Website

I called to add some services on a DCL booking I did through DVC, the agents are locked out of all those systems right now due to this. :(

I’m still getting directed to the virtual queue this morning. So another fun filled dvc day, again 😩

So I just went to the site. Waited in the queue for about 3 minutes and then went in. It seems silly to me that 24 hours later they still have ait, but at least everything seems to be working fine.
The queue automatically activates whenever website traffic is high. It wasn’t expressly enabled during the maintenance period. It’s a byproduct of the number of people trying to access the site after the outage.

The queue automatically activates whenever website traffic is high. It wasn’t expressly enabled during the maintenance period. It’s a byproduct of the number of people trying to access the site after the outage.
Do you think it's still so busy because of people paying their dues? Or some other reason? For us we just wanted to add on to a Sept. trip to add MM.

I guess there were a lot of us on this morning at 3:00am EST because I was directed to the queue then. It wasn’t long, but couldn’t believe the site was that busy. Unless someone forgot to disable it.

I just got on and tried to find my tax info the listed on the first page and all I got was a blank page. Tried to go back and still only got a blank white page. Can't go to home page to sign out . Then I noticed that me add-block is blocking DVC. what the heck is going on with DVC site. I did unblock DVC but this has never happened to me before. I just tried to get back on DVC site and it's still a white page.

I guess there were a lot of us on this morning at 3:00am EST because I was directed to the queue then. It wasn’t long, but couldn’t believe the site was that busy. Unless someone forgot to disable it.

It doesn’t get disabled. It just kicks in when there are a lot of people trying to access the site.

what the heck is going on with DVC site. I did unblock DVC but this has never happened to me before.

They are doing work on it.

Another company I do business with has their site down ALL weekend, purposely, to make big changes. It happens sometimes.

Most of us are surprised because we are used to amazon, but amazon runs a "master" site on which they change and test on before switching it to the live site. Takes a lot of resources to do that. Not all companies can or wish to use that many resources.

It doesn’t get disabled. It just kicks in when there are a lot of people trying to access the site.
I was put into a queue at 4:45 this morning (albeit for like 5 seconds). I think it is related to the number of resources being called by the site vs. the actual # of people accessing it. I think their updates 2 nights ago caused a memory leak, unnecessary resources being used, etc. This is what is bringing the queue up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter