What are the best things about Epcot?

For me, the best thing about it is that I never tire of it. Its a great place to kill time. If I arrive early or have a free night, I can show up there without an agenda and be fully content and entertained just strolling through the World Showcase, snacking/drinking throughout. There's so much to see and take in. Great atmosphere.

The World Showcase, hands down. If you take a step back and really take it all in, it's quite amazing what Disney was able to create. The cast members take pride representing their home countries and take the experience to another level. My boss always asks why I keep going back to WDW every year instead of traveling outside the country... I always text him a photo while I'm at Epcot of Italy or France and simply say "I AM traveling the world :)"

Epcot allows for a more relaxing touring day! I find we don't feel the need to run from FP to FP. We stroll and enjoy the different countries and FP in between! The atmosphere is so fun Plus the variety of food is the best!

The food and the adult beverage options. Oh -- and the World Showcase! Future World needs some serious help, but the WS is the best part of that park.

The alcohol. lol. Now that I've outed myself as a boozer, let me explain: I just find the drink options to be really great there. I love being able to get a specialty Margarita and then walk a little bit and get some Aquavit, then walk a little more and I can have a delicious refreshing Grand Marnier Slush.

Also this will be a pointless reason in a few months but I love love love Illuminations as it is now. There is something about the music (as dated as it may seem) and I'm on my third margarita and I hear "We Go On" and next thing you know I'm crying and making a mess out of my eyeliner.

The alcohol. lol. Now that I've outed myself as a boozer, let me explain: I just find the drink options to be really great there. I love being able to get a specialty Margarita and then walk a little bit and get some Aquavit, then walk a little more and I can have a delicious refreshing Grand Marnier Slush.

Also this will be a pointless reason in a few months but I love love love Illuminations as it is now. There is something about the music (as dated as it may seem) and I'm on my third margarita and I hear "We Go On" and next thing you know I'm crying and making a mess out of my eyeliner.

Yeah. I have to agree there. Did drinking around the world a week and an half ago, and I'm so glad I did. I bought Tajin and looked up margarita recipes to try to recreate the taste of theirs, am going to try to make a homemade orange slush, but there's just no way I can try to recreate the Tipsy Ducks in Love that I got in China.

Crowd Absorption.

Because many of the attractions are overlooked they often have a minimal wait. Even Spaceship Earth seems to be 30 minutes or less after the WS opens. So, many go to booze it up in the World Showcase, and you can get on Figment or Living with the Land barely having to wait (with exceptions of course). Also, the WS has wide walkways and lots of nooks and crannies. Finally, with the easy access to Crescent Lake, many Guests can enjoy the Boardwalk and Restaurants with only a few minute walk.

World showcase. Between the shopping, drinking and eating you could spend hours in every land. It’s unlike any other theme park anywhere.

Tres Cabelleros followed by an avocado margarita in Mexico.

Agent P! Adventure

We live Frozen & Soarin regardless of how basic it makes us :)

The atmosphere of the World Showcase is like nothing else.

Disney, to me, has never been about the rides. It is about a feeling. I grew up going to Disneyland and the feeling of being on Main Street and my favorite, New Orleans Square, is like nothing else.

I absolutely love the feeling and atmosphere of the World Showcase. It was one of my favorite things for me in our one visit to WDW a few years ago. So special.

Just walking through World Showcase is a ride experience all by itself.
Going from country to country. Going through various shops, dining, and history individualized for each specific country, its an experience alone.

Food options... Table Service, Quick Service, snacks, and festival food booths. There’s always something tasty available.

Lots of good spots to watch Illuminations (and I’m assuming the new shows). There isn’t just one good area where everyone crowds together.

Voices of Liberty and the American Adventure.
Christmas storytellers.
The ability to 'mosy' around the world, no rushing, stop and watch what you want, grab a bite here and there or make a great reservation.
The openness of the walkways (most of the time).
Interacting with people from different parts of the world.
Lots of places to just relax for a few minutes (especially with some Japanese shaved ice)

I love that in Epcot, the kids can have fun, and so can the adults! A great night at Epcot for us is starting the evening off on rides, followed by dinner & then Illuminations. After Illuminations, we love strolling around the countries with a drink in one hand and a snack in the other. We always travel with friends and it’s a must do on multiple nights for us.

We also LOVE the endless restaurant choices!! Whatever you’re in the mood for, Epcot has it!!

Last edited:
The food!

The atmosphere. It's a great place to relax and people watch. The countries are super well themed and so beautiful.

The festivals.

Epcot is our favorite park, which is why we're staying at YC on our next trip in July.

I love the food, the atmosphere, and the size (it never feels that crowded, even when it's crowded). World Showcase is my favorite part of any park. I love visiting all the different countries and talking with people working there who are actually from those countries. I love Illuminations, and will miss it. I love that it's not all about rides at Epcot (although I do love the rides there!), and that we can plan less and take it at a slower pace. Also, I love to learn, so Epcot really appeals to me because there's so much to learn there!

Also - Flower and Garden. We've only been once, and I'm not sure we'll ever get to go during that season again, but I just loved it.

My picks for the best:

The World Showcase
The park that is the most “adult”
Close to the boardwalk if you want a break from the parks
The Only Disney park that really changes with the seasons
Plenty of spots to get away from the crowd
Has the best restaurants out of all the parks (the best restaurants imo are usually at the resorts)

From a mom's perspective - it has the most play areas for little kids to get some energy out.

There's ImageWorks; the indoor playground area after Mission Space; Project Tomorrow at the end of Spaceship Earth; the cars and interactive games at the end of Test Track; the aquariums/Bruce's Shark World at the Seas with Nemo and Friends; the jumping fountains by Journey into Imagination; the playgrounds during the festivals; and the hedge maze in the UK.

My husband and I love to grab a cold drink at the UK Beer Cart and enjoy it while our little one runs endless laps through the hedge maze.

Cast members from their country with the new Kidcot stops make it truly education for kids, which I think was what this park originally was intended for. Food is better in this park than any other. Characters are easier to meet in this park than any other, especially around World Showcase. Agent P is really fun for kids. Street entertainment in the World Showcase countries is some of the best, although street performers in AK come in a close second. This park seems less hectic than the others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter