What college major to work for Disney Corp?

lindym

Mouseketeer
My son will be a high school senior and has been a disney fanatic since 6 years old. I know after college he would like to work for the disney corporation preferrably in Florida. He will definitely do the WDW college program during college but was wondering on what to major in while at college. He was thinking of Interpersonal and Organizational Communication and possibly a minor in Art. Any suggestions on a major which would give him a well rounded lead to a career at Disney? Thanks

It all depends on what he wants to do in the company. Operations, entertainment, management...

im majoring in journalism & mass communications, and ive seen dozens of opportunities for people in that field. and PR and the like.

DS majored in music, and he got a really great internship at DL, playing in one of their bands. Got to participate on-stage in the 50th celebration. He hasn't graduated yet, but he hears great things from Disney for music majors.

I'm hoping to maybe work there one day as an Imagineer. (Going for my degree in civil engineering right now)

Thing is, Disney is so vast with what they do, I doubt your son could pick a major that Disney couldn't find him a job for in some way.

The one thing to note is that certain careers are associated with certain geographical areas. Anything related to film production has US operations in CA, not Florida. More hospitality-related jobs are in Florida or overseas.

Take a look at Disney's professional employment website to see where the various types of jobs are. Generally there are a lot more professional-level openings in California than anywhere else.

Do any of you all know of jobs at disney corp. that would be good for a psychology major or music minor? Thanks :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter