Well, it's happening, can't get VWL or BCV at 7month window, and I own at both!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very subjective. While you don't use the words "dump" or "dirty" you certainly have implied it with terms such as "housing project", and saying it "looks cheap."[/QUOTE]

Sorry if you got that picture in your mind. What I mean by a housing project is "huge". If anyone is familiar of Asbury Park New Jersey. There is high rise project there that is so tall and it has a very nice ocean view.

045029f3.jpg

And...what did you mean by "looks cheap?" Also, please refrain fom posting the same photo over and over, there is no point, and it wastes board resources.

Mods,

Is it possible not to let this personal vendetta proliferate all the across the boards.

WE GET IT!!! Dont stay there!!

To allow someone to wage this personal campaign against SSR and now to post a hateful photo WITH Caption on the DVC Photo Thread is reprehensible!

Everyone shares their happy photos and memories there and to allow one person to defile that thread with their hatemongering should not be allowed.

LIFERBABE said:
Mods,

Is it possible not to let this personal vendetta proliferate all the across the boards.

WE GET IT!!! Dont stay there!!

To allow someone to wage this personal campaign against SSR and now to post a hateful photo WITH Caption on the DVC Photo Thread is reprehensible!

Everyone shares their happy photos and memories there and to allow one person to defile that thread with their hatemongering should not be allowed.

ITA.
Everyone should be allowed to freely express subjective opinions.
There is a difference between opinion and vendetta-and to one poster, it is definitely all about the latter.

Seabright, If you have an issue with SSR and the SSR owners taking up space at other resorts.....then why the heck would you be bashing the resort when someone in another post asked which resort they should stay at..SSR or OKW..you bash SSR..

How is it living in Jersey and always having to look across the water and seeing New York City and know you can only look at it but not live here...Maybe you can use some of your DVC points to stay at one of our Hotels one day....Some of them have real nice hallways!

Dean said:
Maybe they should add the dirt and hay, and maybe the chips as well.

Dean:

Chips?

Poker Chips? :thumbsup2

Potato Chips? popcorn::

Fish and Chips? :stir:

ohhhhhh.......

yuck! :crazy2:

You mean Horsey Hockey Pucks/Chips?

Then let me be the first to say, "Neigh"

-Tony

prez65 said:
Seabright, If you have an issue with SSR and the SSR owners taking up space at other resorts.....then why the heck would you be bashing the resort when someone in another post asked which resort they should stay at..SSR or OKW..you bash SSR..

How is it living in Jersey and always having to look across the water and seeing New York City and know you can only look at it but not live here...Maybe you can use some of your DVC points to stay at one of our Hotels one day....Some of them have real nice hallways!

I don't have any issues with SSR owners. Sure we (DVC) members should and must be able to use our points at good quality resorts.
And speaking of hallways: Another poster at another board saw the picture I posted there and in disbelief ,asked if the SSR hallways really looked that way, and I said yes. Unfortunately, her post and my post were deleted...which i understand.

seabright1 said:
I don't have any issues with SSR owners. Sure we (DVC) members should and must be able to use our points at good quality resorts.
And speaking of hallways: Another poster at another board saw the picture I posted there and in disbelief ,asked if the SSR hallways really looked that way, and I said yes. Unfortunately, her post and my post were deleted...which i understand.

They were deleted because they were off topic for that thread, as I explained to the other poster in a PM. I told the other poster that they could repost the question in its own thread, if they wished.

This thread has strayed far from the topic of availability at 7 months, and possible causes for that. Please return it to that topic.

Chuck S said:
They were deleted because they were off topic for that thread, as I explained to the other poster in a PM.

This thread has strayed far from the topic of availability at 7 months, and possible causes for that. Please return it to that topic.

You are right....I almost forgot what this post started out as :confused3 ....

So far never had a problem booking within seven months at the Beach Club or OKW....and that was prior to my BCV points being added.....I guess it would be a matter of the time you want to go....I will let you know what happens Monday when I try and book WL at seven months for a Febuary Stay......

greenban said:
Dean:

Chips?

Poker Chips? :thumbsup2

Potato Chips? popcorn::

Fish and Chips? :stir:

ohhhhhh.......

yuck! :crazy2:

You mean Horsey Hockey Pucks/Chips?

Then let me be the first to say, "Neigh"

-Tony
You never know.

This thread reminded me to make my 11-month VWL/BCV reservations for next summer. :thumbsup2

BTW, with concrete flooring at SSR, isn't there a lot more "clippity-clopping" heard from the hallway?

Johnnie Fedora said:
This thread reminded me to make my 11-month VWL/BCV reservations for next summer. :thumbsup2

BTW, with concrete flooring at SSR, isn't there a lot more "clippity-clopping" heard from the hallway?

I would think you're right about the concrete floors...but then again, most folks wear sneakers or sandals on vacation. OKW has concrete stairs and landings and you don't hear the "clippity clop" of peoples feet outside.

The noise at SSR may not be noticable.

You're right, though. To help get the accomodations you desire it is best to book as early as possible, and hopefully, everyone owns at the resort the want to stay at the most, with only occasional visits to the other DVCs resorts.

Johnnie Fedora said:
...BTW, with concrete flooring at SSR, isn't there a lot more "clippity-clopping" heard from the hallway?
And there is that added advantage of: when the happy sounds of guests walking those dismal, concerte hallways bounce off the horrible concrete walls --it sounds like horses neighing! And to think there are posters that say SSR has no theming??? A little hay and some more clueles guests (that are wasting their pts for a sub-par DVC resort); to add to the clippty clop and horse's neigh sounds, and SSR will be the 2nd most authentic themed WDW resort, right after AKL. :cool1:

Chuck S said:
I would think you're right about the concrete floors...but then again, most folks wear sneakers or sandals on vacation. OKW has concrete stairs and landings and you don't hear the "clippity clop" of peoples feet outside.

The noise at SSR may not be noticable.
I thought about that too, but at OKW, the sound travels to the open air outside. With this enclosed concrete senario at SSR, it seems like there would be a lot more echo :listen:. Sound would be trapped inside and travel from one hallway end to the other. :confused3

seabright1 - Have you taken the time to actually attend an Owner's Meeting or otherwise used your time constuctively to communicate your "concerns" to DVC?

If so, what was their response?

I'm thinking that it's highly unlikely you are going to achieve whatever goal you have set for this mission of yours amidst quite a large group of SSR owners who are quite happy with their purchase, as well as other DVC'ers who don't appear to have the same issues about SSR as you do.

It's an unfortunate and increasing trend to see this "hate" label being flippantly slapped on opinions that the self-righteous don't agree with. Save that crap for the political boards.

diznyfanatic said:
seabright1 - Have you taken the time to actually attend an Owner's Meeting or otherwise used your time constuctively to communicate your "concerns" to DVC?

If so, what was their response?

I'm thinking that it's highly unlikely you are going to achieve whatever goal you have set for this mission of yours amidst quite a large group of SSR owners who are quite happy with their purchase, as well as other DVC'ers who don't appear to have the same issues about SSR as you do.
You are under the mistaken impression that those meetings are designed or used for this purpose. They are glorified sales and propaganda presentations. The people there are not in a position to do anything about issues of any kind and it's unlikely issues raised in those meetings will get to anyone who is in a position to act. That's not to say it never has happened, but it's not set up that way. Some timeshares actually have working fact related meetings with people like the GM of the resort. They talk about things like upgrades, fabric boards, unit assignments, internet access, Direct TV, taxes, fee collection percentages, unit and resort problems, etc. You're generally talking with someone who knows what's going on at the resort and has the power to do something about issues that come up, neither of which apply to the DVC meetings. To test my thoughts, try complaining about a ceiling fan that needs fixing or some similar issue you called maintenance about but didn't get it taken care of. They'll just tell you to call maint again or the front desk.

Again, the topic of this thread is the 7 month booking window and possible causes of being unable to book a desired resort during that window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter