What’s in your “Park Bag”? (Photog Edition)

inneyeseakay

Mouseketeer
Whats everyone carrying to parks?

Body, lenses, tripod/monopod, bag, strap?

Suggestions? Anything and everything related to the gear you take to get the perfect shot inside the parks.

Sony A7rII, extra batteries/memory cards
Samyang 35/2.8
Sony 50/1.8
Viltrox 85/1.8
Tamron 15-30/2.8 (Sigma MC-11)
Tamron 28-75/2.8
Canon 55-250 STM
NW635 TTL Flash

Paracord Wrist Strap

Currently packed in Peak Design Everyday Backpack 20L.

Last edited:
Mostly depends on what I plan on doing that day. If its just a regular park day then its the body and a basic zoom kit lens. If its a photo specific day then its the body, a couple of lenses and a gorilla-pod type tripod plus an extra battery and sd card.

I bring my Canon 6D with either the Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 or the Canon 24-105 f/4 depending on whether I plan on any low light shots. I have a flash (for people and characters) and typically 1 other lens for the day (either Canon 70-200 f/4 or maybe a fisheye). If I'm planning on shooting fireworks, I bring my tripod and store it in a locker during the day.

I don't use a photography backpack. Just a generic backpack with extra lens in a pouch inside. Camera is almost always in my hands or hanging on the Black Rapid strap on my person.

I try to keep it lite.

I use a "fanny" pack for photo gear which will have an extra battery, memory card and a circular polarizing filter. I always have a 50mm f/1.8 (Nifty Fifty) in the bag as it's very light and takes up little space. A Nikon Speedlight (Flash Unit) for outdoor Fill Flash of people and indoor photos where allowed. I may swap out the flash for a Wide Angle Zoom if I have plans on using one.

I carry my Nikon D750 camera with either one of two lenses: Nikon 24-120VR f/4 or Nikon 28-300VR f/3.5-5.6. It will depend on the park of the day. Definitely the longer lens if going to Animal Kingdom.

If I plan on doing any long exposure low light photography of the parks or firework shows, I bring in a tripod and rent a Large Locker for the day to put it in. I then go pick up the tripod when I need it later.

I have been known to bring in a bigger zoom (like the Nikon 80-400VR) to Animal Kingdom. Again, I rent a locker if I am not going to use it all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter