We Wants The Rum or Do We? April Trip Report! Complete! New TR in my signature 8/26**

Following along!! Still reading your earlier one, too. So jealous, so many trips!! :)
:welcome:Thanks for reading and joining in, yay!!
OK...I'll join in...but...the purple wall. I don't get it...
:welcome: The purple wall is beloved by many a millennial! I grew up in the 80’s way before social media so I don’t really get it either. I embrace it for my dd.

Following along! :wave2:
:welcome: Thanks for joining in

Joining in!! Love the photos at the purple wall- and that they even had a PP photographer there!
:welcome:. Disney is finally embracing the purple wall yay!!

Joining in!
:welcome:

Following along! I have your previous TR to catch up on still. I'll try to keep up with this one.
:welcome: Thanks for reading my reports!

Here following - looking forward to it!

Count me in! :)

I'm here too! :wave:

I'm here!! Still catching up on your last TR but excited for this one too, and I made it on the first page, yay!

Hey Caroline....posting so I can keep following........you know me......I always forget to look over here on this side of the boards.......:D

I do enjoy your reports with your lovely daughter..........look forward to reading along........
Hi Carole :welcome: I have to catch up on your latest report, love reading them! We did go to USO on our 2nd day!

Joining in. :wave: I also have a son graduating in May. Actually it's this Saturday.:worried: He went on his Sr. Trip to Disney last month. He said it was crazy crowded. I hope it wasn't as bad for y'all as he was there a week or so before you. I'm looking forward to reading along and congratulations to your daughter.
:welcome: Congratulations to your son, Andi is my baby so it is tough for me. We did see many school groups and senior class groups but it wasn’t to crowded. It would have been really low crowds without all those groups.

I love reading your reports!

I'm in! Looks like we were there at the same time!
:welcome:, I wish we could have said hi! Hope you had a nice trip.

Joining the fun!

I'm super excited to read about your mother/daughter trip and hoping it will help me to plan mine! I'm surprising my graduating daughter with a long weekend trip later this month to celebrate the end of high school. Told her we're going to Maine so she doesn't make any plans :)
:welcome:How fun for you two. It should be a blast, we love traveling together.

Yay!!! I'm here! Wouldn't miss it :goodvibes

Mine will expire in August but it's unlikely I'll get back after my May trip and before mine expires :sad: Will you get another AP beginning your next trip? I definitely won't renew in August as I'm unsure when I'll get back next, but it'll also be hard to go from having an AP to not having one, so we'll see! ;)

You are so lucky to have each other!

Cannot wait to read all about your latest adventure! :goodvibes
:welcome:Tracy, so happy to have you joining in! I am still tossing around an August trip before Andi leaves for college so I may renew! Shhhh don’t tell anyone, lol?

Joining in!

Woohoo!! Just finished your other TR and your PTR for this trip. Excited to be following along again
:welcome: Thank you for reading my reports:thanks:

Joining in for all the fun as well!! :)
Hi Susan, I just found your PTR so reading along! :flower:

Okay, I have to confess to all my fellow Disney lovers, I am going to renew our AP for another year.

We are going to go back to Disney in August:cool1::Pinkbounc I was able to book a trip with a great TA rate for WL from 8/15-8/20/18. It is early enough so it will not interfere with college for Andi and I was able to take vacation during this time. It is going to be so fun!! We love going in the boiling hot month of August. :beach: I have quite a large amount of money left on Disney GC's so this was a no brainer, right? If anyone is going at this time let me know!!

Okay, I have to confess to all my fellow Disney lovers, I am going to renew our AP for another year.

We are going to go back to Disney in August:cool1::Pinkbounc I was able to book a trip with a great TA rate for WL from 8/15-8/20/18. It is early enough so it will not interfere with college for Andi and I was able to take vacation during this time. It is going to be so fun!! We love going in the boiling hot month of August. :beach: I have quite a large amount of money left on Disney GC's so this was a no brainer, right? If anyone is going at this time let me know!!

Fun! Our APs expire 7/4 but I don't think we're going to renew because we have a cruise in November. I'm trying to talk DH into a late August trip in 2019. It's not taking much convincing but he takes an annual trip with my son to the Little League World Series so I need to work around that. I'm figuring the August heat is as bad as July and we lived.

Exciting about your APs and your August trip!! We'll be there the same time (offsite for those dates,) so maybe we'll run into you again, and can meet the infamous Andi :goodvibes

:welcome:Tracy, so happy to have you joining in! I am still tossing around an August trip before Andi leaves for college so I may renew! Shhhh don’t tell anyone, lol?
I guess the cat's outta the bag now, huh? :rotfl2: But don't blame me! ;):laughing:

Yay! So happy you're heading back in August. :hyper::hyper: I love going in August and wish I could again this year... especially since my AP will be expiring that month :sad1: But somehow my school semesters worked out to have four days off in between summer and fall so there goes that idea :sad: But ya never know I guess, right? ;)

Fun! Our APs expire 7/4 but I don't think we're going to renew because we have a cruise in November. I'm trying to talk DH into a late August trip in 2019. It's not taking much convincing but he takes an annual trip with my son to the Little League World Series so I need to work around that. I'm figuring the August heat is as bad as July and we lived.
It is hard to not keep renewing the AP’s once you have them. August is hot but I love it! I hope you all sneak another trip in.

Exciting about your APs and your August trip!! We'll be there the same time (offsite for those dates,) so maybe we'll run into you again, and can meet the infamous Andi :goodvibes
Yay, maybe our paths will cross again, so fun and Andi will be with for sure!

I guess the cat's outta the bag now, huh? :rotfl2: But don't blame me! ;):laughing:

Yay! So happy you're heading back in August. :hyper::hyper: I love going in August and wish I could again this year... especially since my AP will be expiring that month :sad1: But somehow my school semesters worked out to have four days off in between summer and fall so there goes that idea :sad: But ya never know I guess, right? ;)
Ha! You got that right, I just couldn’t resist the great rate at WL and money left over on GC’s. I wish you were going again in August, I just hate when real life gets in the way don’t you! At least you have a trip coming up soon :dogdance:

Time for Day 1..........Up and ready to go early in the morning....................

My alarm went off at 4:00 am and I was ready to go to WDW. Here is an unflattering picture of me for TR purposes. I had my Beauty and the Beast coffee cup and my new Disney sweatshirt on.
D3B7A824-F3E2-4AEE-96BD-C21A57520F3B.jpeg

My little Buddy dog is close behind me like always. I woke Andi up and we headed to the airport in our town. My husband dropped us off at about 5:30 for our 6:25 flight. One nice thing about flying out of this little airport is you really don’t need to get there to early. We checked in and were through security and at the gate within 15 minutes. Flight was on time and we were touching down in Chicago by 8:00. We were on the C concourse for those of you familiar with O'Hare airport. Our next flight was at 10:00 so we had some time to look around for some breakfast.

I wanted Chicago deep dish but couldn’t find the one from the last trip but look what I found instead!
IMG_May32018at84357PM.jpg
I was so excited to see a WPE in our concourse. They had some great breakfast options but I went with the pizza. It was a three cheese, mushroom, and truffle oil pizza with arugula on it! A savory pizza for breakfast hit the spot for me, this was delicious for being airport food.
IMG_May32018at84432PM.jpg IMG_May32018at84551PM.jpg

Andi had McDonalds breakfast with a latte. I didn’t get a picture of her food, very boring compared to my pizza. Our 2nd flight was on time and we were off to Orlando. I watched a movie that I downloaded from Amazon Prime. Jack Reacher, it was okay, action packed. Andi worked on a Spanish assignment. The flight was uneventful yay! We were in Orlando and heading to the ME area by 1:30.

We checked in and were the last two on the bus to FQ. We were so excited to be on our way to the resort. I had not received a text yet for our room but it was still a little early so I wasn’t to concerned.
Here are a few snap chat pictures on the bus. It was very nice weather here in Orlando!
IMG_May32018at85535PM.jpg IMG_May32018at85602PM.jpg IMG_May32018at85632PM.jpg

Oh my we had a new bus driver and he was so nervous. We were in the front so we could see his papers and info, he needed to keep looking at yikes. He told us we were heading to the MK resorts, um what? He then proceeded to drive 40 miles an hour on the freeway and he was so nervous when traffic would merge onto the freeway. I didn’t enjoy this ride at all. I know everyone has to learn but this was not fun and took forever!!

After what seemed like 3 hours we were finally seeing the Welcome to Disney sign.
IMG_May32018at85702PM.jpg
Our first stop was Old Key West Resort to drop off, the poor driver went the wrong way and had to try and turn this huge bus around in a small spot, yikes! I knew he was going the wrong way but didn’t have the heart to say anything. Next up was Saratoga Springs then finally French Quarter!

Stay tuned for Part 2, I wonder when we will get a room ready text??

Finally here!

WL from 8/15-8/20/18.
Right now we're planning on being there the 18th-25th, so if nothing changes hopefully we can finally meet! I have no idea at all what our plans are yet though lol; I work on everyone else's plans first and ours last now.

He then proceeded to drive 40 miles an hour on the freeway and he was so nervous when traffic would merge onto the freeway. I didn’t enjoy this ride at all. I know everyone has to learn but this was not fun and took forever!!
Ugh, we've had drivers like this. It really annoys Steve. But at least you got there, looking forward to reading more!

Loving the pizza for breakfast!!!! My kinda gal.......:thumbsup2

Looking forward to seeing FQ again, we did enjoy our stay there, albeit many years ago........

Doesn’t sound like a fun bus journey at all........but glad you made it safe and sound..........nervous drivers aren’t a good thing!

You got that right, I just couldn’t resist the great rate at WL and money left over on GC’s. I wish you were going again in August, I just hate when real life gets in the way don’t you!
You had to take up that offer! It would have been a shame to have wasted it ::yes:: I really wish I was going back in August, too. I see that @ariane37 will be overlapping with you too. Hmmm... :rolleyes: [the "hmmmm" all us Disers know so well ;) :laughing:]

At least you have a trip coming up soon :dogdance:
Very true! :hyper:

One nice thing about flying out of this little airport is you really don’t need to get there to early.
I love that about my small town airport, too. Makes those super early flights a little less... early :laughing:

I wanted Chicago deep dish but couldn’t find the one from the last trip but look what I found instead!
Yes! I remember this from your previous trip!

A savory pizza for breakfast hit the spot for me, this was delicious for being airport food.
Yum! This looks delicious!!!

Oh my we had a new bus driver and he was so nervous.
Oh, dear... poor guy. But at that point, everyone just wanted to be there I'm sure. Too bad he didn't have someone with him to help guide him in his first week or so. You'd think Disney would have that kind of thing in place. Like a mentor program or something!

Excited to hear about your first afternoon at Disney!!! Those first moments are always some of the most magical of the trip :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter