WDW Event Swap Sign-ups - **Questions in Post 56**

TPCShauna

<font color=green> Most Cheerful Creativear<br><fo
This is the first swap I’ve ever hosted that required research to set up. I’ve been to MVMCP and done lots of the other Christmas stuff but I totally had to search to find info on the other things. I think I’ve covered everything but please feel free to post if you feel there is something I should add.

This swap is for all of the extra special events that Disney does throughout the year. It includes MNSSHP, MVMCP, the Pirate and Princess Party, and other special events at WDW and Disneyland. I’ve opened one group for each topic but will open more as needed.

Check-in:
October 18
November 1
November 12
Due Date: November 19

We are making mini page kits consisting of 1 topper/title and 2 elements of your choice for all groups except for groups with specific instructions (party-specific parade groups, Food and Wine Fest and Flower and Garden Fest). See list below for more details.

Step 1 – Choose your topic. You may sign up for more than one group if you would like. Follow the sign-up instructions for each group. You don't need to tell us what you are making unless you are in the event groups. We all know what its like to start and change your plans mid-stream.

Step 2 - PM me with your DIS name, name, home address, email address, and phone numbers. Email and phone numbers will only be used to follow up if I have not heard from you. Check the progress thread for your status - it will be updated with check-in, ship info and received info.

Step 3 – After you create your items, package them individually in Ziploc bags and place all of your bags for each group in it’s own, larger (gallon size) Ziploc bag. Please be sure to package each group separately. Include your name, DIS name and group number on each larger bag. Include return postage for whichever method you prefer. If you want delivery confirmation, don't forget to send in the extra money for that as well as a completed d/c slip.

Please don’t send metered or click-it/ship-it postage – some hostesses have had issues with these.

Step 4 – Check in on the progress thread regularly. Check the thread for updates, receipt and shipping info.

Step 5 – PM me if you have problems and need to drop out or if an emergency happens (we all know things happen beyond our control sometimes), let me know so we can make arrangements for an angel or other help if needed.

Element List (thanks to SusieStone for this one :D) – if you have another idea for an element, let me know and I will add it.

NO hand written lettering on ANY items. Please use computer fonts, rub-ons, stickers or stamps. NOTE: Embellished means using brads, eyelets, charms, ribbon/fiber, 3D stickers (matted stickers/cliparts are okay too) or embossing (dry/heat).

TOPPER - The size and orientation is up to you. Please do not make it more than 8 inches wide. You may cut letters out to spell a title but make sure the letters are at least 1 1/4 inches and have a shadow matted behind each letter. If you choose to cut out a title, place letters in a separate baggie and let us know what they spell.

Element Selection:
Journaling Box: 1PP at least a 3x3 writing area, double matted and embellished with actual journal area placed on top of the two mats
Tag: 1 PP for medium or large tags, 2 pp for 2x3 tags, double matted and embellished, include either ribbon/fiber or eyelet/brad in the hole - may include both...the fiber and or eyelet does not count as an embellishments
Embellished Shapes: 3PP 1-1/2x1-1/2 or larger if you wish, double matted and embellished. These can be circles, squares, flowers, etc. be creative. If it is a shape that would not look right double matted please use your best judgement.....Just make up for it in another way. Maybe make a few extra or throw in something extra.
Slide Mounts: 2PP be creative here please
File Folders or Matchbooks: 1 PP if medium size or lager, 2 pp if mini sized. Please make sure to enclose a blank page in the matchbook if this is the element you choose to do.
Bottle Caps: 2PP if metal, 4PP if paper
Library Pocket and Tag: 1PP embellished, no smaller than to hold 2x3 a tag that should have ribbon/fiber or eyelet in the hole
Shaker Box: 1PP be creative please
Paper Piecing: 1PP be creative please
License Plate: 1PP be creative please
Signage/Bookmark: 1PP 2x6, double matted and embellished
Song/Lyric/Poem: 1PP, double matted and embellished
Altered CD cover: 1PP be creative please
Altered letter: matted at least 4 inches
Altered Paper Clips: 3 large size ones
Embellishment baggie to include the following items: 3 yards of fiber, yard of ribbon, 2 pieces of 6 X6 coordinating paper, 8 brads and 8 eyelets.
Individual wrapped store bought embellishment package.(example Jolees, shaped clips,etc.)

PP = Per Person

Walt Disney World

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party – MNSSHP A - Make 6, Get 6
HalloWishes - NewEnglandEeyore
Mickey’s Boo to You Parade - 123SA
Trick or Treat Stations - NemoMom07
Villain’s Mix and Mingle - mom2001scrapper
Halloween Dance Parties - bearbear
Character Meet and Greets - missesdisney

Mickey's Boo to You Parade - MNSSHP Parade A - Make 4, Get 4
(1 element per person; post what you are doing so there will be no duplicates within a group)
1. 123SA - embellished shapes
2. missesdisney - license plate
3. NemoMom07 - paper piecing
4. calanniebu - Journal box

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – MVMCP A - Make 5, Get 5
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parade - 123SA
Holiday Wishes - christinadei
Hot cocoa and cookie spots - TPCShauna
Snow on Main Street - bearbear
One of the shows (your choice) - missesdisney

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade - MVMCP Parade A - Make 5, Get 5
(1 element per person; post what you are doing so there will be no duplicates within a group)
1. TPCShauna - Altered CD
2. 123SA - paper piecing
3. missesdisney - slide mounts
4. hopemax - embellished shapes
5. christinadei - tags

Pirate and Princess Party – PnP A - Make 3, Get 3
Disney’s Enchanted Adventures Parade - bearbear
Princess Court (your choice) - Tiggermei
Pirate Port (your choice) - happypooh

Epcot Food and Wine Festival - FnWF A - Make 6, Get 6
1. TPCShauna - tags
2. rlovew - library pocket and tag
3. missesdisney - file folder
4. New England Eeyore - license plate
5. bigsis1970 - journal box
6. christinadei - topper

Epcot Flower and Garden Festival - FnGF A - Make 6, Get 6
1. missesdisney - slide mounts
2. hopemax - paper piecing
3. rlovew - embellished shapes
4. New England Eeyore - license plate
5. bigsis1970 - journal box
6. piratesmate - embellishment baggie

WDW Miscellaneous Group – WDW Misc. A - Make 6, Get 6
Epcot Christmas Tree Lighting - christinadei
Candlelight Processional - TPCShauna
Holiday Décor at the Resorts - missesdisney
Osborne Family Festival of Lights - happypooh
Epcot Holiday Story Tellers - hopemax
Christmas Trees at AK - rlovew

Holidays at the Resorts - HR A
1. TPCShauna - Grand Floridian
2. hopemax - Wilderness Lodge
3. rlovew - Yacht Club
4. missesdisney - Polynesian
5. happypooh - Boardwalk Inn
6. New England Eeyore - Beach Club

Disneyland

Disneyland Miscellaneous Group – DL Misc. A
HalloweenTime - hrpufnsash
Haunted Mansion Holiday - hrpufnsash
It’s a Small World Holiday - TPCShauna
Christmas Fireworks - Tiggermei
Candlelight Processional - TPCShauna
Christmas at Disneyland - Tiggermei

Angels:
AWM

I would like the Epcot Tree Lighting in WDW Misc. A

Also if you do a group for the food and wine festival I would love to be in that.

Rebecca

Hi Shauna,

I'd like the following:

MNSSHP A Character Meet and Greets
MNSSHP Parade A license plate
MVMCP A One of the shows (your choice) (not sure which one yet)
MVMCP Parade A slide mounts
WDW Misc. A Holiday Décor at the Resorts
Special Event Parades at WDW – Parades A Mickey's very merry christmas parade (this is a mini page kit right?)

Also if you do flower and garden and/or food and wine I'd be interested in that too. If not maybe I'll check interest on those and host that in 08.

Thanks!

Maria

:sad: We've never done any of the special things. And with both kids in school now, I don't think we ever will. :sad:

Put me down for an angel though.

I dont post alot, but have been waiting to join this swap for awhile.

I would like to have MNSSHP A- trick or treat stations

and also in The Mickeys Boo to You Parade- MNSSHP Parade A-paper piecing

Thanks... I also pm'd you. I think it got sent... not sure. If not just let me know.

:sad: We've never done any of the special things. And with both kids in school now, I don't think we ever will. :sad:

Put me down for an angel though.

We just take him out of school - and luckily we have a school that will excuse vacations. We try to work it into some school holiday though. And, he's only in 1st grade.

I would take them out of school in a heartbeat if we got a good room deal for one of the cool events. However, my DH doesn't like WDW that much to begin with, he won't even consider missing school for it.

Could I have: Mickey's Boo to You Parade - MNSSHP Parade A - Journal Box, please?

Thanks for hosting!

Updated to here.

I've added groups for Epcot Food and Wine Festival and Flower and Garden Show. Both are single element groups. rlovew and missesdisney - please confirm your spots in your requested groups and add your element when you have a moment. Thanks for reminding me about those two events. I totally forgot them!

AWM - I'm sorry you've not been to any of the special events but I did list you as an angel. Hopefully DH will take you soon.

NemoMom07 - Welcome to the swap board! Good job on diving right in!

Thanks for joining everyone!

I'm passing on this one.......even though we are doing MHT next weekend.....I got to much going on.....maybe next year.......

Lisa

May I have:

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade
Flower and Garden
WDW Misc - Epcot Holiday Storytellers

I'll get back to you with elements

Hopemax - Got you down!

Sorry you won't be joining us, mommy2mrb. Have a great time at MHT!!!

Hopemax - Got you down!

Sorry you won't be joining us, mommy2mrb. Have a great time at MHT!!!

Thanks, it will be our first MHT.......looks like you holiday trip is getting close too, love DLR during Christmas, hope to do WDW one day.......

I would take them out of school in a heartbeat if we got a good room deal for one of the cool events. However, my DH doesn't like WDW that much to begin with, he won't even consider missing school for it.

Isn't it always the way. I have the opposite problem. DH thinks we have a money tree and can go more often. We are DVC and annual passholders so that's handled at least.

Updated to here.

I've added groups for Epcot Food and Wine Festival and Flower and Garden Show. Both are single element groups. rlovew and missesdisney - please confirm your spots in your requested groups and add your element when you have a moment. Thanks for reminding me about those two events. I totally forgot them!

Thanks for adding those! I'd like slide mounts for flower and garden and file folder for food & wine please.

Maria

Thanks for adding those! I'd like slide mounts for flower and garden and file folder for food & wine please.

Maria

No problem! I told y'all to tell me if I missed anything. This swap covers a lot of ground! :goodvibes

It is going to be fun getting back into it again. I did a lot of swapping and just had overload. Now I just do one at a time, especially now that I have a 16 month old that is none stop.

Look forward to getting to know everyone and making some friends. I moved about two years ago and really do not know a lot of people now that I am sahm due to my other son who is severally disabled. Anyway thanks again.

Glad to have you with us NemoMom07!!

Shauna I would like to do a library pocket and tag for the food and wine festival. I actually already have my embellishments. I found perfect ones earlier this year and bought them to use on this.

Also I would like to do Embellished shapes for the Flower and Garden festival group.

Rebecca

Well, I was swap-free for, like 5 days, but now I've fallen off the wagon again. I must be in this swap!

Can I have HalloWishes in MNSSHP and a spot in Food & Wine and Flower & Garden? I'll let you know my elements tomorrow. I had an awful day and my brain is fried.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter