What a rumor this is!!!!

manning

Just for that I have requested it
Found this on Yahoo Disney message board.

"According to a recent New York Post: Rampant rumors circle around that Eisner is on his way out, and he'll be replaced by Jeffrey Kaztenberg. didn't they have a big fight, or something?"

Would be nice if it was true. Not holding my breath.

Well blow me down. Found this at newyorkpost.com under gossip.

August 8, 2002 -- Disney big's days may be numbered

YOU'VE read how the Magic Kingdom has lost some of its alakazam razzmatazz. How Disney stock slumped even lower than its previous low. How its earnings seem caught in some mousetrap. How its cash flow is getting a cheesy rating. That's even though the company's "Signs" and "Lilo and Stitch" are doing well at moviehouses. The prob is, Disney theme parks fell mortally wounded after Sept. 11, plus its network ABC is XYZ in programming.

OK, this you've heard. Not heard are the rumbles about Michael Eisner. Despite none of this being his fault, it's an anti-CEO environment and the vultures are already circling. Books about the Head Mouseketeer's professional demise have already found their way to publishers.

And, if you can believe, talked about as his replacement? His nemesis, the man with whom Eisner had that costly and ugly legal battle, Jeffrey Katzenberg. If you can believe.

Despite none of this being his fault
Huh? I think this needs to be addressed... I feel (as do many of us) that much of it *is* his fault. Perhaps the writer hasn't been following Disney much.

Sarangel

I am really curious to hear about what our resident flies-on-the wall think about the Immortal JK.

AV? Scoop?

What is your opinion, hypothetical it may be, of replacing Eisner with Jeff Katz. M. AV has already laid out his idea that it should be 5 (or 6?) 'experts' pumped up and supported and goaded by a manager-type.

But what exactly would you two (or anyone else for that matter) think about JK replacing The Big ME.

Oh, you're talking about Jeff. I've heard of the guy. Still really good friends with Roy.

You know Roy, the old guy that thinks Disney's fate has been and always will be determined by how well the Studio - and the Animation Division in particular - is doing? Yea, I heard Roy ain't too pleased with the current hired help around the place. Thinks they ought to bring in some who's really good at movies (unlike this Mike character), someone he knows and trusts really well.

Anywho - that's all just gossip right now. Whooo - look at that fancy limo driving down Riverside Drive headed to that new Dreamworks place.

P.S. - Heard people named Steve and John that work up north with those computer movie thingies want to work with Jeff as well.

Originally posted by Another Voice
Oh, you're talking about Jeff. I've heard of the guy. Still really good friends with Roy.

You know Roy, the old guy that thinks Disney's fate has been and always will be determined by how well the Studio - and the Animation Division in particular - is doing? Yea, I heard Roy ain't too pleased with the current hired help around the place. Thinks they ought to bring in some who's really good at movies (unlike this Mike character), someone he knows and trusts really well.

Anywho - that's all just gossip right now. Whooo - look at that fancy limo driving down Riverside Drive headed to that new Dreamworks place.

P.S. - Heard people named Steve and John that work up north with those computer movie thingies want to work with Jeff as well.

Oh my god! AV, you sure did say a mouthfull :)

Is it me or are the rumors about the big ME leaving are getting stronger every day?

STERN VOICE.

Do not tease us, AV. John Lassiter, head of animation?

Don't even joke about that! Let me guess what's next, Christmas comes early and Eddie Sotto is hired as head of parks? Pressler gets 'promoted' to head of Consumer Products (hehehehe)? Another Voice head of Feature Films?

Oh, so Roy is now out of Eisner's camp? When did this happen?

I have no problem with Katzenberg, Jobs & Lassiter coming home to roost...But I don't think 'Chicken Run' movies are exactly what Disney needs and for that matter as successful as 'Shrek' was would anyone be proud to say it was a Disney movie? Or would it be good for the brand?
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

Don't even joke about that! Let me guess what's next, Christmas comes early and Eddie Sotto is hired as head of parks? Pressler gets 'promoted' to head of Consumer Products (hehehehe)? Another Voice head of Feature Films?
HEY!!!! What about your friendly neighborhood LandBaron?!?!?! I've had my application in for over two years now!!!!

Keep calm people....

There is a definte pecking order to Disney information:

1) Facts on the ground
2) Facts as known by real people
3) Facts as printed in press releases
4) "Rumors"
5) Rumors
6) Whispers
7) Gossip

There's a reason this little tidbit was printed in the Post's gossip column.

Damn it AV, now you've gone and gotten me all excited. Just the potential of any of these things coming to pass has resulted in one hopeful hound! Just think of the possiblities...

Come to think of it, this was at least the second mention of ME possibly leaving.

Originally posted by Another Voice
Keep calm people....

There is a definte pecking order to Disney information:

1) Facts on the ground
2) Facts as known by real people
3) Facts as printed in press releases
4) "Rumors"
5) Rumors
6) Whispers
7) Gossip

There's a reason this little tidbit was printed in the Post's gossip column.

Ah, but it is far more exciting to dream about what may be someday, than look at the reality that is now.

How 'bout Judson as head of parks, Sotto (and Yoho! as second in command) in charge of WDI?

And LandBaron as VP in charge of MK?

Scoop as Disney Legal counsel or PR Spindoctor ;)

Peter Pirate in charge of crowd control? ;)

Planogirl in charge of Texas Disney World?

Raidermatt and lrodk CFOs?

Sarangel VP of Disneyland?

Let me and Peter Pirate finish up AK...

Planogirl in charge of Texas Disney World?
Ahem...I think if anything, it should be a shared responsibilty. ;)

Anyway, I think hiring Katz (although unlikely) would be greatness. It'd be the perfect "...and the horse you rode in on" to Eisner. :)

I am submitting my applicaiton to you all to be the new General Manager of the Poly. I promise to make the place sparkle again. No more deffered maintenance, overflowing garbage cans, or cig filters every two feet on the beach. And let's not forget the return of free valet parking.

If we're taking applications, I believe I could make a huge positive impact as the "head" of Animal Kingdom.

-WFH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter