WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Also isn’t it safer to be dropped at the Swolphin or Boardwalk and walk on the walkway along the lake anyway?
Currently, you need either a mobile order or ADR for Boardwalk (or any Disney resort) to get past the guard if you are not staying at that resort and you are arriving by car/Uber. I don't believe Swan/Dolphin is requiring the same (or at least they aren't validating it), but the walk from there is about the same distance as the walk from Speedway. The walk from Speedway is on a path as well.

I think they can leave me at Speedway and walk from there, I plan to do this early mainly for the Mickey ride, I´m going to try to get a boarding pass from the hotel.
FWIW, we got to MMRR around 9:30. It was a posted 45 minute wait, took us about 30 minutes. If you enter the park while your family is still parking the car, presumably they will need to catch up with you in the MMRR queue. Depending on where you're at in the queue, it can be tricky and CMs seemed hesitant/annoyed when people tried to do this, I think from the social distancing aspect. Frankly, if you're ok with waiting possibly 30-35 minutes, you'll be fine if you get to the lot when it opens around 9am. Not everyone is rushing to MMRR at opening. There's a good chunk that goes towards Slinky Dog, many go to Smuggler's Run, and some over to RnRC/TOT.

I have mixed feelings about this.
Coupled with the losses they reported today, I feel like it may be a decision based more on economics than on current public health conditions.
Possibly. Or... They silently increase awhile ago and just announced it today to help balance the bad news. I think others have said, or I read elsewhere, that as they've added more reservations, they've opened up more areas. Hopefully greater availability means shows coming back, but I'm not counting on that with the recent layoffs.

I have mixed feelings about this.
Coupled with the losses they reported today, I feel like it may be a decision based more on economics than on current public health conditions.
It's a fine line, Disney is a business and needs to make money, all the safety guidelines are not only still in place but we can definitely say they have become more strict at enforcing them, we are headed into what's arguably the busiest time of the year, they already have expanded hours and we might see further extensions, so i think it's still a good balance

It's a fine line, Disney is a business and needs to make money, all the safety guidelines are not only still in place but we can definitely say they have become more strict at enforcing them, we are headed into what's arguably the busiest time of the year, they already have expanded hours and we might see further extensions, so i think it's still a good balance

Totally understand. Hence the mixed feelings. 😆
I do wonder how much 10% more capacity "feels" in the grand scheme of things. Is it even noticeable?

I feel for their bottom line, but I have to wonder why they raise the capacity now with COVID cases surging all over the country. A lot of states are back to or near March levels.

I feel for their bottom line, but I have to wonder why they raise the capacity now with COVID cases surging all over the country. A lot of states are back to or near March levels.
I think some has to do with actual demand, like i said this is the busy season coming up, also they need the money, there's no doubt about it, DL still closed its a huge issue. I believe we'll be fine as long as cm continue to enforce and guest continue to adhere

I have to assume that they would be increasing the ride usage. With no shows, no meet and greats, and no live entertainment, the rides are the only place to actively take people (aside from food)

With the new 35% capacity change what else will be changing and/or possibly returning?
merged you to the existing operational thread
They have announced more restaurant and activities opening like the petting zoo at AK and restaurants at AK and CSR, I don't expect the show to come back any time soon

Adding some dining or minor activies is ok. Howevr, the big need is to either add live entertainment(which is not happening) or increase hourly ride capacity, which i do know if they are doing.

Adding some dining or minor activies is ok. Howevr, the big need is to either add live entertainment(which is not happening) or increase hourly ride capacity, which i do know if they are doing.
I agree, i think we'll see extension of hours but is a real shame they don't have the shows to ro gobble up the crowds

I am wondering if they will increase ride capacity/loading. I would think they could add a little more and still be physically distanced (for example...couple in front seat of splash mountain and couple in back row).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter