What did you buy at WWOHP?

How big are the chocolate frogs? I was surprised at the price tag for them. I was thinking they might be 4-5 dollars each. But if they are about $10 i'm hoping they are bigger then I was expecting. Will make it tougher to buy alot of em though...

they are pretty big- like saucer size. But they're not very good. Think cheap easter rabbit. The cards are cool, though.

My 2 girls each bought a wand , one Sirious Black and one Death Stick; each bought a house blanket- one gryffindor one slytherin; a chocolate frog each;numerouse butterbeers;) a chocolate wand and a marauders' map mug.Oldest DD really wanted the marauders' map but at $29, oi....! :upsidedow

I know it is way more fun to buy in the parks, but for those in sticker shock and need to watch the budget...

They sell Bertie Bott's beans and chocolate frogs at ToysRUS. The beans are maybe $5.95 for a drawstring bag and a flavor card. The frogs come in a wrapper- the chocolate is maybe 2 by 4 inches and come with a trading card. They are $2.95, I believe.

This is at our TN location.

I was wondering that too. Are the Hogshead Brew mugs glass or plastic? We actually collect beer glasses from brewpubs and such and were so disappointed that the "special" souvenir mugs from F&W were PLASTIC!:confused: To me, a souvenir is not plastic.

I wanted to address this post. If you're purchasing a glass in a store, they wrap it up carefully and that's it. Because the cups at F&W are meant to be carried in public areas as consumable items, there's a safety/liability issue with glass. You'll notice all cups meant to be carried around the parks will be plastic. A good example of the difference is at La Cava de Tequila at Epcot. If you're sitting at a table, you'll get a glass. At the walk-up bar, you're more likely to get a plastic to-go cup.

I was wondering that too. Are the Hogshead Brew mugs glass or plastic? We actually collect beer glasses from brewpubs and such and were so disappointed that the "special" souvenir mugs from F&W were PLASTIC!:confused: To me, a souvenir is not plastic.

I'm not sure if anyone answered this, they are plastic & a little better quality than the F & W ones.

they are pretty big- like saucer size. But they're not very good. Think cheap easter rabbit. The cards are cool, though.

Hmm...I understand that items bought from the theme park would be a bit pricey but $10 for a chocolate frog is too much. I was expecting them to be small and compact. (collectibles normally involve collecting something small) I dont recall them being so big in the movies.

So, did anyone notice if they do have actual glasses/beer mugs in any of the shops? If not, I'll just purchase my beer in a regular old plastic cup and save the extra dollars for more beer! I do understand the need for plastic for people wandering around the parks but they should offer a glass version of them for people wanting something they can really use. They can certainly wrap it up in paper or bubble wrap if they wish.

So when I'm there on the last day of August, am I correct in thinking that I can make my purchases in Wizarding World and have them all sent to package pickup at the front of the park, rather than have to rent a locker?

I'll be buying more when I get a chance to revisit. When I did go, I bought:

refillable butterbeer stein
refillable Hogs Head Brew stein (I did not like the beer, btw)
pumpkin juice on tap; kept the plastic cup
my wand that chose me
postcard (with stamp/postmark; mailed to cousin in CA)
Gryffindor bookmark (gift for cousin)
Hogwarts travel pouch (gift for cousin)

Do you have a picture of the Hogs Head Brew stein?

ok i dont knwo if anyone saw this but iwas lookign at videos of the stores online and i could have swore i saw a pygmy puff stuff animal, bright pink , looks like a porcupine kinda did anyone see it??? i really want one!!!

Yes, you can have your packages sent up.

Yes, there are pink pygmy puffs.

ok i dont knwo if anyone saw this but iwas lookign at videos of the stores online and i could have swore i saw a pygmy puff stuff animal, bright pink , looks like a porcupine kinda did anyone see it??? i really want one!!!

For sale at Zonko's :thumbsup2

yes!!! i am am so excited can't wait to get my own pygmy puff, man im gonna go bankrupt while i'm there...there goes all my graduation money:cool1:

This is from Inside The Magic:

Red Gryffindor Shirt with sequins $36.95
Golden Snitch $14.95
Ollivander Wand (Birthday Wand) $28.95
Crest Patches $6.95 each
Hermione?s Wand $24.95
Harry?s Wand $24.95
Snape?s Wand $24.95
Hedwig Pillow $17.95
Sneakoscope $14.95
Light-Up Goblet of Fire $24.95
Hedwig Mug $16.95
House Seals with Wax Sticks $18.95 each
Owl Hat $19.95
Quibbler Spectaspecs $6.95
Postcards $0.55/each
Hogwarts/Owl Postage 10 Stamp sets $12.95/each
Buckbeak Plush $21.95
Crookshanks Plush $24.95
Fawkes Phoenix Plush $24.95
Hedwig Puppet w/sound $29.95
Gryffindor Lanyard $7.95
Gryffindor Crest Banner $22.95
Expecto Patronum Shirt $28.95
Crookshanks/Scabber Sliding Pin $12.95
Ministry of Magic pin $9.95
Buckbeak sliding pin $12.95
Fang Pin $8.95
Firebolt Pin $10.95
Common Welsh Green Dragon Pin $9.95
Swedish Short Snout Dragon Pin $9.95
Chinese Fireball Dragon Pin $10.95
Hungarian Horntail Dragon Pin $10.95
Harry/Hedwig motion pin $9.95
Hedwig pin with moving wings $12.95
House Crest Pins (4 total) $9.95
Slytherin Perfect Pin $7.95
Gryffindor Hat $21.95
Golden Snitch pin $9.95
Chocolate Frog/with Lenticular Card $9.95
Bertie Bott?s Every Flavour Beans $9.95
Pumpkin Juice $5.25
Butterbeer w/cup $8.50

WOW!!! Rowling and UO are going to be making a killing! Ha! Ha!

At this rate, we should have a 3rd gate in 2 years! :wizard:

One can hope right? :thumbsup2

I have a few questions.

1) Does anyone have a picture of the "Don't worry. You're as sane as me. - Luna" shirt?
2) Is there a Ravenclaw bookmark?
3) Is the service to give your gifts to the front of the park free and for everyone?

We already know what we'll be buying:

1. Nothing
2. Nothing
and last but not least
3. Nothing

Thank goodness our kids are grown up and the kids we are taking in July are my sisters. When anybody wonders how we manage to go so often and for so little this is one big reason, we don't do souvenirs we just wait for them to show up at yard sales.

We already know what we'll be buying:

1. Nothing
2. Nothing
and last but not least
3. Nothing

Thank goodness our kids are grown up and the kids we are taking in July are my sisters. When anybody wonders how we manage to go so often and for so little this is one big reason, we don't do souvenirs we just wait for them to show up at yard sales.

:thumbsup2 :lmao::lmao:

Do you have a picture of the Hogs Head Brew stein?
It's a 20oz plastic stein.
IMGP2886.jpg

IMGP2885.jpg

IMGP2884.jpg

Pygmy Puffs $12.95 (price quoted from a blog and inside the magic)

Would really love to see some pics of all of your great sounding merch please!

I'll be going just after opening and I can't wait. I think that my budget may need to be increased slightly but I'll worry about the cost when I get home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter