when you couple that with the time it takes to actually return to the lounge?

Now not every lounge is created equal. There are some with wonderful fireworks views, but I know when we stayed at the Disneyland hotel that firework view was outstanding, and it was much quicker to return back to the lounge for a midday break and then be right back in the parks.

And I am quite certain that disney was going to find a way to monetize fast pass, and they were using club level as a test however, for those of us that were able to take advantage of it, especially when it included that free firework viewing it was amazing.

I guess I just don’t see the benefit of club level anymore unless you plan to spend most if not all of your time at the resort and if you’re going to do that it can make sense but if not, it really doesn’t- at least not for my family.

I thought the DSS number was the only number to call to book the VIP tour. I do realize that anyone can book them. That’s the number I have always used whether I was staying in a club level room or not.

Sorry. My mistake.
No need to apologize! They can book them, but that‘s not the only way. Just want to make sure correct information is here!

I find that every time I have contacted them, they couldn't help me. It hasn't been many times, but like a PP said, you pretty much have to do most things yourself. Personally, it seems like they kept it to make CL guests feel like there was an extra layer of service, but based on my experience, they may as well stop.
I am beginning to feel this way too. It‘s been 5 years since our last WDW trip, and all but the first one of our trips have been at club level. In the past I’ve been able to request ADRs, VIP experiences, Food & Wine events, etc. without having to go online early and do it myself. Now this has been taken away and it’s quite disappointing to learn that it seems like the only real perk of CL is the room location and access to the lounge.

We’ve sailed concierge level with Disney Cruise Line, and we are able to email in our requests at a certain time before they open up onboard experience bookings to the Pearl/Platinum crowd. I don’t understand why they don’t do this for club level guests - allow us to email in our requests a certain amount of days before booking ADRs, and then they could book them for us at least 10-15 days before the 60 day mark in booking ADRs. That would be a great perk for WDW Club Level guests, and make the extra $$$ spent there well worth it.

50 days until our Food & Wine trip!

I am beginning to feel this way too. It‘s been 5 years since our last WDW trip, and all but the first one of our trips have been at club level. In the past I’ve been able to request ADRs, VIP experiences, Food & Wine events, etc. without having to go online early and do it myself. Now this has been taken away and it’s quite disappointing to learn that it seems like the only real perk of CL is the room location and access to the lounge.

We’ve sailed concierge level with Disney Cruise Line, and we are able to email in our requests at a certain time before they open up onboard experience bookings to the Pearl/Platinum crowd. I don’t understand why they don’t do this for club level guests - allow us to email in our requests a certain amount of days before booking ADRs, and then they could book them for us at least 10-15 days before the 60 day mark in booking ADRs. That would be a great perk for WDW Club Level guests, and make the extra $$$ spent there well worth it.

50 days until our Food & Wine trip!
That would be so nice if they did that! Their cruise concierge is definitely much better than the parks. I’ll only book it now if I want the room specifically

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter