We Ate, We Drank, We Conquered - An Aug/Sep '16 Dining Report - Complete 3/11

I'm here too, ready for another food party! A little late but at least before the first review. Can׳t wait to read all about it

This looks to be a fun read! Help me pass time until our trip.

It's so weird, I also have some good friends named Wine and Cocktail....

First! :P

I see that Milky Way Sundae! Can't wait to dive into that bad boy next week!
Impressive!!!! And in your honor....
frame184.png

Sorry Billie threads closed :P

Hurrah! I've been on the lookout for this! Eleven days sounds heavenly - can't wait to hear all about it!!!
11 days was indeed heaven. It was the perfect amount of time in my opinion. We could go slow and do what we wanted and still had time to get it all in. Plus when it was time to come home we were even ready too.

I'm here!!! Can't wait to hear all about it! We're checking into Poly 10/31! Looking forward to trying Narcoossees for the first time too!
Halloween at the Poly sounds ghoulishly perfect to me :-) Hope you all love Narcoossees. We did it again on this trip and it did not disappoint.

Can't wait to read about it! We leave Thursday for our trip so I may have to catch up when we get back!
Sounds like you are there now. Hope you and your hubby have a great time! Can't wait to her about it when you get back.

Ok I'll settle for fourth :rolleyes1. Dang Billie you're quick today!:worship:

Sounds like an awesome report coming up Kari! 8 signatures!!! Wow. Big Summer blowout!

And what's up with this new ticker I see???? :hyper2:
4th is nothing to be ashamed of Kelly :P

To be fair 3 of the 8 signatures were for an app only but signatures none the less. And yes we are headed back in February. Our annual passes run out later in the month, so really its only economical to go again :-)

I finally made it on the first page of a Kari report! Can't wait to read all about it!
Congratulations :-) Hope you enjoy

Can't wait to follow along, I just finished reading your last dining report!
Thanks for joining along

I'm 8th?????
I'm leaving :tiptoe:
62167997.jpg

Yay! Can't wait to read in on all of your food and alcohol adventures
Welcome! Any one who can't wait for alcohol is welcome in my book

Can't wait to follow along! We are leaving for *HOME* on the in 13 days!
Woohoo!!!!!! Hopefully I can actually start this dang thing before you leave.

Sounds like a ton of fun, I'm in! Going to read your past reports now :)
Thanks! Hope you enjoy

Whoo hoo!!!!
Thanks Lori!

Looking forward to reading a long
:welcome:

You better be :D

Here and so ready for your new foodie adventures!

I did start an Aulani trip report. I may do our Disneyland food (and maybe even all of our food) in a food report as well! http://www.disboards.com/threads/just-mauid-maui-aulani-trip-report.3552835/
Hi Ashley!!!!! Wouldn't be complete without you. And all over your Aulani report already.

Can't Wait!!!
Thanks!

Can't wait to read all about your most recent food adventures! Just finished your last report. I've been a lurker for a long time and only recently signed up to be able to post. In fact, this is my first post! I'll be there in 13 days. It will be my first trip without my kids and first time to Food and Wine. This will be my third trip this year tho. We usually only go every other year. This was not our year for Disney but our son worked there this past spring as part of the Disney College Program so we bought annual passes for the first time and we love it!
Hi there Deana!!!! I am so honored to be your first post. We've all come out of lurkerdome at one time or another so glad food and wine got ya over the hump :-)

Hope you enjoy your trip. Love my kid, but an adult weekend with food and wine sounds pretty darn wonderful.

Excited to read all about your trip!! I am taking notes on the drinks to try!
Make sure your pencil is sharpened cause we in typical fashion did lots of over indulging!

Following along.
Welcome!

Excited! I'm in!! You're going to make me chAnge my ADRs to accommodate something else with your reviews! :rotfl:
:-) What good are ADR's if they aren't meant to be changed

Sounds great!
Thanks!

Looking forward to this one!! :cloud9:

A little late to the party but I'm in!
You're not late at all and if I'm a betting woman I think you may make an appearance in this one!

I'm here! Very excited to read about your trip!!
Hey stranger!!!!! Hope you're doing well

I can't wait to hear about your 11 days at the Polynesian. I have a feeling that there may be a visit to Trader Sam's in there. ;)
Hi Sue! There was almost a Trader Sam's visit but the line was too long. One of thee days I'll make it inside.

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

300x168xcinderellakristinwiig-300x168_gif_pagespeed_ic_mg13qyenxm.png
Be still my drunkin' Cinderella heart!

Can't believe I was able to get in on the ground floor of this puppy!! Ready to wallow in the wonderful foodieness!!
Wallowing commencing soon!

Joining in!!!! 11 days? Yay! Can't wait to read all about it, sounds like it was a great trip :goodvibes
Awesome!!!! Can't wait to hear about all your adventures

Yeah! Can't wait to hear about new shenanigans!
And there were certainly lots of shenanigans to be had.

I've been waiting for this! Can't wait to read all about it!
Hope you enjoy!

I'm here! Looking like a great trip report!

11 days! So exciting ... But the real question is how many Bloody Mary's did you have?
Let's see 1, 2, 3, lost count there :drinking1

Woo hoo!! Love your reports!
Thanks!

Yay! Really looking forward to this!!!
Hi Teresa! Hope you enjoy!

Can't wait to read along! Glad that your vacation was good, despite that hurricane activity!
Compared to Matthew, Hermine was tame but she did disrupt us a bit

Joining in, just back from WDW and US so great place to start. Looking forward to the reviews.
Hi Caroline!!!! Can't wait to read about your adventures too!

Late, but here!
On time and welcome :P

I'm here too, ready for another food party! A little late but at least before the first review. Can׳t wait to read all about it
Food party commencing soon.....

Here and impatiently waiting lol...No seriously, I'm ready for an update!:)
Patience, patience, all good things come in time :P

I'm planning my next trip now, and I'm pretty much addicted to dining reviews!
Thanks so much. Hope you enjoy this one.

Leaving in 3 weeks...can't wait to read your report!
3 weeks!!!!!!!! That is awesome. I better get this thing started before you leave.

This looks to be a fun read! Help me pass time until our trip.

It's so weird, I also have some good friends named Wine and Cocktail....
You know wine and cocktail too?????? It's a small world after all.....

I'm in!!! :D

Trip Commencing in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

And we're off

And we're here

And we're really excited

Thanks for joining :P

Ok, ok, despite having to work 1/2 a day that morning, the trip down was largely uneventful and made all the better by a couple of gin and tonics on the plane. My job has been incredibly stressful lately and the gin was much needed to get this crazy brain of mine into vacation mode. Thanks to an early arrival (love me some Jet Blue) we were at the Poly and checking in before 7.

Our room was in Aotearoa (after 11 days still have no freakin' clue how to say that) and unbenonced to us we had the dubious distinction of being in the last room, on the top floor, of the entire resort.

The room was great though it was closer to Grand Floridian than it was to the Transportation Center.

Walks to get to the monorail for Ep-A-Cot were LONG (especially because Casey was sans stroller for the first time ever) But check out our view!!!!

And kudos to Jason for the matching magic bands!

I'd hoped we would arrive early and had made some fast passes just in case. So we forged some much needed sustenance in favor of some time in MK. And what better way to start the trip than meeting the big cheese himself.

Someone found her name in line.

And was really excited

So excited in fact that Jason and I even jumped into the character mix.

From there we went on a trippy ride on some teacups, sailed under the sea, before we finally stopped for some much needed food.

By this time it was getting late, but we had one final FP for the evening.

I hadn't delivered on Casey's request to ride mine train at night on our last trip, so I scored some Mama points by delivering so early in the trip. Not sure what kind of points Jason earned, but you'll see he kept it up throughout the trip.

Last edited:
Aye Aye Captain

By this time we hadn't eaten anything but a pretzel since around noon so we were some hungry,
hungry, hippos! Too tired to wait for a table service we elected to stop in Captain Cooks so we could eat something while we unpacked.

Casey and I shared the Pulled Pork Nachos.

These are a mix of potato and wonton chips topped with onions, cheese, spicy mayo (which I got on the side), tomatoes, and pineapple salsa. These hit the proverbial its 10pm and I'm freakin' hungry spot though it wasn't very hot temperature wise. They did have great flavor though and were augmented by the nice and spicy mayo. And I loved the addition of the wonton chips which were nice and airy.

And lest you think I washed these down the water.

A good ole Michelob Ultra hit the spot!

Jason went with the Aloha Pork Sandwich

This is Pulled Pork on a Pineapple-Coconut Bun with Cheddar, Asian Slaw, Cucumbers, and Tomatoes. This had great flavor and the pork was very moist, though like mine it wasn't very hot temperature wise. Jason had the same chips on the side as mine and he loved them. It's nice when they go the extra mile to home make chips. He of course had an adult beverage too (think it was Red Strip) though I didn't get a photo.

Considering our bill was barely over $30 including alcohol this was a great late night spot. I'm not usually a huge counter service fan, but this was our second trip Captain Cooks and its been good both times. They need to figure out how to keep their food hot, but otherwise I'm sure we'll return.

Sorry for the lack of food in these posts, but I promise lots of goodness is on its way. Speaking of which, up next we dine with our forefathers.

I love Jason's magic band, we really liked Capt Cookes when we stayed at the Poly. The food looks yummy! I think Disney overall needs a better way to keep food hot, this is problem I noticed as well, especially with quick service. Casey takes great pictures, so excited!

Looks good, especially those chips, but as I'm still full from lunch today seeing those pics is making my tummy feel like it wants to explode like I just ate all over again.
Also Love your resort view!

And yes we are headed back in February

Ok when on Feb. will you be there?? I'll be there the last part of the month.

the trip down was largely uneventful and made all the better by a couple of gin and tonics

That's my girl !

Cute magic bands! Very Polynesiany, yes that is a word. Love your view also, I could watch the monorail all day long.

I found the same thing about Captain Cooks, food wasn't super hot, but good none the less.

Can't believe how big Casey has gotten!

So weird, the decor in your room is different colors than ours was in Jan :scratchin Maybe because we were in one of the DVC buildings.......we were in Moorea and were REAL close to the TTC which was awesome. Not my favorite deluxe by any means but it was very cool and easy being so close.

A beer? I didn't know you drink :rotfl2: :rotfl: :P:P

Must try those pulled pork nachos next time! They look great! I'm still trying to figure out if I can sneak a 4 day trip before my AP runs out.....otherwise it'll be next August before I am sampling any of those yummies. Great start!

Aye Aye Captain

By this time we hadn't eaten anything but a pretzel since around noon so we were some hungry,
hungry, hippos! Too tired to wait for a table service we elected to stop in Captain Cooks so we could eat something while we unpacked.

Casey and I shared the Pulled Pork Nachos.

These are a mix of potato and wonton chips topped with onions, cheese, spicy mayo (which I got on the side), tomatoes, and pineapple salsa. These hit the proverbial its 10pm and I'm freakin' hungry spot though it wasn't very hot temperature wise. They did have great flavor though and were augmented by the nice and spicy mayo. And I loved the addition of the wonton chips which were nice and airy.

And lest you think I washed these down the water.

A good ole Michelob Ultra hit the spot!

Jason went with the Aloha Pork Sandwich

This is Pulled Pork on a Pineapple-Coconut Bun with Cheddar, Asian Slaw, Cucumbers, and Tomatoes. This had great flavor and the pork was very moist, though like mine it wasn't very hot temperature wise. Jason had the same chips on the side as mine and he loved them. It's nice when they go the extra mile to home make chips. He of course had an adult beverage too (think it was Red Strip) though I didn't get a photo.

Considering our bill was barely over $30 including alcohol this was a great late night spot. I'm not usually a huge counter service fan, but this was our second trip Captain Cooks and its been good both times. They need to figure out how to keep their food hot, but otherwise I'm sure we'll return.

Sorry for the lack of food in these posts, but I promise lots of goodness is on its way. Speaking of which, up next we dine with our forefathers.

I need these nachos in my life...especially since I'm addicted to Disney resort chips.

Oooh, pulled pork nachos! We enjoyed those when we were there, but ours were also kinda room temp! Love Captain Cooks.

Hopefully you will appreciate this. I'm responding to your update while I'm wine drunk. I actually read it earlier while I was completely sober but it is Saturday night and I've now had a few glasses of wine, fyi. ;)

Glad you made it at a fairly decent hour and you had the foresight to book FP! Enjoying the poly view but not the walk time to the ttc. Talking Mickey is always a great choice! Can I borrow Casey for my trip? I need a 7DMT ride companion bc I don't think I can talk DH or DS5 onto it, and my wild child DS2 isn't tall enough!

Loving the nachos. I'm currently eating some homemade nachos right now (goes so well with wine...lol). Looking forward to more!

Great view from your room!

I don't think there's a single thing on those nachos I'd eat (besides the pulled pork):crazy2: - I'm a fussy one! Glad you enjoyed them though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter