Well, it's happening, can't get VWL or BCV at 7month window, and I own at both!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
crisi said:
Generally, I don't use the word ugly. I was responding to lobstershanty claiming that saying it is ugly is not the truth. While the exterior and public areas are appealing, to me, the rooms are truthfully ugly (the only resort I LIKE the decor in is VWL - and most people find it too dark - we own at BWV and that is where we stay, but I don't find those rooms attractive.

Generally I say that the rooms are "too traditionally decorated for my taste" and "remind me of a neighbors 1970s living room." But if someone is going to claim that ugly is the wrong word....well, I have as much a right to my feelings, judgements and opinions as anyone else.
And no one can argue with that black and white chair at VWL being UGLY.

Wow! Based on this looooong thread, I would have to say that there are a lot of people who should sell their DVC membership. ITS UGLY! ITS TOO SMALL COMPARED TOO...., ITS TO BIG...THE CARPET IS DIRTY...

Hmmm, one would think we bought in to a custom built home just for us. Folks, this is a timeshare!!!! Nothing more, nothing less! I like all the resorts!!! I prefer some over others, but I like them all!

As to the OP, sorry you couldn't get in. Stop bashing certain owners and accept that this is the result of owning a (dare I say) TIME SHARE!!! If you want perfect decorations with the perfect location that is always available for when you want it, you need to buy your own custom home at the location you want.

Geeez, did I sound bitter? :offtopic:

TeresaNJ said:
I am so impressed! Never in my DIS life have I ever started a thread that's gotten this many replies. :banana: Who would have thought?? I just thought I'd add my .02 and say that when I originally started this thread I was disappointed about having to stay at SSR, but now I'm genuinely excited. It is a huge resort, but the more I look at it, the more it grows on me. I think the decor is beautiful, and the landscaping will be awesome when the resort is finished.

The only reason I was initially disappointed is because I wanted to stay at either VWL or preferaby BCV because of their proximity to the parks, especially since we'll be there during the Food & Wine Festival and MNSSHP, but now I really don't care. We'll have a great time no matter where we stay.
Don't worry, you will be fine. You will be in WDW, for goodness sake and on vacation--those two definitely add up to great!
I do understand your disappointment in not getting BCV because of the super location for F&W. VWL, though really would not be any more convenient than SSR will be to get to Epcot.
We felt the same way when our wait list did not come through and we had to stay at SSR. We even went as far, to call MS in SSR's front desk parking lot before we checked in, to see if anything at BWV, BCV or VWL was available.
We ended up staying at SSR and had a villa with a fantastic view. We were right across from PI. At night it was beautiful. We enjoyed our trip at SSR very much. It will never be our first choice of DVC resorts because we are a "in the middle of the action" family. So, we prefer the park DVC resorts. For us, there is nothing more magical than sitting on our balcony and seeing Spaceship Earth, various parts of WS & of MGM. Being able to hear and see Illuminations and Fantasmic. We also like the resorts that are all in one building with the hotel atmosphere. These resorts also have the added plus of being very much conveniently located to many things and yet still provide a beautiful DVC villa, just behind your door.
We did miss these things when staying at SSR. But we still had a great trip and liked SSR just fine.

There were new changes at SSR that we liked, that are not available at the other DVC resorts. The zero depth entry pool and the much more comfortable lounges at the pools are among them. We also loved the furniture and decor of the villas. All the other DVC resort (except VWL) have the beachy, airy feel and style of furniture. Which we also love. But we also found the furniture at SSR to be a refreshing change. It felt like fine antique furniture. We did not find it 1970's at all. We found it elegant.
You have to go into SSR with the understanding, that no, it will not be as convenient to get to parks as BCV, etc will be. But it is still a very nice resort, as are all WDW resorts. I am sure you will enjoy your stay there.

Dean said:
And no one can argue with that black and white chair at VWL being UGLY.

It is the couch at VWL that is REALLY UGLY :rotfl2:

Will they ever replace it with something that
I can actually look at without feeling slightly sick to my stomach? :rotfl:

I think what causes turmoil between home resorts is not so much what is said, even critism, as when it is said.

If someone asks, "What is your favorite resort and why?", then if you love BCV, sing to your heart's content, but leave your negative SSR comments out of it.

For example Beach Club Villas Betty just loves her home resort and responds by saying she loves it because of the location to Epcot, the theme, and SAB.

Then SSR Sarah says she loves SSR due to the theme, the main pool, Artist's Pallette and being close to DD.

Then BCV Betty replies, you have got to be kidding, how in the world could anyone like that oversized, apartment complex in the middle of nowhere, with no theme, and the ugliest furniture known to man.

And especially when you have a new person to the forum and they ask a simple question like does SSR have more than one pool.

And again instead of just replying there is a main pool and 2 non theme pools at Paddocks and Congress Park.

You get from BCV Betty, SSR how in the world could anyone like that oversized, apartment complex in the middle of nowhere, with no theme, and the ugliest furniture known to man.

It is no longer an opinion that is worthy of consideration, it just becomes crap that everyone is tired of hearing.

045029f3.jpg

A picture of the hallways of SSR.
cracked concrete
look at the walls and "any trimmings"?
See for yourself. Make an objective comment if you will. or not

seabright1 said:
045029f3.jpg

cracked concrete
I'll make an objective comment. We also do not like the hallways at SSR and think they cheapen the beauty of the buildings. We feel they should either open them all the way up like OKW or close them in and carpet and air condition them like BCV, BWV & VWL.
That is an objective comment. You though, seem to be on this personal mission to make SSR out to be some kind of dump and that is anything but true. Why you are on this mission is beyond me. If you do not like the resort--don't stay there. But do not tell untruths about the resort such as it is like a housing project, etc. All one has to do is do a search and look at the many pictures of SSR on the internet, to see that it is far from the way you describe this resort. Give it up, already. Sammie is right, everyone is tired of hearing it.

seabright1 said:
045029f3.jpg

cracked concrete

SSR is set up to look like you are walking through Paddocks at Saratoga Race Track..or any racetrack for that matter...My family owned several Race horses in the past and Disney did a good job at creating the effect.....minus the dirt and hay. When I first toured SSR it did bring back those memories.. I would like to see them hang some yokes,saddles and such... along the walls to really increase the effect...I am sure they will eventually...it is still a work in progress....

prez65 said:
SSR is set up to look like you are walking through Paddocks at Saratoga Race Track..or any racetrack for that matter...My family owned several Race horses in the past and Disney did a good job at creating the effect.....minus the dirt and hay. When I first toured SSR it did bring back those memories.. I would like to see them hang some yokes,saddles and such... along the walls to really increase the effect...I am sure they will eventually...it is still a work in progress....
Maybe they should add the dirt and hay, and maybe the chips as well.

thelobstershanty said:
I'll make an objective comment. We also do not like the hallways at SSR and think they cheapen the beauty of the buildings. We feel they should either open them all the way up like OKW or close them in and carpet and air condition them like BCV, BWV & VWL.
That is an objective comment. You though, seem to be on this personal mission to make SSR out to be some kind of dump and that is anything but true. Why you are on this mission is beyond me. If you do not like the resort--don't stay there. But do not tell untruths about the resort such as it is like a housing project, etc. All one has to do is do a search and look at the many pictures of SSR on the internet, to see that it is far from the way you describe this resort. Give it up, already. Sammie is right, everyone is tired of hearing it.

I do not plan to stay there again but in the event that the other resorts are fullly booked during my intended vacation time, I may have to resort to the "resort of the last resort.

The pictures you see at the internet about saratoga ais what i call ...beautified press realease pictures..the pictures that they only want you to see...Have you seen a picture of that hideous hallway in the internet? perhaps not.

Next time i go to disney and if i have time to "waste" i may just take some more(my point of view) pictures of that place ..where dvc really messed up and could have built a potentially beautiful resort with a huge "WOW".

I did not say that saratoga is a dump or dirty. That place does not fit right.
I would like a place that does not look cheap...like what you "the hallways cheapens the beauty of the resort".
I would like a place where the dvc points i trade deserves each and every point i use.

seabright1 said:
I do not plan to stay there again but in the event that the other resorts are fullly booked during my intended vacation time, I may have to resort to the "resort of the last resort.

The pictures you see at the internet about saratoga ais what i call ...beautified press realease pictures..the pictures that they only want you to see...Have you seen a picture of that hideous hallway in the internet? perhaps not.

Next time i go to disney and if i have time to "waste" i may just take some more(my point of view) pictures of that place ..where dvc really messed up and could have built a potentially beautiful resort with a huge "WOW".

I would like a place that does not look cheap...like what you "the hallways cheapens the beauty of the resort".
I would like a place where the dvc points i trade deserves each and every point i use.

Please STOP.

I think you have been on your anti-SSR mission for SO long, even YOU don't realize the statements you've made, and what you've called the resort some of us are proud to call home.

As Sammie and many others have said, the rest of us are tired of hearing it. ENOUGH ALREADY. PLEASE!

seabright1 said:
If the other resorts are filled, you have no one to blame but yourself for not booking earlier. And if it is the only resort available, you always have the option of traveling at another time. A shame no one wants to accept any personal responsibility for making their travel plans, instead of constantly complaining.
Have you see many pictures of hallways at any resort? A hallway is a hallway, while I agree SSR could add some themeing touches as another poster mentioned...it is JUST a hallway.
SSR IS a beautiful resort, just not by "your" standards...but apparently it does meet the standard of design and beauty for many, many owners. Too bad you can't accept that and move on.

Very subjective. While you don't use the words "dump" or "dirty" you certainly have implied it with terms such as "housing project", and saying it "looks cheap."

Seabright, maybe you need to go spend some time in a homeless shelter. That might help with your whining issues.

It's one thing to enjoy Disney and nice hotels; it's another thing to just be snotty.
Shannon

seabright1 said:
Next time i go to disney and if i have time to "waste" i may just take some more(my point of view) pictures of that place

I used to think Seabright was serious, but now I am wondering.

What person in his or her right mind would go to Disney on vacation and use their sweet family vacation time just to travel to a place they hate and take the least flattering pictures they could come up with, for the sole purpose of coming home and spending hours uploading the images and using them to post nasty, hateful remarks for the sole purpose of making others feel bad/defensive?

If all of his/her postings are not a joke, this is, seriously, the most pathetic, sad thing I can think of. I can't even imagine what it must be like to walk around that angry and miserable all the time. :sad1:

shantay1008 said:
Seabright, maybe you need to go spend some time in a homeless shelter. That might help with your whining issues.

It's one thing to enjoy Disney and nice hotels; it's another thing to just be snotty.
Shannon

I know I am personally getting attacked here. I don't have anything against any of the dvc owners that may have been offended. It is a DVC thing.

And before suggesting that I stay at a homeless shelter..please walk the walk or try doing it yourself first.

I have tried ( regretfully) SSR firsthand.
045029f3.jpg

SSR HALLWAY

I don't post a lot, but I have been reading for a long time.

Before SSR, didn't we often hear complaints about Vero Beach and Hilton Head members (before they were sold out) booking at WDW resorts?

I remember people saying that it wasn't fair that they paid less for their points and then were filling up "our resorts."

There will always be members booking all the popular resorts at popular times and renting them out. There will always be people who don't plan ahead, like myself. Just be thankful that you are not stuck with a specific week per year like most timeshares.

I agree that there will always be something to complain about and really it is a big waste of time to do so.

I love all the resorts and feel fortunate to own at all.

Thanks for listening
~Pam

seabright1 said:
I know I am personally getting attacked here. I don't have anything against any of the dvc owners that may have been offended. It is a DVC thing.

And before suggesting that I stay at a homeless shelter..please walk the walk or try doing it yourself first.

045029f3.jpg

SSR HALLWAY

Oh my gosh, that hallway looks like... gasp... a hallway.

Everyone short your Disney stock right now.

Before SSR, didn't we often hear complaints about Vero Beach and Hilton Head members (before they were sold out) booking at WDW resorts?
Not really, what we heard complaints about mostly was DVC selling VB and HH for this purpose, quite different IMO. And while it's accurate that one will have their home resort priority, SSR has certainly shed a different light on the issue due to it's large size, large number of points and apparently higher percentage of owners buying just to get into the system. I'm not saying that's bad, just the way it is.

There will always be members booking all the popular resorts at popular times and renting them out. There will always be people who don't plan ahead, like myself. Just be thankful that you are not stuck with a specific week per year like most timeshares.
We agree there are resorts that are more popular and those that are less so, that is a large part of this issue.
I agree that there will always be something to complain about and really it is a big waste of time to do so.
I totally disagree with the idea we should just accept what we don't agree with. If that happens, nothing will ever change for the better. Obviously there are better and worse ways to point out specific issues or problems but even taking the worst approach is likely better than saying nothing in most cases.
I love all the resorts and feel fortunate to own at all.
And that is likely the crux of the matter. Many DO NOT feel the same way. No question all DVC resorts are very nice in their own way, however, IMO there are enough negatives about some resorts to affect many's desire to stay there and the quality of their time if they did end up staying there. And while there are no resorts I'd rather stay home than accept, there are certain situations that I'd rather stay home (Smoking or HC unit)

I guess this relates to one of the problems I have about these type BBS. IMO, one can hate everything about a given resort and say so and it's not bashing the resort as long as they are not technically inaccurate in the important details.

seabright1 said:

045029f3.jpg

SSR HALLWAY
My point is that you are fussing about a hallway when most people in the world can't even dream of affording a Disney vacation, let alone a DVC membership. If the worst thing in your life is having to stay at SSR, then you should be so incredibly thankful. You have got to understand that when you complain about SSR, it makes other people feel bad. And while it is certainly your right to make other people feel bad, why in the world would you want to?

Re: the homeless shelter, I apologize if you have been in one and have since pulled yourself up by your bootstraps to a place where you can afford DVC.
Shannon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter