We Wants The Rum or Do We? April Trip Report! Complete! New TR in my signature 8/26**

You know, I always associated WPE as being an airport restaurant because that was my first experience with WPE, and I only went to the Disney Springs one later. LOL

Haha yours is not the first driver I've heard to go the wrong way!

I like kids meals too! I should totally do this when I do my solo trips because then I can eat more variety of foods and snacks.

I don't drink soda either that much so I never get a mug, but Steve loves his diet coke so he always gets one.

I love the smell in here. It's like cotton candy and popcorn and candy apples and all things good.

Haha! I totally would too.

Love the pictures! Love the Tangled tower!

OOOH this looks mighty tasty! I'll have to check out Frontera!

Oh the rooms look so pretty now!
I didn’t even realize WPE was out there, let alone in airports! The pizza was really delicious at 8:00am:rotfl:
Our bus driver was so inexperienced, I would have been a better driver :bitelip:
The kids meals are a good deal, we get the kids meals often at QS
We have so many mugs at home, we could open a store:drinking1
Big Top is one of my favorite places, I always feel like my trip has truly started once I see the castle and smell the wonderful smells in Big Top!
Tangled is such a fun spot,
I highly recommend Fontera, it was really a great food experience!

WOOHOO! I just got sad when I read the start of this and realized your passes were ending. More awesome TRs to come!

How about the end of June instead?

This looks heavenly! Actually your whole meal looked amazing. May have to actually try out Frontera sometime soon.

Would have never guessed that Andi is Slytherin! Her outfit is too cute

That happened to me too! Like really wet! I swear it didn't used to do that.

Well she is Slytherin, after all! :rotfl:
:welcome:Thanks for coming over from my last report! I just couldn’t pass up a trip in August, we have had some awesome trips in August, despite the heat.

Are you heading back the end of June? I thought you mentioned you were heading back soon in your current report.

Vodoo was so good, I highly recommend stopping in for a donut if able.

We took the house sorting test on Pottermore and Andi was a Slytherin, I was a Griffindor (sp)?

Fontera is really good, I recommend you try it!

I didn't realize the change had gone into effect yet. I obviously haven't seen it, but my instinct is this is political correctness gone array. Of course I'm a proponent of rum so maybe I will like it after all :drinking1

What great luck that someone who could have ruined your picture by running through it and instead left you a great bubble shot.

Wow, she looks seriously upset. I have no idea how this to play these rides so your score is massively impressive to me.
Have some rum before the ride, it may be better:rotfl2:
I agree the bubbles were a nice touch in the picture!
Andi has a good pouty face::yes::
90% ofmthe time I have no idea what I am aiming at.

I'm finally here!

Loving all of your cute photos!

I like the idea of spending just a day at UO, it seems you hit everything I like to do there in just a morning/afternoon. I do really love that FJ ride. My kids absolutely hate it, not because the ride itself scares them, but because of that spider. They have some crazy arachnophobia :scared1:

I don't mind the new red-head scene at all…I must be weird, but I just so enjoy that whole ride whether or not she's being auctioned off.

Can't wait to read more!
:welcome:So glad you are able to join in.
The one day at UO worked well for us. I bought value tickets from Undercover tourist, a little bit less with some black out days somfor us it worked fine.
I, actually, really like the spider scenes. FJ is an awesome ride. I am more afraid of the whomping willow!
Andi really liked the new scene, I think it is just so different and to me, it doesn’t fit in with a Pirates life as well as the other scene.

Finally all caught up now we`re home again!!!

Loving reading everything you did at Universal.........so glad you enjoyed Voodoo Donuts........they are so good!!!

Love all your pictures and even enjoying the Disney parts......:D jk........so much fun........I do remember loving PoTC....and Haunted Mansion too, I have to get some of those dish towels........

And thanks for the picture of the Universal mug from Starbucks......I`ve never got one before but will now.........

Looking forward to reading the rest........:thumbsup2

Those donuts from Vodoo were delicious. If health and calories didn’t count I would have one everyday:love:
Anxious to hear in your report what you thought of F&F at UO. I love UO, every time we are there I love it more.
I really liked the HM dish towels as well. HM is Andi’s favorite ride at MK
I really like my UOR mug from Starbucks. I try to collect the mugs from different places.

Yay for rewnewing! Hopefully you get a November trip in because replying to your PTR, I accidentally mixed up your dates and thought you were going again this year. Reading the details, I thought it seemed so familiar... because I already read about them in your actual TR! :rotfl2: Oh well. Off to read your current Tr!
:welcome: Glad to have you joining in. I am glad we renewed for one more year. I love planning trips so this means we can have more!
I would love to go back around Thanksgiving again, don’t give me ideas:idea:

Hello! I am enjoying your trip report. We will be going to WDW for the first time in 2 years in July, and I am currently binging on trip reports. :D You and your daughter are adorable, and your daughter has the best smile! Your voodoo donut looks incredible, and yours is the 2nd trip report I've read recently that mentions the chocolate factory. I can't even imagine tackling one of those milkshakes although they look amazing! Looking forward to the rest of your report and, BTW, my family is in the love CoP category, too (and PM). :goodvibes

Hello! I am enjoying your trip report. We will be going to WDW for the first time in 2 years in July, and I am currently binging on trip reports. :D You and your daughter are adorable, and your daughter has the best smile! Your voodoo donut looks incredible, and yours is the 2nd trip report I've read recently that mentions the chocolate factory. I can't even imagine tackling one of those milkshakes although they look amazing! Looking forward to the rest of your report and, BTW, my family is in the love CoP category, too (and PM). :goodvibes
Hello and :welcome:. Thanks for joining in! Yay:cheer2:to heading back to WDW. I see you are staying at the Dolphin, so close to Epcot and DHS!
Thanks for the nice comments, I agree on Andi’s smile!
We really enjoyed the donuts and the Chocolate Factory, it was a fun and delicious day!
Are you planning a visit to UO? If so I would recommend both!
Ahh CoP and PM fans, my favorite:love:

Following along! I always enjoy your trip reports and Andi reminds me of my daughter, so of course, I think she’s super cute. Here’s a picture for reference.814E014A-E0C7-4D45-86DD-2414D8BF5018.jpeg
It’s the glasses and hair. I agree with you about the new POTC scene. It’s not that I think the new scene is bad, but it wasn’t necessary to change it (they’re pirates!) and I prefer the original scene. We have a trip planned the end of August and will just miss you. We plan to visit Universal during that trip, so your Universal post was helpful. I had planned on going to Voodoo and Toothsome.

:welcome:Yay! Thank you for reading and commenting this time around! It is so fun to virtually meet some great people here on the Dis and sometimes in person! Boo, we will miss a meet up! We prefer the end of August but with Andi’s college starting:sad:, we have to go earlier.

Wow, you are so right with the similarities between Andi and your dd! How old is your dd?

You summed up my thoughts on Pirates perfectly!
UO is such a fun visit as well, don’t skip the donut shop if able it is worth it. I also really enjoyed Toothsome as did Andi. Will you be spending more than one day at UO? If not going early really helps!

Reposted below for @1983DisneyFanatic I am a dork and thought I was replying to you!

Last edited:
Time for 3 parks in one day, let’s start with Epcot, shall we!

FP + is at AK today.

We decided to head to Epcot this morning, we didn’t realize it was EMH at Epcot until we got to the bus stop and it was crowded. Here we thought, we were getting a good start to a 9:00am opening.
Oh well, the bus was packed, we got to Epcot around 8:30 so the park had already been open for about 30 minutes.

We, of course, got in the slowest line ever!! The people in front of us were tapping blue Mickey’s so the CM calls us to come around them, well the lady had her stroller blocking the area. I politely said excuse me and she tore into me, yikes! She said what the bleep, bleep do you want me to do! Cranky early morning park goers, man:worried:. We squeezed around the crabby family and made it into the park!

I immediately made Andi stop for a pp, she was less than thrilled but obliged. We took our chances and headed to Soarin. The line time was 10 minutes:dogdance: so we pretty much walked the long queue without stopping until we were waiting for our concourse. We didn’t get B1. I would wait for it but Miss Andi thinks it is embarrassing to request this:confused3, ugh shy teenagers! We were in C2, it was okay but definitely distorted on this concourse. I do enjoy this ride but still miss the old one!
IMG_May302018at95528AM.jpg

Andi was tired and a bit irritable, like the stroller lady:rotfl2:I did convince her to ride a favorite LwtL with a 5 minute wait! I love this attraction. I remember riding this in 1989 with my parents and sister. My dad loved it! He has always had huge gardens and he really enjoyed the info during the ride. I noticed more Mickey heads this time around. Andi wanted to go to Starbucks and get a refresher to help her wake up! I was in total agreement, hoping it would snap her out of her irritability :hyper:
IMG_May302018at95329AM.jpg

I saw Soarin still had a 10 minute wait so I hopped back in line on my own. Again, this was a walk on and I got concourse B row 1:cheer2:. I enjoyed the ride more this time, less distortion. I met up with Andi by Starbucks, she did seem happier with her refresher:drinking1yay for me! Next up was SE, this was also pretty much a walk on. Love this ride! We headed over to Nemo and friends and went under the sea searching for Nemo. This was also a walk on for us. The dolphins were out after the ride so we spent time watching them frolicking in the water!
IMG_May302018at95918AM.jpg

We decided to pick up our AP magnets and F&G booklet next. We took a few pictures with our new items before checking out the butterfly garden! Did I mention, it was beautiful out again, so the flowers and topiary extra awesome!
IMG_May302018at100524AM.jpg IMG_May302018at100141AM.jpg IMG_May302018at100025AM.jpg IMG_May302018at95827AM.jpg IMG_May302018at95751AM.jpg IMG_May302018at95617AM.jpg
I wish the pp cm would have told us this was crooked! Oh well
IMG_May302018at100601AM.jpg

Stay tuned in next post for WS adventures!

WS Adventures!
IMG_May302018at105351AM.jpg
IMG_May302018at105220AM.jpg
IMG_May302018at110023AM.jpg

It was still morning, so not much was open yet, we headed towards Mexico and saw the QS cantina was opened, score! I was starving by this time, it was 10:40. I jumped in line to order us some chips and guacamole and the kids empanada meal. This was served with grapes and a small bottled water.
IMG_May302018at105417AM.jpg IMG_May302018at105324AM.jpg IMG_May302018at105258AM.jpg

People were already ordering margaritas hey why not it is vacation time! We found a nice spot by the lake to sit and enjoy our food. The guacamole was fresh and tasty. The cheese filled empanadas were really good. This was a good time to come everything was freshly made. The kids meal came with a spaghetti type side with Mexican white cheese on it. This was weirdly satisfying. Tasted like spaghettio’s, which I have not had in years. It was a little addicting. I kept going back for one more forkful:hyper:.

We headed into the Mexican Pavilion once we finished our food. I was looking at the Coco displays, so much more meaning to me since I finally watched the movie! I will just say, loved it!!! Probably my favorite Pixar movie right now. I cried liked a baby in this movie. Andi did as well while we watched together.:sad: What a neat tradition the Mexican culture has honoring the dead, I love it.
IMG_May302018at105448AM.jpg IMG_May302018at105839AM.jpg

We did the Gran Fiesta ride next, such a fun relaxing ride. I enjoyed it more after watching Coco.
IMG_May302018at105102AM.jpg IMG_May302018at105136AM.jpg

We spent time browsing the goodies in the pavilion before moving on.

Cont.......WS adventures, more food and shopping!

Even being late for EMH, you got to ride a lot of rides with short waits! Nice getting to sneak in a second ride on Soarin ;)

Love the pictures with the topiaries, it really did look like a beautiful day.

Sounds like a yummy early lunch!

I politely said excuse me and she tore into me, yikes! She said what the bleep, bleep do you want me to do! Cranky early morning park goers, man

Yikes, people can be so rude!

That reminds me of when I was at Disneyland trying to exit the park after Fantasmic, which is basically wall to wall people. This lady started screaming and yelling, saying "DON'T PUSH ME, I HAVE MY KID WITH ME". Someone else was like, 'um yeah everyone does' :rotfl:

Anyway, I don't know what people expect in crowds!

We didn’t get B1. I would wait for it but Miss Andi thinks it is embarrassing to request this

B1 is the only way to go! I don't even want to ride if I have to have feet in my face or screen distortion. At least with the old Soarin' any section was ok in row 1. Oh, how I miss old Soarin!

img_may302018at100524am-jpg.325840

This is such an adorable picture of you two!

That is so strange that it was served with spaghetti!

I was looking at the Coco displays, so much more meaning to me since I finally watched the movie! I will just say, loved it!!! Probably my favorite Pixar movie right now.

I loved those displays! Coco is a wonderful movie and I love that it teaches about a different culture. And it's such a lovely tradition.

I politely said excuse me and she tore into me, yikes! She said what the bleep, bleep do you want me to do! Cranky early morning park goers, man:worried:. We squeezed around the crabby family and made it into the park!

Jeez! How rude!

Cute picture! I took a lot of pictures of my Allie in front of "the walls."

Did I mention, it was beautiful out again, so the flowers and topiary extra awesome!
img_may302018at100524am-jpg.325840

Great picture! Looks like the refresher did the trick :P

Tasted like spaghettio’s, which I have not had in years.

They look like spaghettios…I don't know if that's good or bad :laughing:

I'm super behind, so I wasn't going to quote anything as I read, but then I just had to mention:

This is such an awesome shirt! The color is pretty, and I LOVE the design with Mrs. Potts and Chip. :)

Your Flower and Garden pictures came out great, too. I'm so glad I got a chance to see this year's festival briefly before it ended.

Following along! I always enjoy your trip reports and Andi reminds me of my daughter, so of course, I think she’s super cute. Here’s a picture for reference.View attachment 325586
It’s the glasses and hair. I agree with you about the new POTC scene. It’s not that I think the new scene is bad, but it wasn’t necessary to change it (they’re pirates!) and I prefer the original scene. We have a trip planned the end of August and will just miss you. We plan to visit Universal during that trip, so your Universal post was helpful. I had planned on going to Voodoo and Toothsome.
:welcome:Yay! Thank you for reading and commenting this time around! It is so fun to virtually meet some great people here on the Dis and sometimes in person! Boo, we will miss a meet up! We prefer the end of August but with Andi’s college starting:sad:, we have to go earlier.

Wow, you are so right with the similarities between Andi and your dd! How old is your dd?

You summed up my thoughts on Pirates perfectly!
UO is such a fun visit as well, don’t skip the donut shop if able it is worth it. I also really enjoyed Toothsome as did Andi. Will you be spending more than one day at UO? If not going early really helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter